Redskins S Su'a Cravens announces retirement after 1 year in league

Woz

3 hours ago, Woz said:
3 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I don't mind players retiring early. But a week before the season is a crappy move. You really need to do that in February or March

Or at least not down the day after cutdown day since that could give someone your spot if you truly don't want it.

Not much different than getting cut at the last minute.

41 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Not much different than getting cut at the last minute.

Given that Nate Sudfeld was cut and signed with Philadelphia, it is a bit different. We might not have had to expose our developmental quarterback to our week 1 opponents had he been upfront about this.

Convincing a player not to retire early is like convincing a girl not to dump you. You might get them back but it won't be the same. I expect a poor showing cause his heart isn't in it and another retirement announcement soon.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

Given that Nate Sudfeld was cut and signed with Philadelphia, it is a bit different. We might not have had to expose our developmental quarterback to our week 1 opponents had he been upfront about this.

And if a player gets cut at the last minute his whole life gets turned upside down.  I don't fault him one bit for what he's doing, regardless of the timing. 

3 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

And if a player gets cut at the last minute his whole life gets turned upside down.  I don't fault him one bit for what he's doing, regardless of the timing. 

Huh? The timing is the issue. Your first sentence implies you feel for the guy getting cut at the last minute. Their whole life is turned upside down.

Well, the Redskins held a spot for Cravens. And due to the timing, some other guy got his whole life turned upside down. 

Archived