Phil The Drill (The GOAT) retires

zelbell

Phil Dawson is the second leading scorer in Browns history.  He meant so much to so many struggling teams it's not even funny.

Neither of the points will get him into the Hall of Fame.   Ring of Honor?  Yeah more than likely.  But kickers just don't get into the HoF.  There are what?  3? 4? including Lou Groza.  It's just not gonna happen. 

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Take it back or we’re not friends.

I mean you’re the one saying Dawson is the worst kicker in the nfl 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by Bonanza23
I’ve succumbed to nfl general type logic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

LGB - you are probably right after having 18 hours or so to digest this information. The league honoring him? Probably not so much..........

The team honoring Phil in their own way? Absolutely!

Yeah this is how it should be.

He won’t get into the HOF, prolly not even the ring of honor or whatever they call it (Clay will be the first non-HOFer iirc), but he deserves to retire a Brown.

I still remember that kick against the Ravens that bounced over the upright at the end of the game....

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Are @MWil23 and @NateDawg dead?

I’m not with @Estonianzulu ... yet anyway. 

Lot been going on the last couple weeks but in summary, lawn mower hacked off a chunk of my finger two weeks ago. Been on restricted duty with work and making due voice texting, etc. Then a week ago my wife’s stepdad passed away. Funeral this weekend. And I have the summer flu or something else nasty right now. Lots of fun here. 

Don’t worry though my friend, I will be alive and well for our ride to the Super Bowl!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not with @Estonianzulu ... yet anyway. 

Lot been going on the last couple weeks but in summary, lawn mower hacked off a chunk of my finger two weeks ago. Been on restricted duty with work and making due voice texting, etc. Then a week ago my wife’s stepdad passed away. Funeral this weekend. And I have the summer flu or something else nasty right now. Lots of fun here. 

Don’t worry though my friend, I will be alive and well for our ride to the Super Bowl!

Sheesh, sorry to hear about all of that.

How much of your finger did you cut off?  Like, a disability type injury or the kind we get to clown you for?

• Like 1