2020 Draft Thread

Forge

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I could get excited about Wirfs if Lamb was gone. Or even if he wasn’t. As soon as I got through mourning.

Trust me, I'm fine with any of the top 3 WRs at #13, especially if we don't do anything else at that position until the draft. 

But Wirfs is a flat out stud. Didn't expect him to be that athletic. I like him better than Willis though he is also good. Haven't watched any of Thomas yet. I'm in on getting a T/G at #13. 

With Sanders now signing with the Saints, I would have to imagine that getting either Lamb or Jeudy has to be the main priority! I wouldn’t mind shoring up our oline, but I would be hyped with either one of those receivers! I’m leaning more towards Lamb. I just think with Shanny’s offense he’s able to get the ball out of Jimmy’s hand quick enough so we wouldn’t have to rely heavily on a great oline prospect. Not saying it couldn’t happen especially if both Jeudy or Lamb are both gone at 13. 

• Like 1

Just random thoughts. Has anyone looked at 1st rd wr recently? Lol it's not a good look. Way more misses than hits. Even some of the hits have been traded before their 2nd contract comes up. 

Odds say that of the top 3 guys(Lamb, Juedy and Ruggs) maybe only 1 will turn out to be worth their draft slot. 

Maybe the numbers show this with other positions also...just thought there seems to be a high miss rate for 1st wr.

C. Ridley, DJ Moore -18, C. Davis, J. Ross, M. Williams -17, L. Treadwell, C. Coleman, J. Doctson, W. Fuller -16, Cooper, K. White, D. Parker, B. Perriman, P. Dorsett, N. Agholor -15, Watkins, Evans, OBJ, B. Cooks, K. Benjamin -14. 

37 minutes ago, sherm said:

Just random thoughts. Has anyone looked at 1st rd wr recently? Lol it's not a good look. Way more misses than hits. Even some of the hits have been traded before their 2nd contract comes up. 

Odds say that of the top 3 guys(Lamb, Juedy and Ruggs) maybe only 1 will turn out to be worth their draft slot. 

Maybe the numbers show this with other positions also...just thought there seems to be a high miss rate for 1st wr.

C. Ridley, DJ Moore -18, C. Davis, J. Ross, M. Williams -17, L. Treadwell, C. Coleman, J. Doctson, W. Fuller -16, Cooper, K. White, D. Parker, B. Perriman, P. Dorsett, N. Agholor -15, Watkins, Evans, OBJ, B. Cooks, K. Benjamin -14. 

you can argue second round receivers have been  better, outside of 2014. You can even start in 2019. First rounders were Hollywood Brown (looked okay, but not "great) and Harry (overdrafted, and did not look good). Second round consisted of: 

• Deebo
  • AJ Brown
  • DK Metcalf
  • Mecole Hardman. 

There were guys who didn't show out as well, of course (Andy Isabella was a non factor; Campbell had some injury issues, offense issues; JJAW looks like a bust already he was so bad), but that appears to be a solid hit rate in the second round thus far. 

2018: 

• Courtland Sutton (broke out last year)
  • Dante Pettis (oof...this is going to look even worse in a moment)
  • Christian Kirk (not great, but very solid, could be a break out candidate this year)
  • Anthony Miller (came on very strong at the end of last year, saddled with Mitch Trubisky, but he looked ok)
  • James Washington (kind of meh, but big improvement, could be a solid #3 or reach okay #2 status)
  • DJ Chark (break out last year)

2017 - not super impressive, but when you consider it looks almost identical (if not a slight edge to the second round) to the first round so far. 

• Curtis Samuel (niche player imho)
  • JJSS  (looks like a stud) 
  • Zay Jones (ew)

2016 - Smashing, especially compared to that first round bust brigade

• Sterling Shephard (super solid #2)
  • Michael Thomas (arguably the best receiver in football)
  • Tyler Boyd (Underrated and very solid #2)

2015 - Okay, yeah, this was a disaster lol. Green - Beckham, Funchess, Devin Smith. But that first round hasn't been ideal, though Parker is starting ot pick it up and Cooper is really good obviously. 

2014 - This was actually a dynamite first round for receivers  (Watkins, OBJ, , but round 2 somehow has managed to keep it somewhat close

• Lee, Matthews, Richards had a couple of okay years. 
  • Adams, Landry, Allen Robinson have largely been very good throughout their career. 
  • Cody Latimer was a bust. 
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

Does no one think we should take Kinlaw at 13?

He's been mentioned, as have some of the offensive linemen. WR gets a lot of love because that is such a clear and obvious need across from Deebo for a super bowl contender. You could pass up Kinlaw at 13 and I Think a lot of people would still feel reasonably comfortable with the defensive line we put out there. 

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's been mentioned, as have some of the offensive linemen. WR gets a lot of love because that is such a clear and obvious need across from Deebo for a super bowl contender. You could pass up Kinlaw at 13 and I Think a lot of people would still feel reasonably comfortable with the defensive line we put out there. 

I feel we could rotate yes. But we need a disruptive force like we got rid of. Just my my opinion. Front four was our strength...

4 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

I feel we could rotate yes. But we need a disruptive force like we got rid of. Just my my opinion. Front four was our strength...

Truthfully, I don't think that is going to be kinlaw in year one, to be honest. No matter who drafts him. I think he's a year two player and beyond.

I'd be curious if we went with players like that if the fo feels the same

As an Iowa fan, I sure hope Epenesa is available at 31. A pass rush of Ford-Epenesa-Armstead-Bosa would be filthy.

Grabbing Lamb or Jeudy at 13 and Eppy at 31 would make struby3 a happy man and the Niners SB LV Champs!

9 hours ago, mrscottso said:

Does no one think we should take Kinlaw at 13?

Kinlaw has moved up my want board as soon as we got the 13th pick. No need to want a guy we couldn't have before that. Him and Brown both would strengthen our DL moving forward...though I expect Brown to be gone by our pick.

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

Anyone know what the comp pick do Sanders is?

We kind of got boned by the fact that Sanders signed a very reasonable contract with New Orleans. It’ll probably be a late round pick next year. 

8 hours ago, struby3 said:

As an Iowa fan, I sure hope Epenesa is available at 31. A pass rush of Ford-Epenesa-Armstead-Bosa would be filthy.

Grabbing Lamb or Jeudy at 13 and Eppy at 31 would make struby3 a happy man and the Niners SB LV Champs!

Sucks cuz I think he'll go after our top pick and before 31. Depends if we want AA to replace Buck full-time inside and then add another DE outside. We know healthy our 3rd down DL will be Bosa, AA and Ford on the outside. That 4th rusher will be a rotation of guys.