Preseason, Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Saints (0-0)

swede700

Preseason Impact  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which ex-Viking will make the biggest impact in the game?

• QB Teddy Bridgewater
    • C Nick Easton
    • FB Zach Line
    • DB Marcus Sherels
    • RB Latavius Murray

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Canada did produce Avril Lavigne and Shania Twain two of the most beautiful women on the face of the planet, so the country gets props for that.  

PS I was once told duck tape does not hold up in below zero temperatures, well that is false because it does in my garage which is not heated in Minnesota, over seams on insulation foam board....  Back to topic Storm Norton did show up last night at tackle no doubt, and worse case hopefully he can get on the practice squad again in case a tackle goes down.  

I couldn't agree more.  Two of my all-time faves also happen to hail from Canada.  The first one, Elisha Cuthbert, is currently adorning my avatar and signature, and the second one is Catherine Mary Stewart, of "Weekend at Bernie's" fame.  There must be something good in the water up there.  ;)

https://pixhost.to/show/83/118245137_elisha-cuthbert_215.jpg

https://pixhost.to/show/83/118245138_cms-110.jpg

I'm not sure how to post pics on this new site. 

Edited by Uncle Buck
Trying to get my pics to show up.

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I couldn't agree more.  Two of my all-time faves also happen to hail from Canada.  The first one, Elisha Cuthbert, is currently adorning my avatar and signature, and the second one is Catherine Mary Stewart, of "Weekend at Bernie's" fame.  There must be something good in the water up there.  ;)

Looks like it's an issue with that hosting site not giving the proper links. 

If you right-click on the picture and "Copy Image Address" it will post properly

1 minute ago, Klomp said:

Looks like it's an issue with that hosting site not giving the proper links. 

If you right-click on the picture and "Copy Image Address" it will post properly

Oh ok.  I uploaded these from my hard drive, but I'll see if I can do it that way instead.  Thanks Klomp!

9 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

This is going off the rails but whatever the preseason game is over. 

Here are some more to add to the list of gorgeous Canadian woman (in pop cullture) it is insane.  And I agree Elisha Cuthbert is gorgeous back in the day.  Hard to stay that way though over time if it has continued, but a good face structure will allow that usually.  Too bad she is not very talented she is kind of out of the scene right now because cannot get roles or work and has no real skill ;o)   Also not including those damn Canadian men on this list and it is quite the list for that as well but no one cares about the dudes.

Rachel McAdams

91970bf338e706ae8ef2ce0725434452--beauti

Evangeline Lilly

Evangeline-Lilly.jpg?fit=200,200&ssl=1

Kristin Kreuk

kristin-kreuk.jpg?fit=200,200&ssl=1

Tessa Virtue

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTsksRqHra6YbZnbrM3Ke

Stana Katic

0d7dd75165b8584005626fffd2b37bd6.jpg

Carrie-Anne Moss

8iATAc5z5XOKFFARLsvaawa8MTY.jpg

Natasha Henstridge

she_spies.cassie_mcbain.jpg

Neve Campbell9k=

43680.jpg

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

To think all this OT posting happened because I resemble Red Green, and I wanted to remind the original poster, who called him "an American hero" that he's more of a Canadian hero.  Let's get back on topic.

Who among you all think that Friday's game  indicated that Kirk Cousins should do a lot better this season with Stefanski's new offence, and with the improved OL, and having Cook all season?

• Like 2

On 8/8/2019 at 1:51 PM, Virginia Viking said:

But the pre-season game is something you only find in major professional sports leagues.  Everyone else practices, practices, practices until the games count.  I think preseason is just a way for owners to be able to make money while delivering a sub par product.

Msu's basketball team usually has 1-2 preseason exhibition games against small schools...they even lost one in a year i thi k they made the final 4.

3 hours ago, Robb_K said:

To think all this OT posting happened because I resemble Red Green, and I wanted to remind the original poster, who called him "an American hero" that he's more of a Canadian hero.  Let's get back on topic.

Who among you all think that Friday's game  indicated that Kirk Cousins should do a lot better this season with Stefanski's new offence, and with the improved OL, and having Cook all season?

Red Green is an American hero, he is not an American who is an hero but a hero to Americans, well some Americans.  I did not know that show was created in Canada, maybe that is because I am from Minnesota, so never picked up on any strange accent or way of being.  But similar to many of these gorgeous ladies, they get paid or make their bread in American and so did the Red Green show, I assume they made more money doing PBS work then they made being aired in Canada.

In terms of Kirk, he should do much better in this system, did seem to have a more calm demeanor about him in the little time he played.  I would want the calm collected Kirk that does not make mistakes, not the overly emotional yell to the camera Kirk saying you like that.  Do still wish he put a little damn effort into play action passes, at least pretending to fake the ball to the back but like I said he is better throwing on the move than I originally gave him credit for.  

The team will win or die on the D though, it is not about the QB it will be about the D.  A majority of the leaders on the team and tough guys I feel are on the Defense.  

46 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Red Green is an American hero, he is not an American who is an hero but a hero to Americans, well some Americans.  I did not know that show was created in Canada, maybe that is because I am from Minnesota, so never picked up on any strange accent or way of being.  But similar to many of these gorgeous ladies, they get paid or make their bread in American and so did the Red Green show, I assume they made more money doing PBS work then they made being aired in Canada.

In terms of Kirk, he should do much better in this system, did seem to have a more calm demeanor about him in the little time he played.  I would want the calm collected Kirk that does not make mistakes, not the overly emotional yell to the camera Kirk saying you like that.  Do still wish he put a little damn effort into play action passes, at least pretending to fake the ball to the back but like I said he is better throwing on the move than I originally gave him credit for.  

The team will win or die on the D though, it is not about the QB it will be about the D.  A majority of the leaders on the team and tough guys I feel are on the Defense.  

True.  But having an offence that can sustain long drives will provide decent rest for our defence, so they won't tire as much as last year, and so, will be more effective late into the games.  Having more points on the board early in games will allow the great defence to shine.  It will also take pressure off the offence, leading to less gambling needed to come back from being behind.  So, there will be less mistakes on offence, and less turnovers.  I'm looking for an 11-5 season, and decent playoff run.

I finally got a chance to watch the game. Besides the penalty, we did great and came away with no injuries.

Odenigbo was a terror and would probably win the DE#4 spot even if Tashawn Bower was healthy.

Duke Thomas looked terrible out there. He won't make the roster but man he was probably the worst player out there. 

Khari Blasingame is interesting. He looks like a complete player. So did Alex Mattinson.

Laquon Treadwell still is unimpressive. His best play was a ST tackle. If we can trade him, I'd be all for it. Dillion Mitchell didn't catch a pass but I noticed his run blocking was solid and also made a good tackle on a Kickoff.

Didn't notice the OL except Hill making some bad mistakes. Isn't he supposedly our top backup OL?

Mike Boone is clearly a better RB than Ameer Abdullah, who is still fumble prone. 

Mata'afa and Holmes looked good. I want to see more out of them though.

Skol!

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 8:17 AM, vikingsrule said:

We've really only seen Sloter against 3rd string players. So it shouldn't be surprising that he looks so much better than everyone else. It would be nice to see him get second team reps against better competition. Mannion didn't look bad, so it's hard to justify demoting him.

I agree.  But, I wasn't all that impressed with Mannion either...he often looked stiff and immobile...like a poor man's Sam Bradford (with a worse arm and worse accuracy).  

• Like 2