Eagles add S/LB Jonathan Cyprien

Kiltman

Gotta be for that comp pick. But we can hold onto Fort or Sendejo until like week 10, release one and get that comp pick. So, not exactly sure how they all fit until then. Cyprien is in that hybrid role like Jenkins is from time to time so I guess, if healthy, is more versatile than Fort or Sendejo. Good depth at least. I heard McLeod is looking fine so don’t think it’s anything there. 

Edited by Jroc04

Remember when he was in half of all mocks to the Eagles?

I wouldn't read too much into this.
The Eagles are in a position where they can afford to spot up some vets like Cyprien and Scandrick.
Sendejo, too.

Whoever sticks, sticks.
Sometimes you get lucky with the luck you've made for yourself.
It is a problem the Patriots have had for years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, babyatemydingo said:

Remember when he was in half of all mocks to the Eagles?

I wouldn't read too much into this.
The Eagles are in a position where they can afford to spot up some vets like Cyprien and Scandrick.
Sendejo, too.

Whoever sticks, sticks.
Sometimes you get lucky with the luck you've made for yourself.
It is a problem the Patriots have had for years.

This! Might be nothing more then a camp body/insurance policy if someone gets hurts the next 3 weeks.

Also, I forgot about Jordan Matthews being apart of our comp pick stash. And he’s not exactly a lock to make the 9ers roster. If he’s cut and we don’t make any moves we’ll lose the Golden Tate 4th rounder. So, these moves were seeing could be to protect ourselves against others not coming to fruition. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Also, I forgot about Jordan Matthews being apart of our comp pick stash. And he’s not exactly a lock to make the 9ers roster. If he’s cut and we don’t make any moves we’ll lose the Golden Tate 4th rounder. So, these moves were seeing could be to protect ourselves against others not coming to fruition. 

yeah sendejo will have to be a 4th round pick better than cyprien to beat him out.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah sendejo will have to be a 4th round pick better than cyprien to beat him out.

Howie would cut his child for a 4th. Sendejo has 0 shot on this roster past week 10. Hopefully, Matthews stays on the 9ers roster and we don’t have to lose LJ Fort too. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Howie would cut his child for a 4th. Sendejo has 0 shot on this roster past week 10. Hopefully, Matthews stays on the 9ers roster and we don’t have to lose LJ Fort too. 

I havent heard anything about fort this preseason. He was supposed to be a guy that needed a chance that could even become a starter but havent heard anything on that front.

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I havent heard anything about fort this preseason. He was supposed to be a guy that needed a chance that could even become a starter but havent heard anything on that front.

Elliot Shorr Parks just write an article breaking down the roster of bubble players, semi locks and locks. Fort was on the locks list with 43 other players. I read somewhere he’s been impressing. 

In other news, KGH just went down with a knee injury. Was able to walk off and heard he wanted to come back with a few minutes left of practice but Drs talked him out of it. Something to keep an eye on. 

Just seen you already posted about it. Carry on 

Edited by Jroc04

Yeah I've read multiple places and heard on multiple podcasts that Fort has impressed at times. Really holding my breath on KGH, I think he can have a real impact on our defense this year and in the future, and is a great candidate for an extension. Really hope he's okay. 🙏

• 2 weeks later...

Sendejo has been the best of his ilk.
Go with that.
The pick he may cost is likely booty.
A guy who can contribute is way better than some low end, day 2-3 pick.

He's a #2 safety, not a QB.
The Eagles are never going to have to commit significant cap space.
The investment is minimal compared to what he may add to a contender.

He is better here for his own sake and for the Eagles.

2 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

Sendejo has been the best of his ilk.
Go with that.
The pick he may cost is likely booty.
A guy who can contribute is way better than some low end, day 2-3 pick.

He's a #2 safety, not a QB.
The Eagles are never going to have to commit significant cap space.
The investment is minimal compared to what he may add to a contender.

He is better here for his own sake and for the Eagles.

Assets are assets. A 4th rounder could mean a lot of things. A potential starter, depth on the OL, a way to maneuver a better pick with a trade up, a sweetener to land Clowney. Sendejo is a 32 year old S. He’s seemingly worthless in this league. Howie most certainly thought about the comp pick when acquiring Tate. Dont see the reason he’d just forget about it now. If through 10 weeks he sees a potential out for that 4th rounder, he’ll do it.