2020 Draft Thread

Forge

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

More I watch Reagor, the more I think he is our pick late in the first round. He has to work on some things for sure but he's explosive and has the build that will make him a factor in the middle of the field. Reagor will be able to stretch the field and can even be used on a lot of those end arounds that we use Deebo on. Imagine Shanny getting creative there? And add in Hurd and it gets super fun! 

Question is we trade down, will he be available say in the mid-2nd round? 

I doubt it. He didn't run as fast as most expected so I don't kno if that scared some execs. He's blazing fast on film though. I think if you like him, you're better off still taking him in the first. Why wait and risk the chance of another team coming in and grabbing him before you do?

24 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I doubt it. He didn't run as fast as most expected so I don't kno if that scared some execs. He's blazing fast on film though. I think if you like him, you're better off still taking him in the first. Why wait and risk the chance of another team coming in and grabbing him before you do?

Totally agree. I even stated I hated the notion of predetermining a trade down without seeing who is available. 

Reagor plays faster than his 40 time for sure. Really nice fit in our offense. 

• Like 1

I haven’t been following the draft as closely this year. Life took over and depression from the SB. 

I’d be money we’re going to trade back, possibly twice. Do you guys think Delpit has a chance to drop into the second ?

42 minutes ago, John232 said:

I haven’t been following the draft as closely this year. Life took over and depression from the SB. 

I’d be money we’re going to trade back, possibly twice. Do you guys think Delpit has a chance to drop into the second ?

Yes, though I don't know what our interest is

I could see the team going safety if they suspect Tartt will be returning the following season. I do NOT expect them to draft Delpit just because Ward may leave elsewhere. If we go secondary, I think better chance we go CB, though I guess it all depends on how the draft goes and who the highest on the board is. 

REALLY want to shore up our interior OL though. So sick and tired of seeing any good interior DL just wreck our offense. Our bookends even if Staley is soon gone is going to be just fine with McGlinchey and Brunskill, but not faith with the interior OL. 

Will not be counting out going DL early in the draft either. Could lose both Armstead/Ford in consecutive seasons. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I could see the team going safety if they suspect Tartt will be returning the following season. I do NOT expect them to draft Delpit just because Ward may leave elsewhere. If we go secondary, I think better chance we go CB, though I guess it all depends on how the draft goes and who the highest on the board is. 

REALLY want to shore up our interior OL though. So sick and tired of seeing any good interior DL just wreck our offense. Our bookends even if Staley is soon gone is going to be just fine with McGlinchey and Brunskill, but not faith with the interior OL. 

Will not be counting out going DL early in the draft either. Could lose both Armstead/Ford in consecutive seasons. 

Free agency is also littered with guys that may fall through the cracks again to bring on cheap, competent replacements for Ward and provide veteran competition for Moore if need be. Jones. Bell. Ward, of course. Boston. Clinton Dix. A starter capable talent is going to fall through the cracks. If they want a reclamation type project, someone like Karl Joseph on something nearly the vet minimum could make sense as some depth and competition.

If one of the team's drafting in the top 10 in the second round offered their 2021 first round draft pick for #31, would anyone be against it? that's what im hoping actually happens. Doubt that it will but im hoping.

2 hours ago, dan77733 said:

If one of the team's drafting in the top 10 in the second round offered their 2021 first round draft pick for #31, would anyone be against it? that's what im hoping actually happens. Doubt that it will but im hoping.

In that case you are completely throwing away the draft this year. But I think depending on who makes that offer, Shanny/Lynch will look hard at doing just that. 

More likely we trade down and end up with multiple day 2 picks and go from there. 

12 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

In that case you are completely throwing away the draft this year. But I think depending on who makes that offer, Shanny/Lynch will look hard at doing just that. 

More likely we trade down and end up with multiple day 2 picks and go from there. 

I agree with you in regards to what the team most likely ends up doing but throwing away this year's draft would depend of what happens at next year's draft. But we'll see.

Trading this years first for a future first would suck this year, but imagine if it ended up being the #1 overall in Trevor Lawrence’s draft. Either take him and groom him behind Jimmy or get possibly the biggest bounty for a pick ever. But yeah I would consider it depending on who is on the board and if the team trading threw in another pick in the middle rounds maybe. It’d be hard to do a 1-1 for me because you are basically betting on that other team to suck next year while giving them ammo to get better. 

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's would have to 2021 1st plus a 2020 pick. Can't just trade this year's first for a future first. 

Why can't you? I'd take that trade all day straight up if I thought that pick had the chance to end up in the top 12 or so. 

Not going to lie, I really want Trevor Lawrence as I believe he will be better than any QB in this year's draft or even last year's draft. Could get a 2nd for Jimmy G in 2021 and clear $20m in cap room, continue keeping the young core intact while the franchise QB is under a rookie deal for 4 years plus that 5th year option. Oh boy!!! Oh boy!!! I'm hyping myself up too much. :(

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Why can't you? I'd take that trade all day straight up if I thought that pick had the chance to end up in the top 12 or so. 

Value of this year's first is going to be higher. No guarantee where a team ends up falling to. You see teams trading 2nd rounders for future firsts, but when is the last time you have seen a straight up current 1st rounder traded for future 1st rounder?