Jordan Lasley Cut

M.10.E

2 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Lasley cut. Idk how to put tweets in or else I would.

Team probably not a fan of his drops.

They were fine with them when they carried him on the roster last year. He flashed a lot of ability. Sigh...oh well. Certainly clears things up.

The Ravens gambled on a personality type they usually pass on in Lasley. He flashed and made the roster over Jaleel last year. Now though, with so many other WR prospects in house that they like. They don't feel the need to force things. We all knew Lasley wasn't a Harbaugh guy, so this isn't that big of a shock in the end. Fights, antics, super extra personality. None of that is going to gel with John, even if you do have talent. 

Fans shouldn't downplay this move. Lasley made the roster last year by proving himself against our CBs and having more success against teams than his peers. He was young, close with Jackson, and had a strong pedigree. We cut a good prospect at a position we've traditionally struggled with, and all before 1 preseason game was played. This puts more pressure on us to identify the best players at the position and more pressure on those young receivers to perform. What happens if Jaleel folds/disappears again? If someone gets injured? We could be playing with fire. 

18 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

The Ravens gambled on a personality type they usually pass on in Lasley. He flashed and made the roster over Jaleel last year. Now though, with so many other WR prospects in house that they like. They don't feel the need to force things. We all knew Lasley wasn't a Harbaugh guy, so this isn't that big of a shock in the end. Fights, antics, super extra personality. None of that is going to gel with John, even if you do have talent. 

Fans shouldn't downplay this move. Lasley made the roster last year by proving himself against our CBs and having more success against teams than his peers. He was young, close with Jackson, and had a strong pedigree. We cut a good prospect at a position we've traditionally struggled with, and all before 1 preseason game was played. This puts more pressure on us to identify the best players at the position and more pressure on those young receivers to perform. What happens if Jaleel folds/disappears again? If someone gets injured? We could be playing with fire. 

I think you're WAY overreacting to this in the second paragraph. Dude was a 5th round receiver. How many times has our fanbase got excited about late round WRs just to have them suck. At BEST he'd be the 4th WR this year behind Snead/Brown/Boykin with Roberts also most likely ahead of him. I'm fine with letting a diva go if he's not good. Hell, even forgot about Moore.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I'm downplaying it because he was never a player I was that excited about, not just because he was a player that's cut. I'm drinking more of the Myles Boykin kool-aid now, then I ever did for Lasley. I don't even remember Lasley looking particularly good in the preseason. We know he is a smaller receiver (we already, have two roster locks that are undersized), has poor hands, and doesn't provide special teams value. He can separate, which makes him have some value, but I don't think it's needed on the roster now and I never expected him to make it through final cuts this year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I think you're WAY overreacting to this in the second paragraph. Dude was a 5th round receiver. How many times has our fanbase got excited about late round WRs just to have them suck. At BEST he'd be the 4th WR this year behind Snead/Brown/Boykin with Roberts also most likely ahead of him. I'm fine with letting a diva go if he's not good.

Chris Moore would be ahead of him for sure. Moore is really really good on special teams, so he's a stone cold lock.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I think you're WAY overreacting to this in the second paragraph.

I'm not overreacting, just stating facts. 

Michael Floyd is 29, Seth Roberts is 28. Journeyman vets. Chris Moore is in a contract year, and could be capped as a player. Jaylen Smith, Joe Horn Jr, Antoine Wesley, Miles Boykin, and Marquise Brown haven't played in a single game yet. And Jaleel collapsed in on himself like a dying star last year, despite also having a strong first week of camp in 2018. 

Outside of Willie Snead and Chris Moore, Lasley had accomplished more in a Ravens' uniform than any other receiver on the roster. Maybe that isn't saying much, but it's the truth. He also had a strong relationship with Lamar, which included him personally flying to Florida in the offseason to train with him. Lamar called him "A great all around receiver". 

I get that fans are comfortable with or used to us tossing young WRs to the curb, but this was a move that people should look at closely- and remember.

Jordan Lasley on 3rd & 8 against All-Pro Xavien Howard. How many times have we had a 21 year old receiver on the team make a big catch against an All Pro CB in game? Lasley had faults as a player, but undeniably legit talent/potential as well. 

PlayfulLimpCentipede.webp

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I'm not overreacting, just stating facts. 

Michael Floyd is 29, Seth Roberts is 28. Journeyman vets. Chris Moore is in a contract year, and could be capped as a player. Jaylen Smith, Joe Horn Jr, Antoine Wesley, Miles Boykin, and Marquise Brown haven't played in a single game yet. And Jaleel collapsed in on himself like a dying star last year, despite also having a strong first week of camp in 2018. 

Outside of Willie Snead and Chris Moore, Lasley had accomplished more in a Ravens' uniform than any other receiver on the roster. Maybe that isn't saying much, but it's the truth. He also had a strong relationship with Lamar, which included him personally flying to Florida in the offseason to train with him. Lamar called him "A great all around receiver". 

I get that fans are comfortable with or used to us tossing young WRs to the curb, but this was a move that people should look at closely- and remember.

You're entitled to your opinion. I and most of this board probably disagree with you though.

You're awfully high on a guy with no draft pedigree who's done absolutely nothing in his NFL career. The team obviously though he wasn't worth the drama he probably causing at practice and he has drop issues on top of that.

• Like 3