Supposedly great players you never notice/d on the field

y*so*blu

3 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Normally, it's a good thing for a CB when you do not hear your name during the game, since that means you're doing a good job in coverage .... Of course, there are exceptions, like Nnamdi Asomugha when he was with the raiders, he was not giving many reception in a season, but it was because the rest of the Raiders defense was garbage .... When Nnamdi signed with the Eagles, he was exposed.

Bad scheme fit =/= exposed. He was 1 A/B with Revis during his height and that wasn't because the rest of our D was bad. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, 24isthelaw said:

He's a beloved player and this is a controversial opinion but I never felt like Brian Dawkins' play matched his reputation. More reliable than gamechanging. Not first ballot HOF to me.

Not sure where to even start because if anything its the opposite.  You always heard about the Reeds, Polomalu's, Lynchs's of the NFL because they won a SB. He didn't. 

Dawkins was not only a throw back hard hitting safety that put the fear of God into recievers coming across the middle,  but a Ball hawk and Blitzing Nightmare under Jim Johnson. So much so he adapted his Defense "around " Brian's skillset and abilities.

His numbers are absurd! Not sure what you were watching, but it wasn't Weapon X.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/13-incredible-stats-brian-dawkins-unique-career-pro-football-hall-of-fame-eagles-nfl

• Like 2

Carson Palmer was this type of player for a long time until his Cardinals years. Dallas Clark was another a great T.E except for every game I watched of his where Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison dominated. 

On defense Brain Orakpo was this type of player

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not sure where to even start because if anything its the opposite.  You always heard about the Reeds, Polomalu's, Lynchs's of the NFL because they won a SB. He didn't. 

Dawkins was not only a throw back hard hitting safety that put the fear of God into recievers coming across the middle,  but a Ball hawk and Blitzing Nightmare under Jim Johnson. So much so he adapted his Defense "around " Brian's skillset and abilities.

His numbers are absurd! Not sure what you were watching, but it wasn't Weapon X.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/13-incredible-stats-brian-dawkins-unique-career-pro-football-hall-of-fame-eagles-nfl

Yeah, I agree with you. Dawkins was insanely good. He scared the bejeezus out of me as a Falcons fan.

Let’s see. Julius Peppers (at least in Chicago) did nothing but take plays off pretty much. Matt Forte was a good receiving back but as a pure Rb he was definitely overrated. Seemed like the majority of every game he’d get -1 to +2 yards a carry and then bust out some random garbage time 30 yarder to balance his ypc average

• Like 1