Hall of Fame Game and other Preseason Matchups

Scoundrel

Hogan didn’t get the first down on drive #3 but he didn’t make any bad plays and made the correct reads.  Drops were the bigger issue.   Now again it’s the 2nd string ATL D so it’s not really a great test.  But he didn’t hurt his standing as the experienced vet.    

Lock warming up I’d guess we will see a lot of him before Rypien gets his shot.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Yes.  Made a great break on 2nd down to almost get a pick then a big cushion to allow the 3rd and 18 conversion.   Shows the promise and the growing pains.  

Cravens snuffed out the wr screen but always has lapses in coverage covering  tes deep hes hesitates when guys get a head of steam I feel like. 

Some nerves by Lock on 2nd down as he missed an open Fant.   Not a huge gap but that’s the NFL window he has to make.  

Wow the 3rd throw should have been a pick 6.  Way late and inside.   It’s hopefully nerves but jeez that was awful in how far off the mark it was.   God I hope it was tipped.  Ugh. 

Edited by Broncofan

17 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I know it’s only been months but Lock hasn’t fixed the throwing mechanics that really made me dislike him as a prospect... Fant with one drop so far, Winfree with a drop... 

When it’s mechanics and improving play vs. pressure it’s going to take time for a rookie QB to develop.  I want to see him get some game reps later but it’s purely for development.   A guy like him definitely needs a full season to be close to NFL ready. 

I’ll always be a skeptic with guys who have Lock’s flaws but patience is a prerequisite.    A slow preseason except in garbage time would be the norm for his skill profile.  I know it’s scary because that was the Lynch profile but at least Lock’s talents far surpass the best that Lynch ever showed.  Still a fair amount of risk but this start isn’t that surprising given where he was at leaving college. 

And right on cue Lock misses a wide open Muhammad.   Needs to air a little more to let the receiver get that.   Part of the learning curve.  

Edited by Broncofan