2020 Draft Thread

Forge

Im curious as to where ppl have AJ Terrell slotted. I think he's a solid CB at the next level and I wouldn't be mad if we took him@31 though it might be a slight reach. People have slotted anywhere from a late first to late 2nd. Thoughts?

I did a mock draft on PFN last night.

By pick 13 all of the top wrs were gone so I sent the pick to NE for 23, 2020 4th, 2021 2nd and 2021 6th since Herbert was still on the board at 13.

at 23, I picked Jalen Reagor

for pick 31, I shipped it out to TB for 45, 2020 4th and a 2021 3rd.

I wished I had the list of who I picked but I don't.

Thoughts on my trades and grill me for the Reagor pick if you must.

Jerry Jeudy
WR Alabama

Curtis Weaver
DE Boise State

Akeem Davis-Gaither
OLB Appalachian State

Larrell Murchison
DT NC State

Jonah Jackson
G Ohio State

Khalil Davis
DT Nebraska

Trey Adams
OT Washington

Myles Dorn
S UNC

Jacob Breeland
TE Oregon

Jon Runyan Jr.
G Michigan

Future picks acquried:

2021 MIA 3rd

2021 TB 4th  
    2021 DET 5th  
    2021 GB 6th  

Bored at work so I ran another one. I really don't know prospects too well outside to top 50-60 players so grill me if you must.

Traded 31 to the Bucs for 45/76/2021 4th.

Traded 45 to Miami for 56/2021 3rd.

Traded 56 to GB for 62/242/2021 6th - Probably could of gotten more here.. I misread the pick numbers lol.

I didn't acquire a 4th this year so that annoys me a bit.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Im curious as to where ppl have AJ Terrell slotted. I think he's a solid CB at the next level and I wouldn't be mad if we took him@31 though it might be a slight reach. People have slotted anywhere from a late first to late 2nd. Thoughts?

I like Terrell. He was the #1 corner for Clemson for a few years, so he's been in big games and big situations and he's handled himself very well for the most part. I think he's an early to mid 2nd rounder, but I could see teams get a bit desperate and take him late 1st. If we can swing a trade down from 31, Terrell, Blacklock, and Ruiz are my main targets at the top of the 2nd.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I did a mock draft on PFN last night.

By pick 13 all of the top wrs were gone so I sent the pick to NE for 23, 2020 4th, 2021 2nd and 2021 6th since Herbert was still on the board at 13.

at 23, I picked Jalen Reagor

for pick 31, I shipped it out to TB for 45, 2020 4th and a 2021 3rd.

I wished I had the list of who I picked but I don't.

Thoughts on my trades and grill me for the Reagor pick if you must.

I like Reagor but I think he would have been there at 31. Where there OT available at 13? 

What's everyone's thoughts on Trevon Diggs? I was doing research and it sounds like he's a very good zone defender with great size and athleticism. He's a little underdeveloped, but his strengths seem to line up with the type of corner we like. If we got him in the second, I think he would be in a great position to ease into playing time this year being behind Sherman, E-Man, and Spoon, as well as getting to learn how to be a clone of Sherman. 

I like someone like A.J. Terrell better in terms of being more well-rounded and pro-ready, but the more I read about Diggs, the more I think he's tailor-made for our scheme.

33 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Trevon Diggs? I was doing research and it sounds like he's a very good zone defender with great size and athleticism. He's a little underdeveloped, but his strengths seem to line up with the type of corner we like. If we got him in the second, I think he would be in a great position to ease into playing time this year being behind Sherman, E-Man, and Spoon, as well as getting to learn how to be a clone of Sherman. 

I like someone like A.J. Terrell better in terms of being more well-rounded and pro-ready, but the more I read about Diggs, the more I think he's tailor-made for our scheme.

There's a mock draft on Niner's Wire's site that has us taking Diggs at #13.  O.o That would seriously tick me off! CB should not be a 1st round concern, IMO. OL, WR, or perhaps DL (though I would prefer to wait a round or two for DL...).

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/25/nfl-draft-mock-49ers-trevon-diggs-brandon-aiyuk/

10 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

There's a mock draft on Niner's Wire's site that has us taking Diggs at #13.  O.o That would seriously tick me off! CB should not be a 1st round concern, IMO. OL, WR, or perhaps DL (though I would prefer to wait a round or two for DL...).

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/25/nfl-draft-mock-49ers-trevon-diggs-brandon-aiyuk/

Yuck, I don't like that draft at all. I'd love to get a DB in round 2. Terrell, Diggs, Dugger, or Ashtyn Davis.

From barrows:

A position that fans aren’t thinking of? Maybe offensive tackle. The 49ers definitely are doing research on some of the top tackles in this year’s draft.

Obviously he doesn't spend much time on here, because we are on it lol, but I thought the bolded was interesting

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

From barrows:

Obviously he doesn't spend much time on here, because we are on it lol, but I thought the bolded was interesting

Right, that was odd of him to think that fans aren't talking about a tackle early in the draft. Everyone knows Staley has one or at most two years left. Need to get a replacement and hopefully use the drafted tackle at guard for next season. I don't think many will be complaining on here if we end up with one of the top four tackles of the draft.