Bills release RB Jonathan Williams

Broncofan

49 minutes ago, Castiron said:

I wonder if you know he would have been picked higher if he didn't sit out his entire final college season due to foot surgery, and it's hard to be proven when you only get a whopping 27 carries.

I'm well aware of that. He also was injured part of last season and this years mini camp. hmmmm.

This Bills coaching staff and front office didn't need him to prove himself. He was a 5th round draft pick by the old regime that hasn't done anything in the league yet. Just like the guys they decided to keep instead of him. 

I'm actually shocked this was considered breaking news. 

So the Broncos signed him....why? They cut Steven Ridley after preseason (who looked darn good) because they have: CJ Anderson, Jamaal Charles, Devonte Booker and Deangelo Henderson. Im really wondering why adding a 500k practice squad RB with Williams to be RB5 when Ridley easily could have assumed that role.

How about signing a proven offensive linemen for depth to block for the 4 capable RBs you have and to make sure your young QB doesnt get killed throwing to your $103 million worth of starting WRs.

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

So the Broncos signed him....why? They cut Steven Ridley after preseason (who looked darn good) because they have: CJ Anderson, Jamaal Charles, Devonte Booker and Deangelo Henderson. Im really wondering why adding a 500k practice squad RB with Williams to be RB5 when Ridley easily could have assumed that role.

How about signing a proven offensive linemen for depth to block for the 4 capable RBs you have and to make sure your young QB doesnt get killed throwing to your $103 million worth of starting WRs.

Ridley only looked good the 4th game but other than that I wouldn't say he looked "darn good".  Plus he couldn't be signed to the practice squad anyway.  That said, I think Ridley is a better RB than Booker..

20 hours ago, Twizlers said:

Ridley only looked good the 4th game but other than that I wouldn't say he looked "darn good".  Plus he couldn't be signed to the practice squad anyway.  That said, I think Ridley is a better RB than Booker..

IDK I think Ridley showed a lot and could easily be a RB3 on another team that doesnt have a log jam at RB. I just dont understand the point of signing WIlliams as a overpaid RB5 who will literally do nothing for you. He will get upgraded to RB3 only if Charles and Anderson go down with season ending injuries and even then, he wont get any playing time behind Booker and Henderson

Archived