2020 Draft Thread

Forge

2 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I would put Juedy as 1A and Lamb as 1B, im not a fan of Ruggs.

Juedy seems like the more pro-ready route runner and his running after the catch is great, very unique body movement. Lamb is a little less polished, but is more of a home-run threat and a bit more physical.

The type of WR Ruggs is scares the hell outta me, I dont trust the thinly-built speedsters (John Ross). But Hollywood Brown had a decent season for a similar type of WR. I guess I would sacrifice a little speed for more physicality

Pretty accurate....we think alike

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

:( Now we are in the region of where Lamb might be available??! Aw, c’mon man! I had already relegated myself to a Lamb-less draft. Now it’s plausible? My emotions are a yo-yo. :$

Yes. 

The raiders will almost certainly take one at 12, I have to think. But could be jeudy

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

:( Now we are in the region of where Lamb might be available??! Aw, c’mon man! I had already relegated myself to a Lamb-less draft. Now it’s plausible? My emotions are a yo-yo. :$

Don't take the bait...lol 

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Right. I was kind of indifferent to this draft up to this point for two reasons:

1- That Super Bowl crushed my will to live for a few weeks so I didn’t want to see anything about football during that time frame

2- We we’re picking so late (one pick to early) and only had one pick in the first two days

I’m definitely going to be watching some cut-ups now that we have a highish pick. As of right now Lamb is my dream scenario. It fun to be excited about the offseason again! It’s sucks it had to come at the expense of DeFo, but it is what it is at this point. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295eb0545450d3859b86

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes. 

The raiders will almost certainly take one at 12, I have to think. But could be jeudy

If Al was still around we know exactly who they’d take. I think best case scenario is a defensive player they value falls to them at 12. They pick at 19 as well so they could take whoever is left of the top three at that pick as well. 

I know we're gonna see wr being mocked to us at pick 13 until sign a wr in FA. My thought is we can add DL/OL there and wait on wr. I'm a huge Lamb guy and wouldn't be mad if we took him but also know this wr class is deep. 

Now that I can dream big me thinks Javon Kinlaw is gonna get some love from me. 

27 minutes ago, sherm said:

I know we're gonna see wr being mocked to us at pick 13 until sign a wr in FA. My thought is we can add DL/OL there and wait on wr. I'm a huge Lamb guy and wouldn't be mad if we took him but also know this wr class is deep. 

Now that I can dream big me thinks Javon Kinlaw is gonna get some love from me. 

I'm very nervous about who's going to be our 3tech. Kinlaw would certainly calm those nerves.

7 hours ago, SFrush said:

I'm very nervous about who's going to be our 3tech. Kinlaw would certainly calm those nerves.

I'm thinking we could run with Solomon Thomas, re-sign Day, and get Julian Taylor back late in the season. Maybe draft a 3-tech in the middle rounds or sign a FA too. Run with that this season and see if Thomas is actually worth his cap hit. If not, he's off the roster next offseason and could invest more heavily in the position. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm thinking we could run with Solomon Thomas, re-sign Day, and get Julian Taylor back late in the season. Maybe draft a 3-tech in the middle rounds or sign a FA too. Run with that this season and see if Thomas is actually worth his cap hit. If not, he's off the roster next offseason and could invest more heavily in the position. 

For the life of me I hope that's not the plan. He's a rotational player at best.

20 minutes ago, Swift21 said:

For the life of me I hope that's not the plan. He's a rotational player at best.

I think we’re going to find that out early in the season. I’m betting our staff is going to give him every opportunity to win that job.

I really don’t think we need to draft another 3T high. We have drafted well there (sans Thomas). We also picked up Zettel who may come back and he’s fully capable of doing the outside end, inside 3 tech in a rotation too. We have the depth and players to still field a very good defensive line. Our biggest issue last year, imo was Fords health. When he was there, he was as advertised but I worry more about having another good speed presence.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I think we’re going to find that out early in the season. I’m betting our staff is going to give him every opportunity to win that job.

Our run defense was middle of the pack with Buck. Put in Solly in his place and it will get worse. That can't be the replacement.