53 Man Roster plus more (There's always next year)

lumberjackchris

5 minutes ago, mse326 said:

What is with the Foreman love. He hasn't done any better. If Miller is used right he is still a good RB. We shouldn't be running him up the gut in short yardage/goal line situations but why is everyone so quick to dump him?

I was on the drop wagon, but Miller has looked good for us this season. YPC can improve, but that's more of a need to call better plays for him, not the short yardage stuff we pull off.

I see Miller and Foreman as a good 1/2 punch for us. Next season, maybe Foreman takes the starting job (because he has looked good, and flashes a bit more versatility in between the Ts) but Miller is the next guy up over the rest of the unit.

I had us at 4-3…. Not 3-4 at this point (Jags game).

I can see 8-1 or 7-2 for the rest of our games.

We need to shore up our secondary to make that happen.

I think we can made one addition and really improve our secondary.

It mainly depends on the Browns.

I would offer Braxton Miller for CB Jason McCourty.

Although McCourty is Cleveland’s best corner this year, the team is clearly not in the playoff hunt.

McCourty has the chance to come to Houston and be part of a playoff hunt (he is 30 and only on a 2 year deal).

Miller has not done much for the Texans.

However, he is (1) young, (2) talented, & (3) an Ohio legend so I think he may appeal to the Browns.

Plus Browns are about to cut (likely) Kenny Britt any second now.

McCourty will allow us to play KJo in the slot / covering TE’s.

KJax could move to our SS and Hal would remain at FS.

Having two former CBs at safety should (I said should) give us an advantage.

One move should strengthen our entire secondary (and hopefully make up for the mistake of letting Bouye go) to help us into the playoffs.

I think the league is wide open right now, but the playoffs is all about defense.

We have the offense so let's do what it takes.

I would also offer Alfred Blue (did you see that block???) to the 49ers for Aaron Lynch.  He is a free agent after this season (as is Blue), but it would help us strengthen our pass rush.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/6LuBsnA7UEYBTmW8JuSlA-LebW4=/0x0:545x300/720x0/filters:focal(0x0:545x300):gifv():no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9562413/3rd.0.gif

1 hour ago, shep0507 said:

Any chance he'll clear waivers and be signed to the PS or are they just done with him?

Not sure... he has not shown up on our PS yet... leads me to believe other teams may have bid on his services or seen something in his physical that concerns them

Or the NFL is just taking its time to update info.... 

16 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

Signing Josh Johnson is pathetic and it's the most blatant sign that Kaep has actually blackballed yet.

Yeah, pretty much at this point. If ever you wanted to call out collusion, here's your smoking gun.

4 hours ago, Marco79 said:

Signing Josh Johnson is pathetic and it's the most blatant sign that Kaep has actually blackballed yet.

It also makes zero sense. Obrien says Kaep hasn't played in a while? Josh Johnson hasn't thrown a pass in a game since 2011!

Just from a PR perspective too this makes no sense. With McGloin and Yates you could at least say (even though I think it's BS), "hey it's week 9 and we need QBs that are familiar with the system,",but now with this signing you can't even make that argument. They sign another mobile QB and now they are going lambasted for it, while also not even benefiting from it because he probably won't even play a snap.

Also, the time to sign Josh Johnson was after week 1 when Watson was named the starting QB. They should have had a mobile QB who could replicate the offense in the case that Watson went down. All in all, this is an embarrassment. 

16 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Yeah, pretty much at this point. If ever you wanted to call out collusion, here's your smoking gun.

Disagree. Collusion means the owners actually getting together. Given McNair's comments it is 100% conceivable he is making this decision on his own accord. No absolving him personally from being a horrible person, but this is hardly a smoking gun.

Kinda strange that we signed McCloin and then released him right away.

I think that had to do with short week to have someone as our backup and he may know the system a bit better or at least the language as he went to PSU. Different when you have the full week of practice.

30 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I think that had to do with short week to have someone as our backup and he may know the system a bit better or at least the language as he went to PSU. Different when you have the full week of practice.

Wasnt he inactive? I guess we had to deal with the possibility of having an injury in practice before the game. This is why i think you should always have a QB on the practice squad, for that possibility of needing to put him on the roster on a short week injury type situation. 

Archived