Causes for 2019 Concern: Volume II

soulman

My concerns are:

PI calls exactly like article said.  I said that a long time ago.

Our OTs and our OT depth.  Not that they are bad, but they dont match up well with great players, but who does.  Unfortunately we have a bunch of great edge defenders on schedule. 

TE depth.  We have one, maybe two injury prone TEs and no depth and drafted and signed no one of note. 

Thats it really.  I am not concerned with MT.  I know he will be up and down, that is who he is and who most QBs are to be honest.   I think he will be well above average, but not elite.  Still a lot better than most people give him credit for.

I am not concerned with kicker or our DC.  On contrary I know our DC is good and probably perfect for this team and Pinerio is uber talented.  He will have some misses, but he is a long term gem IMO. 

Other than that we have a loaded team.  Only Philly, New Orleans and LA really has a better or equal roster of talent top to bottom.   Atlanta and Cleveland have a boat load of talent, but they dont play like it.  

NE isnt that talented.  They are just super well coached and have Brady. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 5:15 PM, Epyon said:

The GM at the time just lacked the stones/foresight to move up and get his guy, something Pace has yet to do...

That's always been my feeling as well but if we had to settle for 2nd prize Fuller has been a good one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

That's always been my feeling as well but if we had to settle for 2nd prize Fuller has been a good one.

Fuller looked like a bust for most of 3 years.   Sometimes you have to be patient.  Hard to know when. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Fuller looked like a bust for most of 3 years.   Sometimes you have to be patient.  Hard to know when. 

That's why I'm a 3 year guy.  I'm willing be patient enough through 3 seasons but if by then a player hasn't ascended to become at least a dependable contributor or more it's time to move on......Adam Shaheen is now on stage for me.

On 8/5/2019 at 7:38 AM, dll2000 said:

My concerns are:

PI calls exactly like article said.  I said that a long time ago.

Our OTs and our OT depth.  Not that they are bad, but they dont match up well with great players, but who does.  Unfortunately we have a bunch of great edge defenders on schedule. 

TE depth.  We have one, maybe two injury prone TEs and no depth and drafted and signed no one of note. 

Thats it really.  I am not concerned with MT.  I know he will be up and down, that is who he is and who most QBs are to be honest.   I think he will be well above average, but not elite.  Still a lot better than most people give him credit for.

I am not concerned with kicker or our DC.  On contrary I know our DC is good and probably perfect for this team and Pinerio is uber talented.  He will have some misses, but he is a long term gem IMO. 

Other than that we have a loaded team.  Only Philly, New Orleans and LA really has a better or equal roster of talent top to bottom.   Atlanta and Cleveland have a boat load of talent, but they dont play like it.  

NE isnt that talented.  They are just super well coached and have Brady. 

Perhaps this has already been discussed but what about moving Patterson to TE? Borderline size, speed and intangibles. He would create some mismatches and puts another playmaker on the field. Just a thought.

1 minute ago, RunningVaccs said:

I think the same things that held Patterson back from ever really cementing a role as a WR or RB would apply to tight end (routes, discipline) but then be joined by the likelihood he wouldn't be much at blocking

True, seems he can only handle a minimum playbook.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dafreak said:

True, seems he can only handle a minimum playbook.

I'd say you nailed it.

Nagy has already spoken about making certain they limit what's on his plate and I can't honestly disagree.

We've already made him our #1 KR and a hybrid WR/RB with his own package of plays as well.  Although he could be used in place of Burton where do they find enough practice time for him to be proficient doing all of those things?

The bottom line here is Burton and Shaheen need to get past these injuries and start playing as expected or Pace will be recasting the TE position in 2020 just as he has the WR and RB spots this year and last. Lack of availability seems to annoy him.

6 hours ago, soulman said:

We've already made him our #1 KR and a hybrid WR/RB with his own package of plays as well.  Although he could be used in place of Burton where do they find enough practice time for him to be proficient doing all of those things?

I think he’d be fine getting Burton’s reps in obvious passing situations because route running is route running. Burton when flexed is basically just a big bodied WR anyway. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think he’d be fine getting Burton’s reps in obvious passing situations because route running is route running. Burton when flexed is basically just a big bodied WR anyway. 

Same size yeah but again Nagy has already said they're trying to keep him working on his own stuff.

Now, that's not to say if Burton somehow fails to stay healthy and deliver we may not see it later on.

12 hours ago, soulman said:

Same size yeah but again Nagy has already said they're trying to keep him working on his own stuff.

Now, that's not to say if Burton somehow fails to stay healthy and deliver we may not see it later on.

What I was trying to say was that some of what Burton does when flexed out will overlap with things already probably in Patterson’s package like slants and drags that will get him the ball quickly on the move, being the quick read throw on RPOs, etc. A lot of the concepts that we use are going to be the same across multiple personnel groupings. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

What I was trying to say was that some of what Burton does when flexed out will overlap with things already probably in Patterson’s package like slants and drags that will get him the ball quickly on the move, being the quick read throw on RPOs, etc. A lot of the concepts that we use are going to be the same across multiple personnel groupings. 

Well, Nagy also has said there isn't much Patterson can't do and Patterson says he's wants to be nicknamed "Damn" as is damn did you see that. xD

I'll leave it up to them to figure it out.  As far as I'm concerned Nagy offense is like a Rube Goldberg machine so who knows.  LOL

rubegoldberg-feature.jpg?w=620&h=465

Edited by soulman