Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

brooks1957

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Nick Chubbs explosion >>>>>>

He has slowly returned to the level he was as a freshmen at Georgia. I think the injuries hurt him mentally as much physically.

Dunno.

BB had his choice and took Sony.

We will see.

Hope you are right.

58 minutes ago, mistakey said:

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-announce-unofficial-depth-chart-vs-colts-8-13

yo boys lets talk

remember when ya'll laughed when i said jaelen strong was gonna be the next breshad perriman

cough

@candyman93 you know this means theyre gonna resign higgins

I might be too optimistic, but here’s how I feel about the situation:

1. I genuinely believe Baker is and will continue to be a guy who can make any WR serviceable. I don’t want complete trash at WR, but Baker will get you the rock if you’re open.

2. I think Higgins is a damn good WR. He’s a guy I badly want to keep. Him and Baker have the best connection and I want to do whatever it possibly takes to help Baker succeed.

3. Now this part is pure projection by me. I think the NFL is becoming heavy air raid. I don’t want to pretend I’m some statistics expert, but I think analytics combined with how college football is trending, I think the NFL has no choice. We’ve seen homeruns completely take over baseballs old school way of playing. I feel passing touchdowns is following the same trend. It sounds kinda “duh,” but I think analytics are favoring the more aggressive air raid styles. It’s not a big deal if you have to punt (strikeout in baseball), as long as you’re constantly attacking (hitting bombs in baseball).

Arizona is going to be a fascinating case study of this. 

As a result of this philosophical shift, I think wide receivers are becoming more and more valuable. So teams will be more willing to spend cash on a Rashard Higgins.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

Really took it to The colts today. Played so hard three scrums broke out. OL was moving folks. DL got the better of Nelson Costanzo et al. Baker looked good again.

Jim Donovan said they’re beginning to look “battle ready”... that’s exciting. Donovan doesn’t really blow smoke.

Props to Forbes for earning the starting gig today at RG. I like him a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I might be too optimistic, but here’s how I feel about the situation:

1. I genuinely believe Baker is and will continue to be a guy who can make any WR serviceable. I don’t want complete trash at WR, but Baker will get you the rock if you’re open.

2. I think Higgins is a damn good WR. He’s a guy I badly want to keep. Him and Baker have the best connection and I want to do whatever it possibly takes to help Baker succeed.

3. Now this part is pure projection by me. I think the NFL is becoming heavy air raid. I don’t want to pretend I’m some statistics expert, but I think analytics combined with how college football is trending, I think the NFL has no choice. We’ve seen homeruns completely take over baseballs old school way of playing. I feel passing touchdowns is following the same trend. It sounds kinda “duh,” but I think analytics are favoring the more aggressive air raid styles. It’s not a big deal if you have to punt (strikeout in baseball), as long as you’re constantly attacking (hitting bombs in baseball).

Arizona is going to be a fascinating case study of this. 

As a result of this philosophical shift, I think wide receivers are becoming more and more valuable. So teams will be more willing to spend cash on a Rashard Higgins.

This has been a long time coming.

M*A*S*H introduced us to the air raid, which led to the Chargers hiring Don Coryell two years later.  

8 hours ago, bruceb said:
8 hours ago, mistakey said:

remember when ya'll laughed when i said jaelen strong was gonna be the next breshad perriman

Can't be.

Doesn't have Perriman's speed.

I remember mistake saying that. 

I don’t think it was talked about Strong being the  next Perriman, in the way being used, but compared to the next Perriman, that a young-ish vet coming to the team and using Bakers ability to help jump start/restart their career. Perriman looked the best in his career last year with the browns. Strong has looked very good in camp and looked very good last week vs the skins. He has the 5th WR spot locked down

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I remember mistake saying that. 

I don’t think it was talked about Strong being the  next Perriman, in the way being used, but compared to the next Perriman, that a young-ish vet coming to the team and using Bakers ability to help jump start/restart their career. Perriman looked the best in his career last year with the browns. Strong has looked very good in camp and looked very good last week vs the skins. He has the 5th WR spot locked down

Yeah this is really gonna be any WR though.

It’s a position dependent on another position in order to succeed.

Baker is gonna do this to a lot of guys.