Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

brooks1957

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Because when it comes to being a pure WR, Higgins is better. Calloway is the better athlete but Higgins is the better WR. Maybe that changes in a season to two. Higgins has better hands, runs better routes, and has better chemistry. So he is the #3 WR. 

Callaway runs with the 2nd team cause the Browns are gonna utilize 11 personnel a lot. Also Callaway and OBJ are suppose to learn every WR position. I think for OBJ, to create as much match up issues. For Callaway, just a way to get him on the field when one of the other guys need a rest

How/when did this happen?  AC was way ahead of RH last year, or at least way more used.

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Because when it comes to being a pure WR, Higgins is better. Calloway is the better athlete but Higgins is the better WR. Maybe that changes in a season to two. Higgins has better hands, runs better routes, and has better chemistry. So he is the #3 WR. 

Callaway runs with the 2nd team cause the Browns are gonna utilize 11 personnel a lot. Also Callaway and OBJ are suppose to learn every WR position. I think for OBJ, to create as much match up issues. For Callaway, just a way to get him on the field when one of the other guys need a rest

Interesting. I thought Callaway looked to be the better receiver last year. I figured he'd get the nod on the outside given his speed/athleticism and the fact that OBJ/Landry are likely going to eat up all the touches in the slot.

4 minutes ago, sonny44 said:

How/when did this happen?  AC was way ahead of RH last year, or at least way more used.

Way more used that he saw action in every game last year. If Higgins is healthy all year and played all 16 games, he accumulates more stats and usage. Per game bases Higgins was a better WR than Calloway stat wise. Callaway has the raw ability you want from a #1 type guy. I think next year will be the year he takes the big jump. He will have been back for 2 full years

45 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Why not? Competition forces a player to improve or get worse. Wouldn’t you get the message that the team just drafted your replacement, so you better bust your butt to prove that you are the guy. Joseph could have just Conceded, and just waited to be cut because drafting a kicker in the 5th is like drafting another guy in like the 3rd. Seems like Joseph has improved  since the seasons 

These dudes are consummate professionals. They shouldn’t need some other guy to push them to be better. Especially a kicker, where guys are cut all the time. It’s not that surprising that a rookie from last year improved and I just don’t buy that if we hadn’t brought in competition that he would have stayed exactly the same. 

You may be right about some of these guys, but I don’t want the guy that wants to be the starter; I want the guy who wants to be the GOAT. If you need another player pushing you for your starting spot to get your butt in gear, I don’t want you on my team. 

Most people will agree with you, but I just never understood the notion that competition makes you better...especially when you’re a kicker.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

These dudes are consummate professionals. They shouldn’t need some other guy to push them to be better. Especially a kicker, where guys are cut all the time. It’s not that surprising that a rookie from last year improved and I just don’t buy that if we hadn’t brought in competition that he would have stayed exactly the same. 

You may be right about some of these guys, but I don’t want the guy that wants to be the starter; I want the guy who wants to be the GOAT. If you need another player pushing you for your starting spot to get your butt in gear, I don’t want you on my team. 

Most people will agree with you, but I just never understood the notion that competition makes you better...especially when you’re a kicker.

You don’t understand the notion that competition makes you better?

they might be professional athletes but they are humans like the rest of us. They need to find the motivation and competition and the fear of losing your spot, will motivate the hell out of someone. Just like they are professional athletes but they tend to play better on contract years, well because they work harder to perform better to get that next big pay day. Same idea, but instead of a contract it’s your starting position.

doesnt matter if it’s a kicker or not. It’s a threat to your spot and it makes a big impact mentality. That you have it back in your head that your livelihood is now at risk

Edited by buno67

10 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Chicago is still looking for a kicker...perhaps you can get them to fork over the 5th you used on Seibert? I like the guy, but it sounds like he isn't his consistent self yet. He may not have been spectacular, but he was very consistent.

I'd send him to Chicago for a 6th and a 6th no trouble. 

I think you'd do better grabbing a street fa

12 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Chicago is still looking for a kicker...perhaps you can get them to fork over the 5th you used on Seibert? I like the guy, but it sounds like he isn't his consistent self yet. He may not have been spectacular, but he was very consistent.

Remember last time they took one of our old kickers?

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s pretty irrelevant right now tbh. Both will play, both will play well imo.

Higgins is more polished, more mature and more experienced.  Let Calloway develop at his pace imo.

i think there just gonna tell callaway to go long and play the desean role

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Question, why is Callaway being relegated to the second team at TC and why is Higgins getting the nod over him?

Higgins is a baller. It’s nothing against Callaway, but it’s going to suck if we let Higgins go. He’s Bakers guy, especially on 3rd and long.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Higgins is a baller. It’s nothing against Callaway, but it’s going to suck if we let Higgins go. He’s Bakers guy, especially on 3rd and long.

Higgins is the better receiver in all facets except for speed.

better hands, better route running...

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Callaway is better after he catch imo.

Probably, but Higgins is a actual legit NFL WR and has the intricacies down much better. Callaway is the more raw talent/speed guy still. Either way I think Higgins with even a 'solid' year has priced himself out of Clevelands market considering how much they have tied up in Landry/OBJ. It almost affords Callaway another year of development as WR4 before he cheaply takes over Higgins vacated WR3 spot in 2020/2021.

Some team (like the Raiders) is going to offer Higgins 4/35 to be their WR2 after this year.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2