Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

brooks1957

13 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Lewis Ward kicks for the Ottawa RedBlacks. They play OUTDOORS at TD Place at Landsdowne Park in Ottawa. Of the nine teams in the CFL - the only one playing in a domed facility is the British Columbia Lions. BC Place is in Vancouver. They probably have the most mild climate (temperature) in the CFL due to the Pacific, but it is one of the rainiest places on the continent.

East

Toronto Argonauts - BMO Field - OUTDOORS - (on the site of old Exhibition Stadium).

Montreal Alouettes - Percival Stadium - OUTDOORS

Hamilton Tiger-Cats - Tim Horton's Field - OUTDOORS

Ottawa RedBlacks - TD Place - OUTDOORS

West

Saskatchewan Rough Riders - Mosaic Field - OUTDOORS - (new stadium has better coverings for the fans - but the playing surface is subject to the elements)

Calgary Stampeders - McMahon Stadium - OUTDOORS

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - Investors Group Field - OUTDOORS

Edmonton Eskimos - Commonwealth Stadium - OUTDOORS

British Columbia Lions - BC Place - INDOORS

Eight of the nine playing surfaces in the CFL are Field Turf exclusively. BMO Filed in Toronto is a Field Turf/natural grass hybrid mix.

So would I be in favor of bringing in Lewis Ward for a tryout? HELL. YES!

Dude, I gave you a football just for the time it took to research and type this... Respect. I'd hang myself if I spent that much time on Canadian football stadiums.

• Like 2

it be pretty great to get a kicker who is that automatic. It would be such a security blanket knowing that once Baker got the ball inside the 35 yard line its going to be at least an automatic 3 points.

I think after doing some quick research on CFL and their contracts. That if you signed a contract after Aug 2018 you have a window in your last year of your contract that you can workout/tryout for an NFL team in a 6week window and set up a deal with a team and would go in affect once the CFL season is done.

Lewis Ward signed with  Ottawa Jan 2018, so he had no NFL out in his contract. 

So the minute his contract is up, I believe it was a 2 year deal, he will prolly be brought over into the NFL.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Dude, I gave you a football just for the time it took to research and type this... Respect. I'd hang myself if I spent that much time on Canadian football stadiums.

Thank you - but that comes from years of being a football nerd/junkie. I start twitching about 2 weeks after the Super Bowl, jonesing for more football. The CFL season starts in June. What is weird to us is the Grey Cup is played in late November when it is in the 30s and 40s here in NE Ohio - and if you watch the game, it usually is in the teens to single digits with appropriate wind chills outdoors in Canada. You get cold just watching it from the comfort of your living room.

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1