Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

brooks1957

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I may have gotten carried away, but there’s never “only Bud Light”.  

Not anywhere a grown man should be spending his time. 

I mean we are not talking about Busch or Natty Light here ( although I am aware that they are made by the same brewery) 

I would prefer the 9% beers from Founders, Southern Tier, Wild Ohio Brewing etc....

but in a pinch...Bud Light would be what I would drink when I dumb it down.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I mean we are not talking about Busch or Natty Light here ( although I am aware that they are made by the same brewery) 

It’s all the same garbage.

I would prefer the 9% beers from Founders

😍 

but in a pinch...Bud Light would be what I would drink when I dumb it down.

What type of pinch?  Where are you people at where there’s no better option?

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s all the same garbage.

😍 

What type of pinch?  Where are you people at where there’s no better option?

You can only drink so many 9% beers before you need to slow down and go with the watered down stuff.  Bud Light isn't a horrible option if you are looking to continue to drink, without doing too much more damage to yourself.

10 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

You can only drink so many 9% beers before you need to slow down and go with the watered down stuff.  Bud Light isn't a horrible option if you are looking to continue to drink, without doing too much more damage to yourself.

Take the training wheels off. ;) 

I don’t drink like that any longer.  Anything more than 3-5 beers (good beers obviously) and the next day ain’t worth it most of the time.

But there are way better options that are low ABV.  Fruit beers, goses, session ipa’s, most milk stouts, hefeweizens, saisons, etc all commonly have 4-6% abv and much better flavor than macro pilsners.

For whatever reason people just stick to the same boring, awful sht.  

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Take the training wheels off. ;) 

I don’t drink like that any longer.  Anything more than 3-5 beers (good beers obviously) and the next day ain’t worth it most of the time.

But there are way better options that are low ABV.  Fruit beers, goses, session ipa’s, most milk stouts, hefeweizens, saisons, etc all commonly have 4-6% abv and much better flavor than macro pilsners.

For whatever reason people just stick to the same boring, awful sht.  

Well if you don't like it there is no way anyone else can like it.

I have drank a lot of beer in my life, certainly less than some of y'all but mostly I just drank to get drunk not to experience a milk stout flavor or have some berry beer.

I personally don't like any beer and I no longer drink it. I'll stick to the hard stuff. Also, never had a hangover in my life so I'm lucky that I don't love beer (also lucky that I was no longer able to stomach it for awhile while I was drinking too often for some reason and switched to vodka/whiskey).

56 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well if you don't like it there is no way anyone else can like it.

I have drank a lot of beer in my life, certainly less than some of y'all but mostly I just drank to get drunk not to experience a milk stout flavor or have some berry beer.

People can like whatever they want, it doesn’t make it a quality product.  People like McDonlads a lot too, doesn’t mean they make good food.

If you don’t want a milk stout of fruit beer that’s cool.  If you like lighter beers that’s fine, there are plenty of better options.  If you don’t want to taste malt, hops, etc., you’re drinking the wrong beverage in general, grab a vodka and call it a day.

Someone saying Bud Light is good is all well and fine, but I view that on the same level and someone telling me the Speedway sells the best burger in town. At that point it’s no longer about the product, but rather their ability to discern something decent from a flaming pile of dog poop.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

People can like whatever they want, it doesn’t make it a quality product.  People like McDonlads a lot too, doesn’t mean they make good food.

If you don’t want a milk stout of fruit beer that’s cool.  If you like lighter beers that’s fine, there are plenty of better options.  If you don’t want to taste malt, hops, etc., you’re drinking the wrong beverage in general, grab a vodka and call it a day.

Someone saying Bud Light is good is all well and fine, but I view that on the same level and someone telling me the Speedway sells the best burger in town. At that point it’s no longer about the product, but rather their ability to discern something decent from a flaming pile of dog poop.

I'm okay with beer snobs or any kind of snobs but once it gets to pompous it just becomes quite annoying. You drive a Dodge? How cute. You're house is only 24,000 square feet? Well it's quaint. You spend $15 on a case of piss water? I spend twice that and it tastes twice as bad.

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm okay with beer snobs or any kind of snobs but once it gets to pompous it just becomes quite annoying. You drive a Dodge? How cute. You're house is only 24,000 square feet? Well it's quaint. You spend $15 on a case of piss water? I spend twice that and it tastes twice as bad.

It’s not really cost or income limiting people’s choices tbh, beer ain’t that expensive.