Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

brooks1957

59 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Wel yea cause he can mute or block people or not check what they are saying. Prolly the last place he wants to be heckled at is freaking practice. At least at games you can write it off as an opposing fan but you know at practice it’s a browns fan doing it

He needs to toughen up then. I hope he gets heckled every day in practice until he gets mentally tougher. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If you can block and tackle really well, then you will win  some football games.

If we hit again on some udfa or lower round picks we will be stacked. Wont need to hold onto either schobert or randall.

I feel pretty strongly that Dorsey's letting Schobert walk. We've at least heard rumors of contract talks for Randall. Not a peep on Schobert. Plus, FO seems pretty high on Takitaki, and he's working almost exclusively in the middle.

Don't get me wrong, I like Schobert. He's smart, a leader, good character, great in coverage. Missed tackles hurt obviously, but I think our FO doesn't value the position enough to allocate big money to it, especially in today's passing league.

I think Dorsey wants to re-up Randall, but at the right years and money. I don't see him getting the kind of contracts that safeties have been getting lately. Notice, Dorsey said they are talking about an extension but it will be a slower process. I bet he's slow playing it to see how Redwine plays. If Redwine looks capable early, I doubt Dorsey breaks the bank for Randall.

Amazing what great scouting can do for a team.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fatgerman said:

I feel pretty strongly that Dorsey's letting Schobert walk. We've at least heard rumors of contract talks for Randall. Not a peep on Schobert. Plus, FO seems pretty high on Takitaki, and he's working almost exclusively in the middle.

Don't get me wrong, I like Schobert. He's smart, a leader, good character, great in coverage. Missed tackles hurt obviously, but I think our FO doesn't value the position enough to allocate big money to it, especially in today's passing league.

I think Dorsey wants to re-up Randall, but at the right years and money. I don't see him getting the kind of contracts that safeties have been getting lately. Notice, Dorsey said they are talking about an extension but it will be a slower process. I bet he's slow playing it to see how Redwine plays. If Redwine looks capable early, I doubt Dorsey breaks the bank for Randall.

Amazing what great scouting can do for a team.

Totally agree, it is one thing to pay a top 5 player top 5 money, it is another thing to pay a above average player the same, happens a bunch  in the nfl. Too often we have been yoked to above average players and nothing behind them, giving them a lot of leverage. I see randall walking though, I think it would be easier to extend schobert early for top 10 money.

If both greedy and ward look legit, we only have to pay one of them and let the other walk and keep drafting new guys. The same for takitaki and mack. If we keep drafting well, then we should be ablee to keep our true top players together, Baker, obj, garrett, ogunjobi. It is unreal as a browns fan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Totally agree, it is one thing to pay a top 5 player top 5 money, it is another thing to pay a above average player the same, happens a bunch  in the nfl. Too often we have been yoked to above average players and nothing behind them, giving them a lot of leverage. I see randall walking though, I think it would be easier to extend schobert early for top 10 money.

If both greedy and ward look legit, we only have to pay one of them and let the other walk and keep drafting new guys. The same for takitaki and mack. If we keep drafting well, then we should be ablee to keep our true top players together, Baker, obj, garrett, ogunjobi. It is unreal as a browns fan.

You said it. I love this FO. If Jimmy Haslem goes Jerry Jones and drives away the golden goose, Dorsey, I will personally go taxi driver on that Tenntucky jackwagon! 

BTW, I see potential with UDFA Willie Wright at center. Probably a practice squad candidate this year, but I could see him become a player down the line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nugpimpen said:

Buno how you suddenly gonna act like fans arent allowed to heckle? It wasnt even something vulgar or offensive. The fan told him to hustle lol

Dude needs thicker skin

Do we even know if Thomas we being serious with the fan?  Or was is a “Hustle up Chad lol” followed by a chuckle and a middle finger?

Either way, if a fan wants to insert himself into it I have no problem with Thomas flipping him off tbh. Not sure why fans feel they can speak to athletes any way they choose, but I’m glad to see one of them got the response they deserve.

I’m pretty sure both parties will be ok.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

Buno how you suddenly gonna act like fans arent allowed to heckle? It wasnt even something vulgar or offensive. The fan told him to hustle lol

Dude needs thicker skin

You can heckle at a game all you want. You pay for that right. My issue  is the heckling at a practice. Also you really shouldn’t heckle your own players.