Sign in to follow this  
Counselor

Hall of Fame Game and other Preseason Matchups

That time is upon us! Hall of Fame game here in a few minutes. Thought I’d separate this from the training camp thread if you guys don’t like it I’ll delete it. We are all a family, we can make these decisions together.

I am excited to see the rookie QB’s as well as see if any of these rookie receivers that have gotten spot raves throughout camp can show anything. 

Other thoughts? 

Can't wait to see how many blocks Fant misses or passes he drops. Lock to be a deer in the head lights. Risner is going to bully people. Dremont Jones will get bullied.

Posted (edited)

I don't know why but I'm anxious about special teams finding a punt returner and kick returner.  

Do they just secure the ball or try to make something happen to separate themselves ?

Edited by thebestever6

Drew Lock, first and foremost.

All the OL, our rookies and all the linebackers. Also, we're quietly really deep at safety and only Kareem, Simmons and Parks are locks right now. 

Flying back from honeymoon so won’t get to watch but look forward to watching tomorrow and see how the young players have progressed. 

Winfree nerves on first drive easy 1st down drop on the opening series. 

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Winfree nerves on first drive easy 1st down drop on the opening series. 

Fant joined the party 

Fant decides to take the heat off Winfree with an easy drop on his own.   Jeez.   Hogan is a pretty limited talent but the 2 drives are on the receivers not him.   

Fant converts on 3rd down this time.  Hogan good throw to Fred Brown for 15.  

Fant may be a Vernon Davis type where he can blow by anyone he's matched up with but you can never trust his hands (he sure doesn't). Still, nice to have a dynamic athlete at the position again. 

It’s just the ATL 2nd string D not their starters but have to give Hogan and Scangarelli credit that was a cleanly executed drive.  

I know it’s just the preseason but OMG that’s a boneheaded move by Langley.   Shades of 2017 McKenzie-itis. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Langley with the tough muffed punt.

I get he wants to impress but ball security is the most important skill as a returner.  The decision was the real problem.   No surprise Langley was pulled for the next punt.  

Edited by Broncofan

Really nice showing for Justin Hollins on that drive, both vs. the run and in coverage. 

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I get he wants to impress but ball security is the most important skill as a returner.  The decision was the real problem.  

No arguments from me there can't have that in the regular season.