2020 Draft Thread

Forge

As I've always said, I think you should take a CB every draft for the simple fact that you can't have enough good ones. But man, Moseley's play has pushed CB further down the totem pole for me. I always liked him as a developmental player that could potential be the nickelback after we moved on from Williams. But he has looked sooooooo good as a starter on the outside, I really dont see how he's not our future starting CB. He's not as long as we like our outside guys but he's plenty fast and athletic, while being a very discplined and heady player. He really looks like a future Pro Bowler in this defense. I'm not sure what Sherman's future is past next season but E-Man and 'Spoon look like the future@CB. That drops CB alot further down my needs list. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

As I've always said, I think you should take a CB every draft for the simple fact that you can't have enough good ones. But man, Moseley's play has pushed CB further down the totem pole for me. I always liked him as a developmental player that could potential be the nickelback after we moved on from Williams. But he has looked sooooooo good as a starter on the outside, I really dont see how he's not our future starting CB. He's not as long as we like our outside guys but he's plenty fast and athletic, while being a very discplined and heady player. He really looks like a future Pro Bowler in this defense. I'm not sure what Sherman's future is past next season but E-Man and 'Spoon look like the future@CB. That drops CB alot further down my needs list. 

Yes and no. I agree Moseley play makes CB not a pressing need. But Sherm age makes it a need. Sherm, Spoon, Mos and KW are a nice top 4. But I agree we should take a flyer on day 3(not many picks this yr lol) CB. 

How many more years realistically we gonna have Staley? I was all on board with going with a couple interior lineman but the lines playing good all things considered. Maybe if a bit of a project that can sit the bench for a year is available when we pick (hopefully in the 2nd after a trade back) then I could see OT as our pick. 

Edited by straighthate

40 minutes ago, straighthate said:

How many more years realistically we gonna have Staley? I was all on board with going with a couple interior lineman but the lines playing good all things considered. Maybe if a bit of a project that can sit the bench for a year is available when we pick (hopefully in the 2nd after a trade back) then I could see OT as our pick. 

The end of his contract. So two more years

• 4 weeks later...

As others have mentioned, with the break out of Mosley, will corner still be our first priority in the draft? I would imagine receiver still has to be one of our top priorities. Sanders is about to be an FA unless we decide to resign him or just maybe, Amari could become a target if the Cowboys let him go. 

3 minutes ago, StevenK said:

As others have mentioned, with the break out of Mosley, will corner still be our first priority in the draft? I would imagine receiver still has to be one of our top priorities. Sanders is about to be an FA unless we decide to resign him or just maybe, Amari could become a target if the Cowboys let him go. 

As of now, I would not have CB as a strong priority, compared to OL or maybe WR. May even look to EDGE again. 

I really want Sanders back next yr, but as always, at what cost? That, we would have to wait and see. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 2:06 PM, nayad said:

If your'e looking for secondary help, Jevon Holland is the best i've seen in the PAC12 in a while. His season is probably over due to a leg injury so maybe he slides to the back half of the 1st but the dude is a top 10 player imo. 

I was wrong about the injury costing his season, but he's gonna be a fun one to keep an eye on todays game vs Utah. With the Tartt injury and Ward as a FA next year keep an eye on #8 for Oregon. 

10 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Man I would love to land Tee Higgins. I saw a couple of mocks with him going in the 20s. If he is even in the teens I’d be all about moving up to grab him.

We spend a 1st rounder on a WR and I'm gonna be pissed...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

We spend a 1st rounder on a WR and I'm gonna be pissed...

There's not guarantee that Sanders is back.  If he's back, it wouldn't make sense. If he's not, then I certainly get it. Pettis is a bust. Goodwin will be gone. We have no idea what hurd is. Taylor is a niche receiver who can't stay healthy, and Bourne is a number 4. 

• Like 1