Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

brooks1957

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

God

I was sooooooo wrong about Bakers arm strength. I’m seriously wondering if he had some kind of unreported injury in college.

He had a whip coming out of Oklahoma. I made the claim that he had an A/A+ arm coming out and if it weren't for Josh Allen having GOAT arm talent, Baker's arm would have been the best. I kept seeing people talk about how his arm was at best average and it made me want to kill someone. The dude has great arm talent in areas of distance AND zip. Always has.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

He had a whip coming out of Oklahoma. I made the claim that he had an A/A+ arm coming out and if it weren't for Josh Allen having GOAT arm talent, Baker's arm would have been the best. I kept seeing people talk about how his arm was at best average and it made me want to kill someone. The dude has great arm talent in areas of distance AND zip. Always has.

Yeah, iirc he had the longest throw in the league last year (air yards).

Also threw 60 mph at the combine, which is elite.

He has an A/A+ arm and it’s not really debatable.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, iirc he had the longest throw in the league last year (air yards).

Also threw 60 mph at the combine, which is elite.

He has an A/A+ arm and it’s not really debatable.

Yeah, had the longest air completion...until it was surpassed. I think it may have been Allen (or Mahomes) who beat him out but it was still second longest I believe. Arm strength is zero concern for Baker, we know that now. Accuracy was his strongest attribute coming into the league but that isn't ever as consistent as arm strength so I'd say Baker's arm strength is his best, or least concerning, area.

We're all happy with his arm strength, accuracy and leadership. Most are happy with his decision making and reads. Some probably even believe he can throw guys open now and handle pressure up the middle. As of today, we're really lucky with our QB. We were overdue.

• Like 2

I can't believe no one has started a thread on this.

I've been following it daily from the Browns website.  Lots of comprehensive coverage of the defense and offense, all of the new guys.  No doubt many of you have been also.

Much coverage on the receivers especially, but one question puzzles me.  I've not even seen a single mention of Calloway.  Is he MIA, I hope not?

Anybody else notice this?  

7 minutes ago, sonny44 said:

I can't believe no one has started a thread on this.

I've been following it daily from the Browns website.  Lots of comprehensive coverage of the defense and offense, all of the new guys.  No doubt many of you have been also.

Much coverage on the receivers especially, but one question puzzles me.  I've not even seen a single mention of Calloway.  Is he MIA, I hope not?

Anybody else notice this?  

He’s the 4th WR, how much attention are you expecting?

From what I head on Cleveland Browns Daily he’s running with the 2’s and looks far and away the best in that group.  

No reason to worry.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s the 4th WR, how much attention are you expecting?

From what I head on Cleveland Browns Daily he’s running with the 2’s and looks far and away the best in that group.  

No reason to worry.

Good, but they have covered at least three others way below him.

7 minutes ago, sonny44 said:

Good, but they have covered at least three others way below him.

That’s a good thing for him tbh.

Keep his head down and just play ball.  He’s got the talent to be very, very good, now he just needs to work and keep out of trouble.

No news is good news with him imo.

24 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Still really early but all indications are that kickers have leaved much to be desired, especially the rook. We need that position to be reliable.  Those playoff games/run to the division can easily be decided by a kick. 

Joesph is a head hy a mile.

4 hours ago, bruceb said:

I am good with him unless he throws the football out of First Energy Field in frustration, and maybe even then. ;)

My high school coach literally did that.  Took the game ball from the ref and sent it over the field house.   But im good if Baker does it too

Edited by Powertower
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Joesph is a head hy a mile.

Yeah I think Dorsey spent a 5th rd pick to greatly improve the kicking game. It was a young and talented kid and it pushed Joseph. Right now it looks like it has greatly pushed Joseph because a lot of reports say he looks really good so far. Ppl will say if Joseph wins that the Browns wasted a 5th on a kicker but I think drafting that kicker pushed/motivated Joseph. 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah I think Dorsey spent a 5th rd pick to greatly improve the kicking game. It was a young and talented kid and it pushed Joseph. Right now it looks like it has greatly pushed Joseph because a lot of reports say he looks really good so far. Ppl will say if Joseph wins that the Browns wasted a 5th on a kicker but I think drafting that kicker pushed/motivated Joseph. 

There’s really nobody who stands out that was taken after him anyways