How should the Cowboys handle Zeke? Re-sign him, that's how.

Runaway Jim

What would you do?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How should the Cowboys deal with Zeke?

• Deny him a new contract and wait for him to return
    • Add money to his remaining two years but deny him an extension
    • Sign him to a new 3 year deal that makes him one of the top three highest paid RB in the league
    • Sign him to a new 5 year deal that makes him the highest paid RB in the league
    • Trade him to the highest bidder

3 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

I think Zeke is either going to sign a new contract and join the team a week before the season opener, or he is going to sit out the first ten games to minimize the wear and tear on his body this year playing under his rookie deal.  More likely the latter.

If he sits out the 10 games, I’d bet his days in Dallas are finished. I have a feeling Pollard is going to be better than advertised. 

6 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

If he sits out the 10 games, I’d bet his days in Dallas are finished. I have a feeling Pollard is going to be better than advertised. 

I'm starting to come around on Pollard. I want to see him semi-extensively in that dress rehearsal game, but with our starting OL, we can pick up yards with a young speedster.

My question isn't really whether Pollard can start for Zeke in game 1 or 2, but what about week 15 or 16? Can he handle 300+ carrys this year? Him not being the starter in college gives me pause about trusting him to be the bell cow in one of the most run dependent offensive schemes in the league. I know we have Alf and Weber to ease the load but I don't have as much confidence in them right now. I feel better about Pollard getting those touches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

That is really disrespectful.   Not as disrespectful as pulling off a strangers top in a parade, but disrespectful nonetheless.

"stranger"

You mean the chick he was boning that gave him the blessing to pull her top off?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I'm starting to come around on Pollard. I want to see him semi-extensively in that dress rehearsal game, but with our starting OL, we can pick up yards with a young speedster.

My question isn't really whether Pollard can start for Zeke in game 1 or 2, but what about week 15 or 16? Can he handle 300+ carrys this year? Him not being the starter in college gives me pause about trusting him to be the bell cow in one of the most run dependent offensive schemes in the league. I know we have Alf and Weber to ease the load but I don't have as much confidence in them right now. I feel better about Pollard getting those touches.

Hopefully no RB carries it 300 times for us. Zeke or Pollard. 

• Like 1

I just can’t see Pollard being good enough to be a 10-11 game solution. Yes we can manage a game here a game there against some teams but to win the tough battles against the top we need a something better then Pollard 

Thus in my mind if Zeke isn’t playing by say week 4-5 then this is another wasted season like the one two years ago 

45 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

See if the Colts would take Zeke for Marlon Mack and a 1st.

They have the cap space to sign him.

Mack and Pollard could be a nice duo.

Make Dak prove his worth.

This all day.  Now I like Zeke and think he is great.  However, I dont think it is worth it to pay him what he wants.  Also, if Andrew Luck cant play then this could be a really good pick.

32 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

If Zeke and his agent found Jerry’s comment “disrespectful” I wonder what they will think of Jaylon (drafted 1 rd later, missed an entire yr, isn’t a 2x All Pro) getting a big contract before him ..... and more money than he will get/has been offered

Definitely some pros and cons to look at.

Although same draft class, Jaylon had 1 less year on his deal.

Zeke should get more than $12.5 a year.

Looks like Jaylon took a discount.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Revenant said:

This all day.  Now I like Zeke and think he is great.  However, I dont think it is worth it to pay him what he wants.  Also, if Andrew Luck cant play then this could be a really good pick.

I love Zeke and think we should pay him, however his guaranteed money needs to have an out for any off the field issues.

If we pay Dak $30 plus mill a year which I dont think we should, however looks like we will, we can't continue to pay everyone.

Zeke could take the Colts to another level and we could do a lot worse than Mack and Pollard.