Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

brooks1957

I think we have to keep Higgins. I'm sure Baker is a guy that can work with any group of WRs but why risk it? You know he has a great rapport with Higgins and it won't matter when you go all-in and win a Super Bowl. Don't get cute and make his job harder than it has to be. Most of the team will look very different in a few years anyway. Shoot your shot with this squad as Baker develops. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

I think we have to keep Higgins. I'm sure Baker is a guy that can work with any group of WRs but why risk it? You know he has a great rapport with Higgins and it won't matter when you go all-in and win a Super Bowl. Don't get cute and make his job harder than it has to be. Most of the team will look very different in a few years anyway. Shoot your shot with this squad as Baker develops. 

You can’t pay 3 WRs. That’s too much. Especially when we have callaway. Just draft someone with a mid round pick next year. We have too many guys to pay the next 3 years. 

45 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

You can’t pay 3 WRs. That’s too much. Especially when we have callaway. Just draft someone with a mid round pick next year. We have too many guys to pay the next 3 years. 

In my version of the future of this team, Callaway is gone.

I could see us having to pick between Njoku and Higgins moving forward.

Edited by carl_sjunior
stupidity
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

In my version of the future of this team, Callaway is gone.

I could see us having to pick between Njoku and Higgins moving forward.

Callaway isn’t up for an extension. Higgins is. We shouldn’t play 3 guys. My point about callaway is that we have him for cheap. He should be replacing Higgins. 

55 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

After winning the super bowl we trade obj for two #1s and a #2, keep everybody else.  Draft a beast OL or two.  Our offense will still be unstoppable.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sonny44 said:

After winning the super bowl we trade obj for two #1s and a #2, keep everybody else.  Draft a beast OL or two.  Our offense will still be unstoppable.

If obj is awesome qe keep him, and if Higgins plays great we get a 3rd or 4th from him.

4 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

I think we have to keep Higgins. I'm sure Baker is a guy that can work with any group of WRs but why risk it?

If anybody would not be resigned eventually it’s gonna be Callaway over Higgins so you might as well pay Higgins now

keep all top 3 receivers 

then just continue to draft and develop TEs and OL

keep Baker with the players he needs to have actual chemistry with. All of those guys have skill sets that can last a long time. And then we just refills the deep threat role through the draft. 

I’m really skeptical that they are able to re-sign Higgins after this year. The unfortunate part is that if I had my choice, I am not sure I would keep Landry over him long-term. But there are obvious reasons that he is sticking around. I don’t think they commit $40M to another WR though. 

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The choice isnt Higgins vs not Higgins.

It’ll be Higgins vs Randall.  Higgins vs Schobert.  Higgins vs Njoku.  Higgins vs ....    You get the idea.

It's Higgins vs. Landry. One stays and one goes, this season will tell us who it is, or who we think it should be.