Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

brooks1957

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Based on what?

7 teams, cut 5 times, replaced last year iirc, and was offered a 1 year deal.

Well Kush has to be pretty good if he beat out the #33 pick from last year. That is pretty high to take an interior lineman so he must be good.

buno approves this message.

Stay positive.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Having to change positions twice because you couldn’t win the job doesn’t make you “versatile”.

And who’s to say he’s going to be a quality starter?  He’s getting beat out by a guy who (as I mentioned before) was signed on a one year deal and is playing for his 7th team after 5 previous cuts.  Should we just assume he’s a great center so we can feel all warm and fuzzy about the pick?

Thus far he looks like a bust.  And that’s ok, every GM has them.  Maybe he gets it together and proves to be a decent player.  Great.  Doesn’t make him a great pick at 33 overall if it takes him half his rookie contract to be serviceable.

Joel had some pretty good things to say about him.  Way too early to write him off.

Good Afternoon Good Brothers.....

I may have missed the discussion.....but I wanted to check with folks to see, now that Duke is gone...and Hunt is out till week 8. Who will be the 3rd RB? I like Dontrell Hillard out of the backfield, but the fumble he had on the 1...that got Earnest Byner traded LOL. I remember Hillard from College, I saw him play when I was looking at DE Ade Aruna and CB Perry Nickerson....both were players I really like, and I saw him play. He was a solid lil back, but nothing to write home about. Now we have the potential for the nightmare scenario, if Chub gets dinged up. Who do you feel should be RB 3?

I am standing on the table for Trayone Gray....I think this guy is the perfect RB/FB Combo....he has low miles...and I know they listed him at 6'1 233...he looks closer to his college playing weight 6'2 240....his numbers were off the CHART's, including running a 4.37 40YD.....I think we should keep him and Hillard....whoever is performing better in week 3 gets to keep the job, the other goes to the P.S. (assuming that we have a fully healthy backfield).

What are the other Brothers thoughts in here about position group battles....especially the RB position?

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well Kush has to be pretty good if he beat out the #33 pick from last year. That is pretty high to take an interior lineman so he must be good.

buno approves this message.

Stay positive.

I don’t think the Bears let Kush go if he didn’t have the injury issues. Started 4 games for the bears in ‘16 and signed a 2 yr team contract , Tears his hamstring in camp and misses the entire ‘17season. Comes back in ‘18. Starts the first 7 weeks and suffers a neck injury and doesn’t start the rest of the year. 

Dude was the starting guard for a playoff team before hurting his neck in week7/8. Corbs has def been a disappointment and maybe his home is at center but it’s not like Kush was this scrub. I’d be really concern if Kalis was the guy. That an established vet and a highly drafted guy got beat out by a JAG like Kalis

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Good Afternoon Good Brothers.....

I may have missed the discussion.....but I wanted to check with folks to see, now that Duke is gone...and Hunt is out till week 8. Who will be the 3rd RB? I like Dontrell Hillard out of the backfield, but the fumble he had on the 1...that got Earnest Byner traded LOL. I remember Hillard from College, I saw him play when I was looking at DE Ade Aruna and CB Perry Nickerson....both were players I really like, and I saw him play. He was a solid lil back, but nothing to write home about. Now we have the potential for the nightmare scenario, if Chub gets dinged up. Who do you feel should be RB 3?

I am standing on the table for Trayone Gray....I think this guy is the perfect RB/FB Combo....he has low miles...and I know they listed him at 6'1 233...he looks closer to his college playing weight 6'2 240....his numbers were off the CHART's, including running a 4.37 40YD.....I think we should keep him and Hillard....whoever is performing better in week 3 gets to keep the job, the other goes to the P.S. (assuming that we have a fully healthy backfield).

What are the other Brothers thoughts in here about position group battles....especially the RB position?

Hillard fits what the team wants to do. Browns down need a big back. Hillard fumble but it seemed like A sloppy exchange in the backfield and he never got a solid grip before getting hit

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I don’t think the Bears let Kush go if he didn’t have the injury issues. Started 4 games for the bears in ‘16 and signed a 2 yr team contract , Tears his hamstring in camp and misses the entire ‘17season. Comes back in ‘18. Starts the first 7 weeks and suffers a neck injury and doesn’t start the rest of the year. 

Dude was the starting guard for a playoff team before hurting his neck in week7/8.

buno gets it. I'm not sure this guy has ever given up a sack in the NFL, he is that good. Also Corbett hasn't either. Epic training camp battle between two giants in the game, someone had to lose.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pnies20 said:
39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not the bedfellow I’d aim for, but...

I agree, but pointing out that thus far he appears to be a bust isn’t exactly a hot take right now.

Or even debatable imo.

K

Corbett certainly hasn't been a bust, we'd have to see him on the field for him to be a bust. He has been a disappointment this year by not winning the guard job but he wasn't winning it last year or even in competition for it. Looks like a future center or career inside backup/fringe starter at this point. If he is a good center for 12 years it will be a good pick. Otherwise, assuming he doesn't become a pro-bowl guard, he was overdrafted.