2020 Draft Thread

Forge

I love looking at this and then comparing after the season. Last year I thought we’d be good at safety coming into this year and Colbert’s huge steps backwards changed that. I think we all knew edge would be needed. 

I’m betting on:

Spoon will be great this year and overall corner play with some of our younger depth will be better than expected. Corner won’t be top need but will definitely add in mid rounds. 

We will need a starting safety, but it will be to replace Tartt.  Moore will be a solid starter by end of year.  Injuries will plague the rest of our safeties and time to move on  

WR will be fine.  No one will be spectacular but we’ll have 3 or 4 #2 type guys which I’m good with.  I don’t think we need an elite guy, but will spread it out to a number of very good options.  I do believe Hurd will take away our need for another pass catching TE as well, even though he’ll be used primarily as a wide out.

Linebacker will need some help but can wait til late rounds or free agency.

Dare I say we’ll be able to wait one more year before replacing Staley?

Leaving our biggest need at safety and interior offensive line.  With the first two picks I think we go with these two spots, maybe even doubling up on the line if they prove to be as average at best as I think they’ll be. Hoping Tart can stay healthy and be the answer, but if not I’m guessing  we’ll need a safety next to Moore, who will emerge as an average starter this year.  Not spectacular, but good enough earn the role.

1. Guard

3. Safety

4. Center

5. CB

6. TE

7 & 7. Who cares, they won’t make the team.

Edited by straighthate
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 12:21 PM, mw2noobbuster said:

I could see us going for the CB position, especially if Verrett doesn't work out. Cameron Dantzler perhaps? 

Its still very early but some guys I like that could probably be had mid first or later...

Eric Stokes, Georgia

Kristian Fulton, LSU

Kindle Vildor, Georgia Southern

Jeff Gladney, TCU

Essang Bassey, Wake Forrest

Edited by 757-NINER

On 8/3/2019 at 2:54 PM, 757-NINER said:

Its still very early but some guys I like that could probably be had mid first or later...

Eric Stokes, Georgia

Kristian Fulton, LSU

Kindle Vildor, Georgia Southern

Essang Bassey, Wake Forrest

There is high hopes for him this year, he had a pretty steller second half of the season last year.

As the resident UGA guy I can tell everyone about guys we should be interested in:

S JR Reed- Fantastic player- H/W/S freak, he always seems to be in the right position at the right time. I'm not sure he is the single high safety that me and several other members have wanted, maybe he just makes it look too easy but I don't really see the range to his game that I would really want to see for us if we are going to do the single high safety coverages. Depending on the year he has I could see him going anywere from the latter part of the 1st to the 3rd.  

UGA has what might be the beginnings of a position group like the hogs for the Redskins at the offensive line, they have been recruiting elite of the elite talent all across the offensive line for 3 years now and I expect the next several years for UGA to be kind of like Wisconsin were those players are respected a bit more like LSU/Bama DBs, Clemson/Bama d-lineman, LSU wide recievers etc etc.

Anyway, next years crop includes Soloman Kindley (LG) dude is just a baller, UGA fans have been expecting the more hearlded recruits behind him to replace him for the past two seasons as he was "just" a three star guy. Long story short he has been one of UGA's best all around offensive linemen with some very good ones as competition. 

Ben Cleveland (RG), absolute monster of a man who is also as strong as they come. Has had some injury issues but if he is healthy, he is special.

Isiah Wilson (RT) I've heard rumblings that his future in the NFL is as a guard, I'm not sure exactly why because he has the size for tackle. Anyway if you want to read more about these guys, here is a link...

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-uga-kirby-cole-cubelic-thomas-kindley-cleveland-hill-mays-salyer

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 6:55 PM, y2lamanaki said:

All indications from beat writers are that the move is permanent. It's his natural position and Moore has admitted he is much more comfortable there. Apparently the move to CB in the first place was because of Coach Hafley and he has been replaced. Reed is also no longer at FS and is playing outside and nickel corner.

Praise be to the sensible coaching god. His name is Senselstilskin. Remembering his name is important when bartering for souls and such.

Edited by JIllg
personal preference
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, sherm said:

I didn't know Grant Delpit transferred to Virginia...lol

I do like Delpit alot but with PFF, its based on ratings from the previous year so its not necessarily saying he's the best talent. I don't think Hall will test as well athletically as Henderson or Fulton so I don't believe he'll be the first CB off the board. But I think overall, he's the best CB in college football and he should have great senior year. I think he ends up going top 20.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

Defensive watch list

Grant Delpit 
Bryce Hall
Chase Young
AJ Epenesa 
Raekwon Davis
Dylan Moses
CJ Henderson
Yetur Gross-Matos
Kristian Fulton
Xavier McKinney
Kenny Willekes
Derrick Brown
Isaiah Simmons
Nick Coe
Trevon Diggs
Jaylon Johnson
Brandon Jones
Javon Kinlaw 
Curtis Weaver
Paddy Fisher
Joe Gaziano

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

After watching the first two preseason games 

Needs for me are o line, o line and more o line. 

Could use first 3 picks on a guard, centre and replacement for staley and i would be happy with the draft. 

I will go out on a limb and say that they drafted McG to eventually replace Staley so the next OT we draft fairly high will be slotted for the right side. 

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I will go out on a limb and say that they drafted McG to eventually replace Staley so the next OT we draft fairly high will be slotted for the right side. 

I agree with you that this is true - they did likely draft McG to eventually move to LT. But if they draft a guy they like enough moving forward, they can leave McGlinchey on the right side. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...