The Scouting D-League - Dev League Startup, FA Budgets and Off Season Free Agency - Looking for teams to kick off 2020 Season

Dome

I'm looking for active owners for a new long term fantasy league (Devy/Keeper) startup.

The purpose of this league is to (a) encourage team owners to maintain familiarity with many players in the NFL/NCAA player pool and (b) to promote owner activity and roster movement throughout the entire calendar year.

This league’s rules and restrictions such as custom scoring, high and medium talent pool ineligibility, a large number of Keepers, “Best Ball” scoring, free agency budget (with fines/bonuses) offseason free agency, the “High Score” playoffs, compensatory draft picks and two offseason drafts have been put in place to ensure balance and longevity as well as attempt to mimic the year-round turnover of low end NFL talent while rewarding the teams who are acquiring quality talent before they’re a known NFL commodity.

Rules and policies subject to change until the team owners are finalized and startup draft begins, check back for updates.

Details below!

The Scouting D-League League Overview (A WIP)

Shown Interest

@theuntouchable

@Bigbear72

@sammymvpknight

@Oregon Ducks

@FinneasGage

@rackcs

Edited by Dome

Bump, added some more clarification on how the league would operate.

Trying to get this underway to kick off the 2020 season over a year away, giving us lots of time to work out any kinks before we start drafting.

I’ll start promoting this on other websites in the following weeks, but would prefer to run it with FF members.

14 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

A little worried that this won’t kick off until 2020. Don’t know if people will stay engaged.

I agree, but it's intended to be a long term league. It probably wouldn't have worked out long term anyways if people are becoming disinterested that quickly. I'm willing to hold out for people who like the idea and are committed.

If we got 10 people in here soon enough we could begin the 30-round draft at least to get things rolling, but I have no interest in doing an online draft on the league website. IMO a bad CPU drafted team is the easiest way to get someone disinterested in the league, so I definitely want to have a live draft where everyone gets to hand select each player. That limits us to a 2020 start, though we'd have next offseason to do Free Agency and both drafts, so it's only until about January that we'd be just drafting.

Once the draft was underway trying to see which players were going to ruin their eligibility for next year and incorporating that into a draft strategy could be a good Year 1 for this league though. 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

A little worried that this won’t kick off until 2020. Don’t know if people will stay engaged.

I’ll stick around.  But I’d expect the commish to send a reminder. I also wouldn’t mind this league being a “meeting of the minds” league more than a competition, though I’m sure there will always be some of that. 

The challenge with this forum is that many people on this forum are a part of MANY leagues and nobody wants to tip their hand. It would be nice to have a dynasty forum that has a more open conversation. The only way to allow that is to have a unique league that isn’t as competitive. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I also wouldn’t mind this league being a “meeting of the minds” league more than a competition, though I’m sure there will always be some of that. 

This is my intention as well... see the new statement in the OP.

• Like 1

This will get off the ground at some point, whether through FF or DIscord with members of other sites. Might as well post everything as I'm finishing it, just so people get a taste of what they'd in for. It'll keep the thread bumped to the top too.

2019 Ineligible Players
Ineligible for 2019: Players listed below. (AP Honors 6-year ban, AP All Pro 1st/2nd Team 3-year ban, Pro Bowl 1-year ban)

Offense
QB RB WR TE K/P
Aaron Rodgers Alvin Kamara Adam Thielen Austin Hooper Aldrick Rosas
Andrew Luck Anthony Sherman Amari Cooper Eric Ebron Brett Kern
Cam Newton Christian McCaffrey Andre Roberts George Kittle Greg Zuerlein
Carson Wentz Cordarrelle Patterson Antonio Brown Greg Olsen Jason Myers
Dak Prescott David Johnson Davante Adams Jared Cook Johnny Hecker
Deshaun Watson Eddie Lacy Deandre Hopkins Rob Gronkowski Justin Tucker
Drew Brees Ezekiel Elliot Jarvis Landry Travis Kelce Marquette King
Jared Goff James Conner JuJu Smith-Schuster Zach Ertz Michael Dickson
Matt Ryan Kyle Juszczyk Julio Jones    
Mitch Trubisky Lamar Miller Keenan Allen    
Pat Mahomes Leveon Bell Matthew Slater    
Philip Rivers Melvin Gordon Michael Thomas    
Russell Wilson Phillip Lindsay Mike Evans    
Tom Brady Saquon Barkley Mike Evans    
  Tarik Cohen Odell Beckham Jr.    
  Todd Gurley Pharoah Cooper    
    Tyler Lockett    
    Tyreek Hill    

Defense
Edge Interior D-Line LB CB S
Brandon Graham Aaron Donald Alec Ogletree AJ Bouye Adrian Phillips
Calais Campbell Akiem Hicks Anthony Barr Aquib Talib Budda Baker
Cameron Jordan Brandon Williams Benardrick McKinney Byron Jones Devin McCourtey
Cameron Wake Cameron Heyward Bobby Wagner Casey Hayward Dewin James
Danielle Hunter Chris Jones Chandler Jones Chris Harris Jr Earl Thomas
Dee Ford Damon Harrison CJ Mosley Darius Slay Eddie Jackson
Demarcus Lawrence DeForest Buckner Cory Littleton Denzel Ward Eric Berry
Everson Griffen Fletcher Cox Darius Leonard Desmond King Eric Weddle
JJ Watt Geno Atkins Dont'a Hightower Jalen Ramsey Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Joey Bosa Gerald McCoy Jadeveon Clowney Jamal Agnew Harrison Smith
Khalil Mack Jurrell Casey Lavonte David Janoris Jenkins Jamal Adams
Melvin Ingram Kawann Short Leighton Vander Esch Kyle Fuller Kevin Byard
Myles Garrett Kyle Williams Lorenzo Alexander Malcolm Butler Landon Collins
Olivier Vernon Ndamukong Suh Luke Kuechly Marcus Peters Malcolm Jenkins
Ryan Kerrigan Sheldon Richardson Sean Lee Patrick Peterson Micah Hyde
T.J. Watt   Telvin Smith Stephon Gilmore Nate Ebner
Vic Beasley   Von Miller Xavien Howard  
    Whitney Mercilus Xavier Rhodes  
    Zach Brown    
Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

I think I’m gonna bump all-pro selections to a 4 year ban and pro-bowl to a 2 year ban.

Hoping to have 125-150 players ineligible each season.  A handful more would be added with this adjustment.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1