Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

brooks1957

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It's Higgins vs. Landry. One stays and one goes, this season will tell us who it is, or who we think it should be.

I don’t think we can underestimate the ObJ factor in this decision.

I also think the Hollywood > Landry take is exceedingly premature, and I think Landry is overrated by some.  He’s definitely a top tier #2 though.  Not sure Hollywood is, at least not yet.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think we can underestimate the ObJ factor in this decision.

I also think the Hollywood > Landry take is exceedingly premature, and I think Landry is overrated by some.  He’s definitely a top tier #2 though.  Not sure Hollywood is, at least not yet.

Best case scenario, we keep OBJ and Landry together, it's a feel good story. However, that can't be a factor when determining what is best for the team so unless it is a coin flip decision it shouldn't matter.

I'm not sure I've seen anyone claim Higgins > Landry. If Higgins proves to be as good as Landry this season, being younger and cheaper, that option will have to be debated.

19 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Best case scenario, we keep OBJ and Landry together, it's a feel good story. However, that can't be a factor when determining what is best for the team so unless it is a coin flip decision it shouldn't matter.

Agreed.

19 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm not sure I've seen anyone claim Higgins > Landry. If Higgins proves to be as good as Landry this season, being younger and cheaper, that option will have to be debated.

I guess, but even then, it’s one year of production vs 6 (assuming Landry also plays well). 

There’s also the cap flexibility that Landry has being a couple years into his deal.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The choice isnt Higgins vs not Higgins.

It’ll be Higgins vs Randall.  Higgins vs Schobert.  Higgins vs Njoku.  Higgins vs ....    You get the idea.

I doubt we sign all 3 WRs to long term money but, if the price is right, my choice is Higgins.

Call me crazy but over Njoku? Yes. Over Schobert? Yes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Ok.

You are crazy over Njoku.

No matter about Schobert...he will be gone.

I hope both make a leap this year, but Njoku can't catch and makes a lot of dumb mistakes. I like him, he's a matchup nightmare when he's on but he's also chock full of bad moments. 

Higgins has been quietly consistent since he got drafted. 

6 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

Njoku can't catch and makes a lot of dumb mistakes. I like him, he's a matchup nightmare when he's on but he's also chock full of bad moments. 

Higgins has been quietly consistent since he got drafted. 

I think you are talking about the Yr-1 Njoku more than the Yr-2, which had a lot to do with poor QB play in Yr-1.

He was better last year and will be better yet this year with Mayfield, imho.

Njoku can give us > 10 TDs.

Don't think Higgins can although with his connection with Mayfield you never know.

Njoku is a red zone threat.

Not sure one can say the same of Higgins.

Higgins vs. Njoku isn’t a thing. We won’t have to reup Njoku for a couple years. He’s also got a 5th year option.

Some if not all of the following could be gone: Higgins, Kirksey, Tretter, Schobert, one of the tackles, Randall??? We can’t afford to give Randall top 5 money can we? Dorsey will have to work some  more magic to keep a few of these guys. If I had to guess it’ll be Tretter (cheapest) and Schobert or Randall and Higgins. I don’t think Higgins would break the bank.

its gonna be fun having the conversation about drafting a tackle in the 1st round as always 😂

Edited by pnies20

11 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Higgins vs. Njoku isn’t a thing. We won’t have to reup Njoku for a couple years. He’s also got a 5th year option.

Some if not all of the following could be gone: Higgins, Kirksey, Tretter, Schobert, one of the tackles, Randall??? We can’t afford to give Randall top 5 money can we? Dorsey will have to work some  more magic to keep a few of these guys. If I had to guess it’ll be Tretter (cheapest) and Schobert or Randall and Higgins. I don’t think Higgins would break the bank.

its gonna be fun having the conversation about drafting a tackle in the 1st round as always 😂

Well, we're over $40 million over the cap this year if you don't include our carry over money. We also have the 3rd most under the cap so there will still be carry over money next year. Before any carry over we currently have 23.5 in space next year.

Eventually we'll have to spend less than we currently are so that isn't exciting news. We probably have a 3 year window until it starts getting tight though so lets enjoy the run while it lasts. I can't worry about the cap with the season about to start but I know there will be tough decisions in the future and our core players only total 5 or 6 guys so everyone else could possibly be elsewhere in a couple years.

Dorsey isn't a magician with the cap so we'll see how it goes but he gave us Baker Mayfield so we should be contenders until all of these Browns sub-forum babies are in high school so I'm happy. I decided to use the forum babies reference instead of where bruce would be in 15 years because it's just a happier ending. Just kidding bruce, I'm sure you'll still be here with us enjoying the ride. I SAID JUST KIDDING BRUCE I'M SURE YOU'LL STILL BE HERE WITH US ENJOYING THE RIDE. ENJOYING THE RIDE. ENJOYING THE RIDE! I SAID ENJOY THE RIDE.

Bruce says he likes my tie too...

I shouldn't be allowed to post after I drink.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Higgins is better than Landry.

He was last year, and the gap is widening already this year.

Higgins is a better route runner, gets better separation, catches better, is more efficient, and has a better connection with Baker.

Landry blocks better and throws a better deep ball. So he has that going for him, which is nice.

5 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Higgins is better than Landry.

He was last year, and the gap is widening already this year.

Higgins is a better route runner, gets better separation, catches better, is more efficient, and has a better connection with Baker.

Landry blocks better and throws a better deep ball. So he has that going for him, which is nice.

Landry has better hands imo 

But I agree I prefer Higgins, the biggest issue that will separate them is health, if higgins stays healthy for 15-16 games I'd keep him. 

Landry is a Ford explorer that has done 150k miles, his receptions have been brutal, and he has had so many of them. 

At this point Landry is like your wife or girlfriend’s grenade of a friend. We’re going to be at the point that we’re better off and happier without him or his contract but we don’t have a choice. Because we need O’dell and contentment and all that.