2020 Draft Thread

Forge

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’d be pretty funny if the Colts trade you guys 34/44/4th Round Pick to get Pick 13 back/Jordan Love. But if that was the case, why not trade you that to begin for Buckner instead of 13? 

I think 31/34/44/4th Rounder works way better for you guys than 13/31 and then picking again in the 5th Round. 

Disagree. The value of the 13th pick is higher and you can trade down from there and pick up additional day two picks. And of course, can just stay put and grab a potential elite talent. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Disagree. The value of the 13th pick is higher and you can trade down from there and pick up additional day two picks. And of course, can just stay put and grab a potential elite talent. 

All of the elite guys will be gone by 13 minus WR’s. WR in the Top 15 is usually horrid value. Heck, WR in the 1st at all is usually horrid value. I don’t like Kinlaw in a 4-3. He’s a 3-4 DE all day to me. 

31. CB Jaylon Johnson

34. WR Brandon Aiyuk or Denzel Mims

44. OG/C Cesar Ruiz

4th Round: Insert 3T Project. 

Pretty sexy draft imo. 

57 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

The drops aren't really a concern for me. I've seen him make some really sick, acrobatic catches so I'm not overly critical. His are mostly concentration drops, not the 'he has stone hands' variety.

What I love is his combination of physical gifts to go along with his underrated route running. He's very saavy with how he sets up defenders. And his quickness for a guy his size is really rare. He's super physical against press off the line...maybe even a bit too physical. Crazy body control and catch radius. Watching him at the Senior Bowl just kind of brought it all together for me. He has too many tools in his toolbox to work with for him not be a first rounder imo.

We'll see. I am not buying him at all. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

All of the elite guys will be gone by 13 minus WR’s. WR in the Top 15 is usually horrid value. Heck, WR in the 1st at all is usually horrid value. I don’t like Kinlaw in a 4-3. He’s a 3-4 DE all day to me. 

31. CB Jaylon Johnson

34. WR Brandon Aiyuk or Denzel Mims

44. OG/C Cesar Ruiz

4th Round: Insert 3T Project. 

Pretty sexy draft imo. 

Henderson, one of the tackles and one of the top WRs can be possibly had at #13. Again though, to get day two picks the team can easily trade down from #13 to say #23 and pick up a 2nd rounder in the process. If Shanny/Lynch feel the value is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds? Then can trade down multiple times and do just that. But remember, this is a stacked roster with very few roster openings. You always want to accumulate picks, but getting day one contributors that fill needs>>>

• Like 1

Lamb or Jeudy at #13 or a small move back for Jefferson. Those are my top 3.

The spot opposite Deebo is the biggest hole on the team imo and Bourne is not the answer, although he is a excellent #3.

If we go another position at 13 then I would look at guy like Pittman in the second after a move back from #31.

6 hours ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

1. Ruggs: I'm coming around to the idea that Henry Ruggs is a real-deal top-10 prospect at receiver (though not the #1 on my board), and that Kyle thinks he can win with whichever of the receivers is left to us at #13. Ruggs is more than just fast. I used to think that Ruggs had a lot of bust potential, but I don't see it anymore. I think his combination of speed/strength/character will play well no matter who drafts him.

2. Thomas: could fill Staley's shoes, but isn't he mostly a RT?

3. Henderson: obvious BPA at a position of relative need

4. punt

Thomas played LT exclusively in college starting as a true freshman on a national championship (playing and losing) team. Not sure were the RT stuff is coming from. I've honestly shied away from liking Wirfs because of that but maybe I'm wrong with him.

13 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Thomas played LT exclusively in college starting as a true freshman on a national championship (playing and losing) team. Not sure were the RT stuff is coming from. I've honestly shied away from liking Wirfs because of that but maybe I'm wrong with him.

The thing with wirfs is that before the combine, I feel like most people thought he was going to be a guard at the next level. Now everyone is on him as arguably the top tackle prospect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ftn49 said:

It's Wirfs that I was thinking of, not Thomas.

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hearing a lot now about how Shanny may prefer someone like Pittman. Been saying this for damn near a month now. He to me was someone like Shanny would like more than others. 

what round is pittman supposed to be drafted in?

2 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

Wirfs played LT when Alaric Jackson was injured and excelled at it. They played around with the OL configuration in training camp and decided that Jackson was much more comfortable at LT than RT, so they just kept Wirfs at RT because it was best for the team. Wirfs can definitely play LT in the NFL...no doubt in my mind. He could also play RT, RG, or LG. He will be great wherever he lines up.

Speaking of Alaric Jackson, I think he is probably a day two pick next year. Kid is really good himself.

The closer the draft gets, the less enamored I am with taking a receiver at 13. It's kind of annoying, because I think there's a good chance that it is the most impactful pick available there unless someone like Wirfs falls. I really don't know where else to go though because I don't love Kinlaw for us at this spot. Really hoping we trade down from 13. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

The closer the draft gets, the less enamored I am with taking a receiver at 13. It's kind of annoying, because I think there's a good chance that it is the most impactful pick available there unless someone like Wirfs falls. I really don't know where else to go though because I don't love Kinlaw for us at this spot. Really hoping we trade down from 13. 

Overthinking it now lol. Don't mind moving down but want to see how the board falls first. 

• Like 2