How should the Cowboys handle Zeke? Re-sign him, that's how.

Runaway Jim

What would you do?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How should the Cowboys deal with Zeke?

• Deny him a new contract and wait for him to return
    • Add money to his remaining two years but deny him an extension
    • Sign him to a new 3 year deal that makes him one of the top three highest paid RB in the league
    • Sign him to a new 5 year deal that makes him the highest paid RB in the league
    • Trade him to the highest bidder

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:
16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Jerry has never caved for a RB. Doubt he starts now. 

Jerry on being worried about Zeke's contract:

“No, I don’t consider it … when have I ever not done one?” Jones asked back, referring to previous contract disputes over the years. “You just keep plugging along. I don’t want to see a cliché but its what we tell these (players), it’s one foot in front of the other and go. Do what you have to do on the next play and keep going.”

Im not sure I follow? Thats not him caving. 

17 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

I've got the second pick in my fantasy draft tonight.  Kamara and CMC are keepers.  Really wish I knew how this will play out.  Would love to have Zeke on my team instead of David Johnson.

You've already got two rbs just take Deandre Hopkins and win the league let someone else roll the dice on Zeke

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im not sure I follow? Thats not him caving. 

What would caving be? He did offer him a top money deal, did he not? The anti RB people on ff.com would never offer him the deal that's currently on the table. Zeke is rumored to not have a counter on the table. Sounds like there is at least a chance the Dallas Cowboys will pay their RB more than almost any team in the history of the NFL. If that happens, Jerry caved to a RB.  ...again.

5 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

You've already got two rbs just take Deandre Hopkins and win the league let someone else roll the dice on Zeke

Kamara is my keeper but CMC is not.  I was just saying those two are not available to be picked second.

Also... is Hopkins really a good pick considering the Texans OLine issues?

Edited by Runaway Jim

8 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

Kamara is my keeper but CMC is not.  I was just saying those two are not available to be picked second.

Also... is Hopkins really a good pick considering the Texans OLine issues?

Soooooooo Saquon?

Edit: Hopkins has produced every year despite backup qbs and no line. He's the surest thing at WR

Edited by Ace5

10 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

Soooooooo Saquon?

Edit: Hopkins has produced every year despite backup qbs and no line. He's the surest thing at WR

I expect (and hope) Saquon will be the first pick.  I have a policy against drafting players from division rivals or players who abuse women or children.

37 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

What would caving be? He did offer him a top money deal, did he not? The anti RB people on ff.com would never offer him the deal that's currently on the table. Zeke is rumored to not have a counter on the table. Sounds like there is at least a chance the Dallas Cowboys will pay their RB more than almost any team in the history of the NFL. If that happens, Jerry caved to a RB.  ...again.

1. Paying the "best RB" in the league a contract tied with Gurley from last year isnt caving.

2. When was the last time he caved? Emmitt? 25 years ago?

15 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

This is what I want more than anything, but I'm worried he'll hold out half the season.  I might just do this and make sure I get Pollard, too.

Did you click the link? Jerry literally just said that Zeke will be on the field.