Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

brooks1957

41 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just pray to God we never have to kick a 45+ yard field goal and we are fine.

26 minutes ago, sonny44 said:

He misses EPs!

Just go for it on 4th down or punt if you’re backed up.

I have zero confidence in these two and all the confidence in Baker and this offense.  Let’s go pedal to the metal and see who can keep up,

• Like 1

Joseph kicked 85% last year in FG’s and about the same for XP’s. Was perfect for FG’s under 39 yards. I don’t understand how he hasn’t improved. I wonder if drafting Seibert is affecting him psychologically. As stated earlier in the thread, our regular season kicker is not on the roster yet. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Some names:

Matt Bryant

Kai Forbath

Mike Nugent

Forbath and Nugent make the most sense.

I would go after Nugent. He looked good last year going 2-2 40-49 and 1-1 50+. Just sucks, a hip injury ruined his season last year. I just wonder if they are allowing the kickers to battle it out and if nothing good happens and its roster cut downs, they just cut both and go after a vet. Kinda wish Hue didnt ruined Zane cause he is actually looking fine for the cards.

2 hours ago, CleBrowns07 said:

Joseph kicked 85% last year in FG’s and about the same for XP’s. Was perfect for FG’s under 39 yards. I don’t understand how he hasn’t improved. I wonder if drafting Seibert is affecting him psychologically. As stated earlier in the thread, our regular season kicker is not on the roster yet. 

i mean like those are actually pretty good numbers esp for a rookie he just looked so much worse

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

i think thats fair.  i bet a lot of his misses were in crucial moments.

I agree.

He was clutch against Baltimore, but that’s it. We will need to win game(s) like this. Where everything goes wrong, but you make a kick when you need to.

Edited by candyman93

7 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Yeah a lot of the successful ones were really scary. 

Perfect example is the Baltimore game. His game winner was a shank.

Just my opinion, but I think it’s stupid to attempt 50+ yard field goals unless it’s in a do or die situation.

• Like 1

I would take the next two preseason games to try to get into field goal range and just roll the kickers out there.  1st down, 2nd down, whatever.  Figure it out.  Let's go win 18-14, whatever.  Figure it out.  If they go a combined 8-14 just cut them both and roll Hammer out there. 

• Like 2