The Voyage

TENINCH

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Episode 1 is up and it's pretty good! I'll post the episodes here at they are made available.

https://www.vikings.com/video/minnesota-vikings-the-voyage-episode-01

Cool little video series, gives a decent little look inside.  Honestly though you look at the dudes on that team it is defense all the way, Harrison Smith, Anthony Barr, Danielle Hunter etc.  They need some tough leaders offensively to develop especially on the OL, Rudolph and Thielen are good leaders but they need some more.  Not totally sold on Kirk's leadership and ability to relate to his teammates but hopefully that improves this year.

But just imagine those dudes in the draft room, they do that for a living full time.  Talk about sweet, only thing negative about it would be potential job changes and moving around the country.  Because just in terms of analyzing prospects talk about fun.    

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

This is the best episode yet, IMHO.

Was a great episode no doubt.  

Big question this year will be who are the leaders of the football team vocally on the field and on the sidelines?  It cannot just be coach Zimmer, we need some dudes to develop and show confidence on the field and sidelines especially when things might not be going so well.

This is who I would want the leaders to be ideally by position.  The ( ) players are the ones who I think that are currently and fit personality wise.

QB Cousins
RB Cook
WR Thielen
TE Rudolph
OL Bradburry (Rieff)
DL Hunter (Griffen)
LB Barr (Kendricks)
CB Rhodes (Alexander)
S Harrison Smith 

Overall though still not sure any actually fit the bill in terms of being a great player and having great confidence and leadership, being able to elevate the player of those around them.  It would sure help the team overall if the D played a little nuts and played with much more emotion I think.  The D has the dues on the roster no question about it.

Edited by Ozzy

On 9/4/2019 at 2:44 PM, Ozzy said:

Was a great episode no doubt.  

Big question this year will be who are the leaders of the football team vocally on the field and on the sidelines?  It cannot just be coach Zimmer, we need some dudes to develop and show confidence on the field and sidelines especially when things might not be going so well.

This is who I would want the leaders to be ideally by position.  The ( ) players are the ones who I think that are currently and fit personality wise.

QB Cousins
RB Cook
WR Thielen
TE Rudolph
OL Bradburry (Rieff)
DL Hunter (Griffen)
LB Barr (Kendricks)
CB Rhodes (Alexander)
S Harrison Smith 

Overall though still not sure any actually fit the bill in terms of being a great player and having great confidence and leadership, being able to elevate the player of those around them.  It would sure help the team overall if the D played a little nuts and played with much more emotion I think.  The D has the dues on the roster no question about it.

IMHO, the guy who is closest to being able to do that is Everson Griffen.  He seems to play with a lot of passion.  I think the defense felt the loss of his presence on the field last year.  Otherwise, let's hope Danielle Hunter can step it up too.  That guy is a beast and he should have a very good season.

Edited by Uncle Buck

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

IMHO, the guy who is closest to being able to do that is Everson Griffen.  He seems to play with a lot of passion.  I think the defense felt the loss of his presence on the field last year.  Otherwise, let's hope Danielle Hunter can step it up to.  That guy is a beast and he should have a very good season.

True he is vocal and plays with great energy but that was not there last season.  He has to be playing great to lead though, if he plays poorly he puts his head down a little bit I feel and great leaders cannot do that.  I would like Hunter to take over that leadership spot on the DL but I know Griffen has it now and still will probably be that guy, same with Barr wish he was more vocal but it is more on Kendricks for that usually.  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...