Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

brooks1957

https://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland/post/_/id/6682/browns-camp-day-2-dont-count-out-greedy-williams-as-a-starter-just-because-he-opened-camp-on-the-second-team

2. Kicking update: The place-kickers were put through a short competition early in practice without the full kicking teams lining up.

With regular holder Britton Colquitt, Greg Joseph made both tries from approximately 38 and 45 yards. Rookie Austin Seibert was wide right on his first try and made the second.

With holder-in-training Jamie Gillan spotting the ball, Joseph was perfect from 48 and 51 yards. Seibert also made both, but his first kick glanced off the left post and sneaked through.

Seibert seemed to suffer some misses in minicamp due to the fact he was paired exclusively with Gillan, aka, the Scottish Hammer, who was learning to hold for the first time. After the summer break, Gillan appears more dependable and comfortable spinning the laces away from the kicker’s foot.

“He is better at it now than in minicamp,” Kitchens said. “I’m sure that’s one thing he wanted to work on because it was definitely a problem in the spring.”

Gillan’s longshot hope of unseating Colquitt depends not only on outkicking him – he bombed punts with his left foot on Day 1 – but also in proving he can be a reliable holder.

i think it might be joseph + gillan who make it 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i think it might be joseph + gillan who make it 

I'm sticking with the veterans winning both jobs until there is some indication that they have been surpassed by a rookie which as of now there doesn't seem to be.

Edited by Thomas5737