That Time When Forge & Y2 Started a Podcast

y2lamanaki

54 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I'll give it a listen when I have some time. You guys need to have a Random Thread in it. The Random Thread Minute. The Random Thread Minute In It.

We have already discussed having you on to talk poutine. Does that count?

• Like 2

This was a fun listen. Sure sounds like you two have done this before. Every single day, I speak so few words. I would almost certainly lose my voice if I tried pushing sounds through for more than 5 minutes. ( not that Forge's rambling could allow that ) Both of your opinions are always inane and invalid, but it's still enjoyable to listen to football opinions while I'm doing things of real value. 

Appreciate ya.  It's been some long months, but finally, it's starting to feel like time for football. 

double-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

This is an awesome idea. If you ever need a guest down the line, I'm always down. I'm not as long-tenured as many people here, but I love 49ers football lol. 

We'll add you into the queue! Long-tenured or not, we just want to talk 49ers with members of our community, so we will definitely bring you on board. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I would almost certainly lose my voice if I tried pushing sounds through for more than 5 minutes. ( not that Forge's rambling could allow that )

This sounds like volunteering for a 5-minute segment to me :D

Seriously, maybe we can do a quick Adarius Bowman retrospective. You and I can talk about what we saw and Forge can reveal where we went so terribly wrong. 

(Thanks for listening!)

• Like 2

I didn't expect Forge to sound the way he did, for some reason I had like a less douchey sounding Dan Patrick in my head...I picture Rudy with a Quebec accent...Oldman I have Foghorn Leghorn in my head.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, John232 said:

I didn't expect Forge to sound the way he did, for some reason I had like a less douchey sounding Dan Patrick in my head...I picture Rudy with a Quebec accent...Oldman I have Foghorn Leghorn in my head.  

lol, I have no idea how to take this. I think the translation I have is, 

"Forge posts and writes like he's a thoughtful, intelligent professional with well crafted prose and easily accessible viewpoints"

"Forge talks like an uneducated, uncouth miscreant with a mouth full of marbles who never shuts up"

Side note - Dan Patrick has nothing on my level of douchiness. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Forge said:

lol, I have no idea how to take this. I think the translation I have is, 

"Forge posts and writes like he's a thoughtful, intelligent professional with well crafted prose and easily accessible viewpoints"

"Forge talks like an uneducated, uncouth miscreant with a mouth full of marbles who never shuts up"

Side note - Dan Patrick has nothing on my level of douchiness. 

I kind of had the same impression though lol. You really sound like a prototypical American to me :P

Y2 sounds like he was born to host talkshows or podcasts. 

Anyway, great job guys, the only second podcast I've ever listened to the entire length, I can only agree with @oldman9er, it really feels like time for football.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

I really appreciate the kind words here. This is so nice to hear, especially since I am a really harsh critic of myself. 

12 hours ago, John232 said:

OMGzzzzz 

Truthfully, I have not LOL'd so hard in the last few months from internetz. I was earlier trying hard to conjure a comparison for our boy Forge's voice. 

I am still thinking it over. FL is an intriguing one. Doesn't feel quite right, but I do get your particular antennae to even try. 

Your post elicited me into digging for that voice comp I was thinking of.. but couldn't fully conjure. 

THIS.. is the comp I was trying to think of:  ( drum roll please.. and yes, I'm drunk right now, LOVE U FORGE brother !!!! )  

https://youtu.be/vcd9jb-_nuQ?t=6

( formatted this way, because it may and likely has to involve some eventual NSFW or SFFF language.. so quit listening after initial exp, if sensitive to )

:p 

6 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

I kind of had the same impression though lol. You really sound like a prototypical American to me :P

Anyway, great job guys, the only second podcast I've ever listened to the entire length, I can only agree with @oldman9er, it really feels like time for football.

Let's have our own non-American American Football podcast. It will praise football, while at the same time criticizing everything americans do, including how they dare call it football while it's mostly played with hands, and soccer should be called football! Or Foot-fake-injuries-ball.

I already like the title. The Non-American American Football Podcast: Niners Edition.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:

OMGzzzzz 

Truthfully, I have not LOL'd so hard in the last few months from internetz. I was earlier trying hard to conjure a comparison for our boy Forge's voice. 

I am still thinking it over. FL is an intriguing one. Doesn't feel quite right, but I do get your particular antennae to even try. 

Your post elicited me into digging for that voice comp I was thinking of.. but couldn't fully conjure. 

THIS.. is the comp I was trying to think of:  ( drum roll please.. and yes, I'm drunk right now, LOVE U FORGE brother !!!! )  

https://youtu.be/vcd9jb-_nuQ?t=6

( formatted this way, because it may and likely has to involve some eventual NSFW or SFFF language.. so quit listening after initial exp, if sensitive to )

:P

I'm not falling for this. Not clicking random youtube links. I've been Rick-rolled an embarassing number of times.