Jump to content
brooks1957

Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I may have gotten carried away, but there’s never “only Bud Light”.  

Not anywhere a grown man should be spending his time. 

I mean we are not talking about Busch or Natty Light here ( although I am aware that they are made by the same brewery) 

 

I would prefer the 9% beers from Founders, Southern Tier, Wild Ohio Brewing etc....

but in a pinch...Bud Light would be what I would drink when I dumb it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I mean we are not talking about Busch or Natty Light here ( although I am aware that they are made by the same brewery) 

It’s all the same garbage.

8 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I would prefer the 9% beers from Founders

😍 

8 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

but in a pinch...Bud Light would be what I would drink when I dumb it down.

What type of pinch?  Where are you people at where there’s no better option?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Busch was $7.87 a CASE when I was in college.  Needless to say, I headed for the mountains many, many times.

Edited by ReggieCamp
Yes, that was the exact amount. Some numbers are important in your life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s all the same garbage.

😍 

What type of pinch?  Where are you people at where there’s no better option?

 

You can only drink so many 9% beers before you need to slow down and go with the watered down stuff.  Bud Light isn't a horrible option if you are looking to continue to drink, without doing too much more damage to yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

You can only drink so many 9% beers before you need to slow down and go with the watered down stuff.  Bud Light isn't a horrible option if you are looking to continue to drink, without doing too much more damage to yourself.

Take the training wheels off. ;) 

I don’t drink like that any longer.  Anything more than 3-5 beers (good beers obviously) and the next day ain’t worth it most of the time.

But there are way better options that are low ABV.  Fruit beers, goses, session ipa’s, most milk stouts, hefeweizens, saisons, etc all commonly have 4-6% abv and much better flavor than macro pilsners.

For whatever reason people just stick to the same boring, awful sht.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Take the training wheels off. ;) 

I don’t drink like that any longer.  Anything more than 3-5 beers (good beers obviously) and the next day ain’t worth it most of the time.

But there are way better options that are low ABV.  Fruit beers, goses, session ipa’s, most milk stouts, hefeweizens, saisons, etc all commonly have 4-6% abv and much better flavor than macro pilsners.

For whatever reason people just stick to the same boring, awful sht.  

Well if you don't like it there is no way anyone else can like it.

I have drank a lot of beer in my life, certainly less than some of y'all but mostly I just drank to get drunk not to experience a milk stout flavor or have some berry beer.

I personally don't like any beer and I no longer drink it. I'll stick to the hard stuff. Also, never had a hangover in my life so I'm lucky that I don't love beer (also lucky that I was no longer able to stomach it for awhile while I was drinking too often for some reason and switched to vodka/whiskey).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well if you don't like it there is no way anyone else can like it.

I have drank a lot of beer in my life, certainly less than some of y'all but mostly I just drank to get drunk not to experience a milk stout flavor or have some berry beer.

 

People can like whatever they want, it doesn’t make it a quality product.  People like McDonlads a lot too, doesn’t mean they make good food.

If you don’t want a milk stout of fruit beer that’s cool.  If you like lighter beers that’s fine, there are plenty of better options.  If you don’t want to taste malt, hops, etc., you’re drinking the wrong beverage in general, grab a vodka and call it a day.

Someone saying Bud Light is good is all well and fine, but I view that on the same level and someone telling me the Speedway sells the best burger in town. At that point it’s no longer about the product, but rather their ability to discern something decent from a flaming pile of dog poop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pnies20 said:

Speaking of bud light... 

WHOS BUYING A BROWNS FRIDGE???

Frat boys, people married to their cousins, dudes who wear Affliction tee shirts....

Just off the top of my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Frat boys, people married to their cousins, dudes who wear Affliction tee shirts....

Just off the top of my head.

😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

People can like whatever they want, it doesn’t make it a quality product.  People like McDonlads a lot too, doesn’t mean they make good food.

If you don’t want a milk stout of fruit beer that’s cool.  If you like lighter beers that’s fine, there are plenty of better options.  If you don’t want to taste malt, hops, etc., you’re drinking the wrong beverage in general, grab a vodka and call it a day.

Someone saying Bud Light is good is all well and fine, but I view that on the same level and someone telling me the Speedway sells the best burger in town. At that point it’s no longer about the product, but rather their ability to discern something decent from a flaming pile of dog poop.

I'm okay with beer snobs or any kind of snobs but once it gets to pompous it just becomes quite annoying. You drive a Dodge? How cute. You're house is only 24,000 square feet? Well it's quaint. You spend $15 on a case of piss water? I spend twice that and it tastes twice as bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm okay with beer snobs or any kind of snobs but once it gets to pompous it just becomes quite annoying. You drive a Dodge? How cute. You're house is only 24,000 square feet? Well it's quaint. You spend $15 on a case of piss water? I spend twice that and it tastes twice as bad.

It’s not really cost or income limiting people’s choices tbh, beer ain’t that expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s not really cost or income limiting people’s choices tbh, beer ain’t that expensive.

If you are drinking natty I'm pretty sure the expense is important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×