53 Man Roster plus more (There's always next year)

lumberjackchris

36 minutes ago, shep0507 said:

I saw a report that the Texans were trying to get Jimmy Graham as part of a Duane Brown trade. He's been ineffective in Seattle, but the possibilities, especially in the red zone of Hopkins, Graham, Giffen, Fido (when back) and Anderson would be insane. Fades and jump balls for days.

I'd prefer a pick, but wouldn't scoff at that at ALL. Jimmy G working that seam would be such a nightmare with Fuller taking tops off and Hopkins working outside the hashes. 

Goodness, that would be pretty scary.

EDIT: Compensation mentioned have been all over the place. 1st round pick, or TE Jimmy Graham, or CB Jermey Lane, or DE Michael Bennett.

I say an emphatic YES to any of those options.

5 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'd prefer a pick, but wouldn't scoff at that at ALL. Jimmy G working that seam would be such a nightmare with Fuller taking tops off and Hopkins working outside the hashes. 

EDIT: Compensation mentioned have been all over the place. 1st round pick, or TE Jimmy Graham, or CB Jermey Lane, or DE Michael Bennett.

Bennett or Lane would be ideal, but do they fit in with our current team?

1 hour ago, amazingandre said:

Bennett or Lane would be ideal, but do they fit in with our current team?

Bennett seems pretty versatile - could line up as a 5 tech and do some damage. This being said, he wouldn't fit for "other" reasons.

Lane? I'm not 100% sure. I'll have to check on it. 

Forgot that Graham is on the last year of the deal. Makes him less appealing.

On 10/11/2017 at 6:39 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

Don't see the Seahawks moving Michael Bennett, but everyone else could be available.

On 10/11/2017 at 12:53 PM, Texansfan713 said:

We signed OG Dorian Johnson off the Card's practice squad.  Love that pick up. Really liked him during the draft.

Ditto.  Was a shocker that the Cards exposed a 4th rounder on their PS.  A bit raw for sure, but considering XSF still makes college sophomore mistakes in his 4th year as a pro, I'll take raw with upside.   DJ does have a liver condition (primary sclerosing cholangitis) diagnosed at the combine that has required a cocktail of meds I suspect might have taken a bit out of him in camp, but once he adjusts this might have a nice payoff.

Texans CB Kevin Johnson (MCL) has resumed practicing.

Johnson has been sidelined since Week 2, but has a real shot at returning Sunday against the Seahawks. Johnson would be a big boost for a defense that's been gutted by injury the past few weeks.

19 hours ago, jch1911 said:

getting Johnson and Brown back will be a huge boon to our team. Also now Langford and Houston have both had a few weeks with the team and should be up to full speed with the play calling and stuff. I believe both of them got some PT in the browns game as well. Houston already has a sack for us. I think he needs to be starting as does Langford. 

here is what we need to do:

Langford/Reader/Clowney

Houston/McKinney/Cunningham/Scarlett

Johnson/Jackson/Hal/Joseph 

Bring in GilChrist for the nickle and slide Jackson over to CB, but Jackson should be starting safety for us next to Hal. His skill set is much more suited for safety than corner. 

on offense we have been clicking, Clark is out this week from what Ive read, so sliding in Brown makes sense. Clark needs to move over to either LG or RT. our Line could really come together over the next month or so moving forward. The rest of the offense is doing well. Our TEs are playing good. Hopkins/Fuller are catching TDs like crazy. Miller/Foreman are a great 1 2 punch and of course Watson is balling. 

Seattle will be a tough place for him to place though, they will be wild and they have a top 10 D

1 hour ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Realistically do you think there is any chance Foreman overtakes Miller this year or by the start of next season? I know the Texans get a cap savings by cutting Miller in the off-season. 

Next season he will be the starter unless Miller gets hurt this season. 

Archived