Week 1: Saints (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

47 minutes ago, disaacs said:

The acquisition never made any sense.  Peterson's focus was more on location than even money or fit.  Since Houston and Dallas had no need for him, he chose the next closest option.

I also think ego played a major part in it. Peterson absolutely wanted to play for a team that was playing against the Vikings this season. 

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I also think ego played a major part in it. Peterson absolutely wanted to play for a team that was playing against the Vikings this season. 

One thing that may have played a bigger part than we know is that AD's wife wants to live in a warm climate.  It's something that the media never talks about, but I wonder how much of a role the wives play in team choices that great players make at the end of their careers.

46 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I wonder how much of a role the wives play in team choices that great players make at the end of their careers.

LaDanian Tomlinson would have finished his career as a Viking, but his wife pushed him to NYC.

conversely, Antoine Winfield's wife was central in getting him to sign with us.

The NFL fined Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro $24,309 for an illegal hit in Monday night’s season opener, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Media. Vaccaro had a vicious helmet hit on Vikings receiver Stefon Diggs in the second quarter of New Orleans’ loss. He drew an unnecessary roughness penalty, though it cost the Saints only 2 yards with the Vikings on the New Orleans 4 after Diggs 20-yard catch.

Rookie linebacker Alex Anzalone was flagged for a hit to the head of Vikings running back Dalvin Cook on an incomplete pass and PFT has confirmed with the league that Anzalone was fined $24,309.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/15/alex-anzalone-draws-fine-for-hit-on-dalvin-cook/

Archived