36 members have voted

1. 1. MVP of Family Night

• Tyrell Sutton
    • Larry McCarren's messed up finger
    • Don Majkowski
    • Rex Grossman
    • Ernestine Skibenski

19 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Why do 50k + fans flock to the Family Night event and fill the stadium with energy
But then for a preseason game...they stay away and say it totally sucks ?

They come for the laser and fireworks show after I suppose...

10 hours ago, Greg C. said:

Tim Boyle looked mediocre in the two-minute drill, which ended with a missed 50-yard attempt by Sam Ficken. Boyle's best throw was a jump ball to Trevor Davis, heavily contested by Nydair Rouse along the sideline, that Davis somehow managed to haul in. Best catch of the night. Misfired to J'Mon Moore along the sideline, who wasn't very open but a good throw would've had him. Badly overthrew Alan Lazzard over the middle to kill the drive. Kizer looked a little better, but not much. When I watch Kizer, I'm reminded of that quote by Bill Walsh about Steve DeBerg: "He's just good enough to get you beat." 

The scrimmage is over now. The standout WRs (not counting Adams) were Kumerow and Davis, which is what we've been hearing all along. Moore, Valdes-Scantling, and St. Brown did almost nothing, although Aaron Rodgers is so locked in on Davante Adams that it's hard to tell if Valdes-Scantling is getting open. 

I wonder how the backup QBs would look with the starters.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Decades of watching the Packers run press conferences ... And you still can't hear the questions that are coming in to the head coach.  Buy some mics for the questioners already. 

Yes, this is just frustrating.  ¬¬

20 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Why do 50k + fans flock to the Family Night event and fill the stadium with energy
But then for a preseason game...they stay away and say it totally sucks ?

Family night is the teams signature event for kicking off the season.  It's inexpensive, has more to it than just the practice, and is specifically designed to be a fan friendly event.

I went this year for the first time, it's a better watching experience from your couch. I just went because I had family in town from out of state that wanted to go.

Didn't see any WR-DB 1v1 sounds like there were some great matchups, I was right smack in front of OL-DL 1v1. Most impressive guy there is Z. He is truly massive and has a chance to be special. Not sure why he wasn't a mainstay in Baltimore, watching him put Bahk on skates was impressive, he's got power, length and explosion.

My only true takeaway is that we don't have a backup QB on this roster. The Packers would win 3-5 games with Kizer or Boyle. They didn't develop one bit with the dumpster fire that was the last year of Mac and that staff. Kizer's gone from Hue Jackson, to lame duck McCarthy and right into a 3rd system. He makes some throws that are so legit and you see why he'd be coveted by any QB guy, but the fundamentals and mental side of the game is so inconsistent with him, he may be broken beyond repair. Boyle looks like any big arm developmental QB ever. I just don't see it there. Wilkins is PS worthy, he's not far from Boyle to me and more athletic.

This is not your 2016-2018 Trevor Davis. I'm not sure what he is, but he's made the team as a WR at this point, regardless of special teams. He looks exactly the same, not like he's spent hours and hours adding 10 pounds of muscle, he's just got from bad receiver to good receiver.

Kumerow is well ahead of J'Mon. He's on par with EQ. Moore might be on his way out, but I will say J'Mon is looking better.

Couple Oline backups I thought had some skills in 1-1, De Beer, Nijman and Coyle. Madison is struggling with shotgun snaps right now, which I'm sure they are adding to his resume as he's probably in direct competition with Lucas Patrick for a roster spot.

This is Justin McCray's last camp in GB. Jenkins is already better, Patrick is better and Madison is close as a rookie.

Alex Light looked stable enough, he'll stick around too.

My OL right now is Bahk, Taylor, Linsley, Turner, Bulaga, Spriggs, Light, Jenkins, Patrick/Madison.

Danny Vitale has a sweet mustache.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

So the great news coming out of Family Night is I didn't read anything about any players carted off the field or injured. That is the best thing that can come out of preseason. 

Texans come to town next week which will test things as the practices will take on a pseudo game day feel. 

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I went this year for the first time, it's a better watching experience from your couch. I just went because I had family in town from out of state that wanted to go.

Didn't see any WR-DB 1v1 sounds like there were some great matchups, I was right smack in front of OL-DL 1v1. Most impressive guy there is Z. He is truly massive and has a chance to be special. Not sure why he wasn't a mainstay in Baltimore, watching him put Bahk on skates was impressive, he's got power, length and explosion.

My only true takeaway is that we don't have a backup QB on this roster. The Packers would win 3-5 games with Kizer or Boyle. They didn't develop one bit with the dumpster fire that was the last year of Mac and that staff. Kizer's gone from Hue Jackson, to lame duck McCarthy and right into a 3rd system. He makes some throws that are so legit and you see why he'd be coveted by any QB guy, but the fundamentals and mental side of the game is so inconsistent with him, he may be broken beyond repair. Boyle looks like any big arm developmental QB ever. I just don't see it there. Wilkins is PS worthy, he's not far from Boyle to me and more athletic.

This is not your 2016-2018 Trevor Davis. I'm not sure what he is, but he's made the team as a WR at this point, regardless of special teams. He looks exactly the same, not like he's spent hours and hours adding 10 pounds of muscle, he's just got from bad receiver to good receiver.

Kumerow is well ahead of J'Mon. He's on par with EQ. Moore might be on his way out, but I will say J'Mon is looking better.

Couple Oline backups I thought had some skills in 1-1, De Beer, Nijman and Coyle. Madison is struggling with shotgun snaps right now, which I'm sure they are adding to his resume as he's probably in direct competition with Lucas Patrick for a roster spot.

This is Justin McCray's last camp in GB. Jenkins is already better, Patrick is better and Madison is close as a rookie.

Alex Light looked stable enough, he'll stick around too.

My OL right now is Bahk, Taylor, Linsley, Turner, Bulaga, Spriggs, Light, Jenkins, Patrick/Madison.

Danny Vitale has a sweet mustache.

It is too bad about our backup QB situation right now.  Kizer has a decent enough arm and so perhaps they can still fix him seeing he is young.   We better pray for Rodgers well being this year.  Boyle's passes are way too high and I didn't see the other guy (but I didn't get to see anything until near the end of the practice on TV). 

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

It is too bad about our backup QB situation right now.  Kizer has a decent enough arm and so perhaps they can still fix him seeing he is young.   We better pray for Rodgers well being this year.  Boyle's passes are way too high and I didn't see the other guy (but I didn't get to see anything until near the end of the practice on TV). 

I think this is the year to carry two QBs on the roster because we're probably gonna carry an extra Wr, TE, RB. If Rodgers goes down season is over, no need to  carry two developmental QBs that won't help you. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

I wonder how the backup QBs would look with the starters.

We will probably see a lot of that against the Texans, at least what we can field.  I would guess that Bakhtiari, Bulaga, and maybe Adams will have short nights, and Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams might be limited too.  We will still probably see some Kizer and players that will get a lot of PT against a mostly first string Texans defense.  

54 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I think this is the year to carry two QBs on the roster because we're probably gonna carry an extra Wr, TE, RB. If Rodgers goes down season is over, no need to  carry two developmental QBs that won't help you. 

I felt that way last year.  Kumerow getting injured was probably a sigh of relief for MM/Gute when making the roster.

4 hours ago, Golfman said:

So the great news coming out of Family Night is I didn't read anything about any players carted off the field or injured. That is the best thing that can come out of preseason. 

Colt Lyerla went on IR 

• Like 1