Jets Sign Ryan Kalil

Bobby816

Not the pro bowl player he once was but still really solid and stable force at the position.

When you are counting on Harrison and you sign Kalil it's an upgrade for sure.

Stop gap for this year only but better then starting Harrison.

Long term answer at C coming next year for sure now.

Curious why he came out of retirement but crap $8.4 million!  Seems a little high for a guy who retired but maybe the Panthers just did not want to pay him and he still wanted to play.  Their center position much suck but I assume in a few years Ryan Anderson could be in the mix but obviously right now it will be Kalil getting that much money.

The OL Brandon Shell has some promise but I really like Chuma Edoga, he will be their starting tackle soon opposite Beachum possibly.  Ben Braden I liked at Michigan be curious if he can work his way in there.  Tom Compton is nothing special so you can have him.  Hopefully Bucky Hodges can finally catch on and produce, he has some much talent at TE but is a little soft, maybe should switch to WR, and Wesco is a tough TE and a fine blocker he will be a nice addition.

15 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Curious why he came out of retirement but crap $8.4 million!  Seems a little high for a guy who retired but maybe the Panthers just did not want to pay him and he still wanted to play.  Their center position much suck but I assume in a few years Ryan Anderson could be in the mix but obviously right now it will be Kalil getting that much money.

It may be all on Adam Gase.  Jets made Kalil feel needed.  I don't think he would come out of retirement to play for just 3-5m.

Edited by JetsandI