NFL preseason games talk: General discussion

buno67

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m guessing this will be his last chance.

He’ll serve his 4 games and be given a chance to compete, but that’s about it.

This is going to make letting Hollywood walk a much harder decision.

I just don't think that happens. He might have a great year and with all the weapons in the offense still only have like 800/5. I think we can bring him back at a reasonable rate if that happens.

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I just don't think that happens. He might have a great year and with all the weapons in the offense still only have like 800/5. I think we can bring him back at a reasonable rate if that happens.

It’s possible, but it’s also possible someone dumps a ton of cash in his lap in UFA too.

With what we already have invested in Juice and OBJ, I can’t see another moderate to high dollar WR.

• Like 1

I think higgins is going to get 4 years 36 million if he continues to be effective all year.

We cant compete with it, unless we cut or trade juice. Which should be a thought at least. 

Higgins walks, tretter walks, schobert walks randall walks, we may get a 3rd a 4th and a 5th in 2021. We can then retool our team around our big contracts 

32 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Schobert and Kirksey are probably both gone. It’s why we drafted Mack and Taki.

Agreed.

I’m not sure about Randall. Depends on this season.

If he plays as well as he did last year we’d be crazy to let him walk.  Especially with Redwine, Greedy and Ward being as young as they are.

Tretter won’t cost a fortune.

Do you think he costs less than he did when we signed him originally?  If not, he’s gonna get 5+ per year. 

59 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Schobert and Kirksey are probably both gone. It’s why we drafted Mack and Taki.

I’m not sure about Randall. Depends on this season.

Tretter won’t cost a fortune.

Agreed. Only way Schobert or Kirksey stay is if they have amazing seasons. I think it's almost a guarantee that Kirksey is gone next year, and it's likely that Joe will be gone as well.

Randall will likely depend on what his contract demands are. I think that's one reason we drafted Redwine - as an insurance policy in case Randall splits next year.

Tretter will also depend on his contract demands. He's a really solid player but not worth paying top dollar for.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m guessing this will be his last chance.

He’ll serve his 4 games and be given a chance to compete, but that’s about it.

This is going to make letting Hollywood walk a much harder decision.

Hollywood might walk but I think next year is a solid WR class. No better situation for a young guy to develop in than behind OBJ and Jarvis

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

Agreed. Only way Schobert or Kirksey stay is if they have amazing seasons. I think it's almost a guarantee that Kirksey is gone next year, and it's likely that Joe will be gone as well.

Randall will likely depend on what his contract demands are. I think that's one reason we drafted Redwine - as an insurance policy in case Randall splits next year.

Tretter will also depend on his contract demands. He's a really solid player but not worth paying top dollar for.

I liked how well Corb played at center. I think he might be allowed to walk next year. 

Browns might see a couple of 3rd picks picks with the players they might let walk next year

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

Higgins knowns if he stays Baker is going to keep his career 10+

hed be stupid to leave. He’s got a 15+ year top 5 QB’s trust 

makes too too much sense to take a team friendly deal. He might be here 10 years 

Post of the day.

👌👍💪

On 8/9/2019 at 4:06 PM, brownie man said:

Higgins knowns if he stays Baker is going to keep his career 10+

hed be stupid to leave. He’s got a 15+ year top 5 QB’s trust 

makes too too much sense to take a team friendly deal. He might be here 10 years 

It's nice in theory.  But if the Jets or someone offers him $10+ mill a year, and the Browns are over here offering $4-6 million, guess what........

• Like 1

NFL slowly realizing that they've become the least advanced sport when it comes to advanced analytics other than maybe Hockey and that there is the potential for competitive advantage there. (Not saying NFL teams don't use analytics, most do. But there's a long way to go compared to the other major sports). 

• Like 1