2020 Draft Thread

Forge

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was just editing it to specify. It's about immediate impact for me, and I don't think that is kinlaw. He's got to cook. Lots to work on there. Brown won't have the total upside of kinlaw in the long-run, but I think he's going to hold up better to start in the NFL. He may ultimately mesh extremely well with the rest of the line as well

If we got interior DL, then I rather wait for #31 or trade down to take Elliot. I don't really see any reason to take Brown. 

I'm curious to see if Henderson or Fulton find themselves in the top 10-11 range. A couple of teams with CB needs and this is a value position, especially in today's NFL. 

Just now, Forge said:

I'd rather brown than kinlaw if we are going to go in that direction. 

Opposite for me lol. 

I want the raw freak with more potential ahead of him. 

But let's hope we go in a different direction come draft day. 

I agree with @J-ALL-DAY. Pass on brown. 

I think kinlaw could play 40% of the snaps and make some splash plays. He got doubled a lot in college. He won't get doubled here. Give Kocerick this kid and watch him flourish 

Wouldn't be the guy to get us over the hump year 1 necessarily, but he would have an immediate impact imo 

10 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If we got interior DL, then I rather wait for #31 or trade down to take Elliot. I don't really see any reason to take Brown. 

I'm curious to see if Henderson or Fulton find themselves in the top 10-11 range. A couple of teams with CB needs and this is a value position, especially in today's NFL. 

I'd rather take Ross Blacklock at 31 or at the top of the second. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'd rather take Ross Blacklock at 31 or at the top of the second. 

That's fine too. Just saying we can fill that position with a later pick. OT, WR or CB at #13!!! Let's speak this into existence!!!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's fine too. Just saying we can fill that position with a later pick. OT, WR or CB at #13!!! Let's speak this into existence!!!!! 

A corner at 13 is C.J. Henderson. I'm not seeing any other corner mentioned in the top 20 outside of Okudah and Henderson and Okudah is not falling to 13.

The consensus choices at OT, CB, and WR I've been seeing in a ton of mocks at 13 are:

• Jeudy
  • Lamb
  • Ruggs
  • Henderson
  • Thomas

One or possibly 2 of those WR's will not be available. In some mocks, the top 4 tackles are all gone and Josh Jones is the top tackle left. IMO, at 13, we're at the end of the tier 1 tackle run and at the beginning of the WR run. The corners will be taken sporadically because there's not a lot of top-end talent in that group.

9 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

A corner at 13 is C.J. Henderson. I'm not seeing any other corner mentioned in the top 20 outside of Okudah and Henderson and Okudah is not falling to 13.

The consensus choices at OT, CB, and WR I've been seeing in a ton of mocks at 13 are:

• Jeudy
  • Lamb
  • Ruggs
  • Henderson
  • Thomas

One or possibly 2 of those WR's will not be available. In some mocks, the top 4 tackles are all gone and Josh Jones is the top tackle left. IMO, at 13, we're at the end of the tier 1 tackle run and at the beginning of the WR run. The corners will be taken sporadically because there's not a lot of top-end talent in that group.

I've been big on Henderson for a while. Would not mind at all if we took him but Fulton is another really good corner. Not sure why people are sleeping on him. Those corners at LSU often times are on an island playing pure man to man coverage. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

tenor.gif

Depends on how they go about it. I don't love it at 13, he won't be there at 31. If they trade down from 13, I'm good with it. If they just flat out take him at 13, I won't like it. I will have higher graded tier players at that point

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Depends on how they go about it. I don't love it at 13, he won't be there at 31. If they trade down from 13, I'm good with it. If they just flat out take him at 13, I won't like it. I will have higher graded tier players at that point

Jones to me is my second favorite tackle behind Wirfs. Well, Thomas is right there too. But Jones is the real deal and is one of those guys who has that raw potential to only get better and better. Stud. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jones to me is my second favorite tackle behind Wirfs. Well, Thomas is right there too. But Jones is the real deal and is one of those guys who has that raw potential to only get better and better. Stud. 

Yeah, not the 13th best player in this draft for me. At all. 

40 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I've been big on Henderson for a while. Would not mind at all if we took him but Fulton is another really good corner. Not sure why people are sleeping on him. Those corners at LSU often times are on an island playing pure man to man coverage. 

I'm not really up-to-speed on the 1st round corners, but I think the knock on Fulton is that he's still kind of raw and has a lot of mental lapses. Also, how does he do in zone? When I'm looking at corners this year, I'm really trying to pay attention to how they play in zone, how is their tackling, and can they press on the outside. 

Those three things are why I love Harrison Hand in the 5th round. He's tailor-made for our defense.