Week 1: Saints (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

23 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I tried to cut the cord and go without cable/directv, but I can't do it. I'm taking my account out of suspension today and getting ready to pay the ridiculous cost of watching out of market football games. 

Have you checked out Youtube TV? Looks cheaper than most cable options and get local TV as well as ESPN.

On 9/4/2017 at 10:59 AM, Robb_K said:

A.P. looked bad in pre-season games.  He hasn't got that quick first step anymore, and is behind a weak run blocking line.  So, I see him getting caught behind the line again this season, like he was during all his post-injury time with the Vikes. 

I'm worried about the game, though. because The Vikings' OL has looked TERRIBLE, and Bradford will have very little time to throw.  Their defence hasn't looked very good, and I'm worried that The Saints' high-powered passing game will chew them up.  They may get tired early from Bradford not being able to move the ball.  The Vikes NEED to win this game, if they want to make the playoffs. 

This is not accurate on many levels regarding Peterson. He has shown he still has a quick first step with the Saints in training camp, and even in the 1 preseason game he played he hit the hole hard, but there just weren't any holes against a talented Texans Defense with multiple starting Saints OL not playing. Mark Ingram also struggled in that game. That said the Saints actually have an above average to good Run Blocking Line. It hurts having Terron Armstead out, but they have a talented 1st round pick in Ryan Ramcyzk at LT, and added Larry Warford at Guard who should improve the OL for them. It is probably the best OL Peterson has played with in the past 5+ years.

44 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

That line looks bad to me, so its not saying much.

If you're referring to the Vikings I agree it's not looking good up front on the OL again this year. If you're referring to the Saints they have a good OL 

16 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

If you're referring to the Vikings I agree it's not looking good up front on the OL again this year. If you're referring to the Saints they have a good OL 

It looks fine when healthy, but Unger and Armstead are out. That's not good! 

At least the guards are good and Brees gets rid of ball quickly anyways.

18 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's fair. When healthy Saints have a pretty good line. Suppose at this point it is a bit of an unknown how they will play without those 2 starting.

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

This is not accurate on many levels regarding Peterson. He has shown he still has a quick first step with the Saints in training camp, and even in the 1 preseason game he played he hit the hole hard, but there just weren't any holes against a talented Texans Defense with multiple starting Saints OL not playing. Mark Ingram also struggled in that game. That said the Saints actually have an above average to good Run Blocking Line. It hurts having Terron Armstead out, but they have a talented 1st round pick in Ryan Ramcyzk at LT, and added Larry Warford at Guard who should improve the OL for them. It is probably the best OL Peterson has played with in the past 5+ years.

But the "talented" rookie has never seen Everson coming at him.  

7 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Have you checked out Youtube TV? Looks cheaper than most cable options and get local TV as well as ESPN.

YoutubeTV is great! Biggest drawback from a channel perspective is no NFL Network/RedZone, but I can get past that.

The location thing is a bummer too. I think it goes by where you are when you're watching. So if I travel to Chicago, I think I would end up with the Chicago locals, even though I signed up in Minnesota. Think this is the case because I was visiting my parents in NW MN when I initially tried to sign up, but it wouldn't let me sign up there because it's technically outside of the "MSP market" (by under a mile).

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Just an FYI, Unger isn't out. He's been back since right before Game 3 of the preseason. 

9 hours ago, SSK said:

Just an FYI, Unger isn't out. He's been back since right before Game 3 of the preseason. 

really? I looked online it didn't see an update and he's not listed as the starter on your depth chart, but ourlads has been wrong before. I would have thought he wouldn't be back till week 5!

thanks!

Archived