2020 Draft Thread

Forge

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I just want some actual OL talent brought in. Doesn't have to be the 1st round. Having Compton compete for a G spot isn't an improvement over Person. 

WR is deep and for that I am grateful, especially if we trade down or go another route other than WR at 13 (please not CB that high! I really don't think there will be any available at that spot who are worth it! Those that might have been will be gone already.).

Only 2 corners that I would smile over at 13... Okudah and Henderson. 

I would be good with a number of OL scenarios.. Said before, I doubt we go OL at 13, and think it could happen anywhere from 31 on. I am good with 31 and even probably prefer a day 2 trade-back. 

I would love a scenario where we go

13) Ruggs-Lamb-Jeudy.. then

trade 31 for a pick in the 40s and pick up a day 2 pick

from there and throughout... snag a scheme suitable edge rusher, OL, IDL, and DB. ( BPA as it falls from those positions )

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh, he's the Tua of the WR class. I wouldn't touch until late 3rd at least. Too many other options@WR w/o the injury concerns imo. 

I agree. There's other receivers I like better. Outside of Mims, I think Shenault has one of the highest bust potentials. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh, he's the Tua of the WR class. I wouldn't touch until late 3rd at least. Too many other options@WR w/o the injury concerns imo. 

Yeah he has injury concerns but he also has a higher ceiling than others that will go in front of him. Honestly his injury history is basically what Deebo was last yr. 

56 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I agree. There's other receivers I like better. Outside of Mims, I think Shenault has one of the highest bust potentials. 

Even if this were true I'd rather take Shenault in the 3rd rd instead of Mims in the 1st rd. Mims is getting top 20-25 talk. 

11 minutes ago, sherm said:

Even if this were true I'd rather take Shenault in the 3rd rd instead of Mims in the 1st rd. Mims is getting top 20-25 talk. 

Yeah, no thanks on Mims that high. If we don't get Jeudy or Lamb, then sign me up for Reagor at the top of the second. If Ruggs falls into the late teens or early 20's, I'd jump on that as well.

39 minutes ago, sherm said:

3rd round is when I feel good about yoloing the draft. The 3rd round is made for guys like Shenault. Give me the talent and injury every time. That's why as bad as they turned out, I never hated the Brandon Thomas / Marcus Lattimore picks that Baalke was so fond of. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

3rd round is when I feel good about yoloing the draft. The 3rd round is made for guys like Shenault. Give me the talent and injury every time. That's why as bad as they turned out, I never hated the Brandon Thomas / Marcus Lattimore picks that Baalke was so fond of. 

He's gone in R2 IMO.  Don't think he's going to be there in R3.

Just now, CWood21 said:

He's gone in R2 IMO.  Don't think he's going to be there in R3.

Late round 2, early round 3 is what I am thinking. 

I was saying in general, round 3 is when I tend to throw caution to the wind a little more 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Late round 2, early round 3 is what I am thinking. 

I was saying in general, round 3 is when I tend to throw caution to the wind a little more 

Someone's going to gamble on him somewhere in that 40-60 range IMO.  There's too much talent to pass up, even if there's risk.  I think once you get past WR1-WR4, it's pretty much a personal preference.