2020 Draft Thread

Forge

6 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

The problem is, there are any stud D-Lineman to pick at 13. Chaisson and Kinlaw would be the best of the bunch. Epenesa's stock is free-falling, and I'm hearing rumors that teams think Derrick Brown is overvalued and not much more than a run stopper. 

Like I said, if we stick at 13, I think the best value is taking one of Jeudy, Ruggs, or Lamb. 

If Kinlaw is there, he should definitely be in the conversation with the WRs...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Like I said, if we stick at 13, I think the best value is taking one of Jeudy, Ruggs, or Lamb. 

I do believe that there is a fairly reasonable probability that we could move down from 13 and still get one of those three fairly easily. Jeremiah has Ruggs and Lamb at 17 & 18. Charles Davis has Ruggs going in the mid 20's (fifth receiver off the board...not even sure what he's looking at there). Bucky has ruggs at 21. 

So I don't think it's at all unreasonable that we move down from 13 if the target is a wide receiver. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I do believe that there is a fairly reasonable probability that we could move down from 13 and still get one of those three fairly easily. Jeremiah has Ruggs and Lamb at 17 & 18. Charles Davis has Ruggs going in the mid 20's (fifth receiver off the board...not even sure what he's looking at there). Bucky has ruggs at 21. 

So I don't think it's at all unreasonable that we move down from 13 if the target is a wide receiver. 

I don't doubt that one bit. I fully expect the niners to be flush with picks next month.

5 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

Who else goes WR before 13?

Cards just got Hopkins so that's them sorted

Jets may go wr

Raiders will pick one but may wait till #19.

I mean, there are a couple of teams that *could* go wr, but nothing is really a given, so hard to say. Would it be super surprising if the Raiders were the first to go receiver at #12? I don't think so. But would I be shocked if Jax went wide receiver? Not really, though I think it's unlikely with Chark's emergence last year. If the Jets lose Anderson, they could certainly go WR, though they have bigger needs as well. 

I think with the addition of Hopkins, the Cards are probably going elsewhere. For the safety of their quarterback, it should be offensive line. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I mean, there are a couple of teams that *could* go wr, but nothing is really a given, so hard to say. Would it be super surprising if the Raiders were the first to go receiver at #12? I don't think so. But would I be shocked if Jax went wide receiver? Not really, though I think it's unlikely with Chark's emergence last year. If the Jets lose Anderson, they could certainly go WR, though they have bigger needs as well. 

I think with the addition of Hopkins, the Cards are probably going elsewhere. For the safety of their quarterback, it should be offensive line. 

That's what I mean...

Raiders are the most likely to go wr imo.

Jets and Cards both need OL help, Jags need pretty much everything..lol.

I don't see one going top 10 so raiders take lamb, we take Jeudy or vice versa.

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

I don't believe we keep pick 31 I think we try and get a WR 

My thinking as well.

And don't count out taking Staley's replacement at #13 if we get a WR with the #31 pick. Supposedly one of the best tackle drafts in YEARS. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 2

Something to consider if we trade a first round pick for a WR like Diggs or OBJ -

With Deebo on the team, we would be highly unlikely to draft a WR with the other first. Too much would be tied up in the WR with the large contract, Deebo, and Kittle. At least one would think. 

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

I don't believe we keep pick 31 I think we try and get a WR 

Im curious of this as well. We started the day with a 1st round pick and nothing until the 5th. NOW, we have two 1sts and the ability to move around.

BUT, lets say we had a 1st and 2nd, then our 5th round a beyond coming into the day.....would you still be wanting to add picks considering there arent that many holes to fill. I wouldnt think it would be out of the question for the Niners to stay at #13 and #31 (i doubt they will), but having those two firsts that should be earlier contributers if not starters, then the rest of the pick from the 5th on, thats still not bad.

Just thinking of positions that we could draft immediate starters: CB, WR, Safety, OG, DT, EDGE? Sound about right?

9 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Im curious of this as well. We started the day with a 1st round pick and nothing until the 5th. NOW, we have two 1sts and the ability to move around.

BUT, lets say we had a 1st and 2nd, then our 5th round a beyond coming into the day.....would you still be wanting to add picks considering there arent that many holes to fill. I wouldnt think it would be out of the question for the Niners to stay at #13 and #31 (i doubt they will), but having those two firsts that should be earlier contributers if not starters, then the rest of the pick from the 5th on, thats still not bad.

Just thinking of positions that we could draft immediate starters: CB, WR, Safety, OG, DT, EDGE? Sound about right?

my 2 cents: I doubt we would expect or force immediate starter from most of these positions. WR would be the only likely spot, imo. 

No problem, should they choose to stay put and draft 13,31, then the later picks. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

My thinking as well.

And don't count out taking Staley's replacement at #13 if we get a WR with the #31 pick. Supposedly one of the best tackle drafts in YEARS. 

Yes. And Wirfs and Wills would both be superb guards this year before kicking out.

• Like 1