2020 Draft Thread

Forge

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Oh, the receivers have been there, but it's more about the likes of Okudah and Wirfs being there instead. Using the fanspeak one. Higgins has been gone by 31 in the drafts. I don't love Reagor, but I do think that he's a guy that Shanny would like. 

Got ya. It seems like Okudah goes before I pick every time on thedraftnetwork and CeeDee is always gone to the Jets and Ruggs to the Raiders. Doesn't really seem to change much in the versions I've ran. If you are into getting a top OT though, there is usually one available; usually Thomas or Wills. I will have to check out fanspeak. 

2 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Got ya. It seems like Okudah goes before I pick every time on thedraftnetwork and CeeDee is always gone to the Jets and Ruggs to the Raiders. Doesn't really seem to change much in the versions I've ran. If you are into getting a top OT though, there is usually one available; usually Thomas or Wills. I will have to check out fanspeak. 

The fanspeak one is kind of nice because you can set the big board to various people / website big boards, so some things are slightly different. If you use Matt Millers big board, someone may be available at 31 that wouldn't be available if you used Drafttek's, for example. It adds some variance to it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The fanspeak one is kind of nice because you can set the big board to various people / website big boards, so some things are slightly different. If you use Matt Millers big board, someone may be available at 31 that wouldn't be available if you used Drafttek's, for example. It adds some variance to it. 

Yeah, this is the one I was poking around last year, I just couldn't remember what it was called. I do like the fact you can change the big boards on this site. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

And you can set it to Random and get a wide variety of draft options playing out. The premium trade option is kind of hilarious. I'm not sure if it's completely busted or strangely prescient. When I am offered trades, they are usually absurdly good for me. When I offer them, they have to be absurdly bad. 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Every time I run a mock draft, I end up with Okudah or a tackle at 13 lol. I haven't ended up with a receiver once yet

Usually end up with Reagor at 31

Are you using TDN? You have to refresh their page every time, after a couple restarts without refreshing it gets really funky. Had Burrow drop to 13 multiple times like that.

27 minutes ago, John232 said:

Are you using TDN? You have to refresh their page every time, after a couple restarts without refreshing it gets really funky. Had Burrow drop to 13 multiple times like that.

I've had loads of issues with that site. I got the premium version for this month to play around with trades and the trade logic is really screwy. Also, it kept logging me out, even in the middle of drafts. I couldn't complete a trade or use my custom big boards because it wouldn't keep me logged in. 

Also, the Redskins kept taking Lamb at 2 like half of the mocks I do. 

25 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

wouldnt be shocked. Joe getting up there 

I honestly wonder if he has already told the team he is retiring. Then they asked him to not say anything so that we could draft a tackle and not have someone trade up in front of us. 

Staley was hurt all of last season. He even left the game in the Superbowl. He might already be done 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

I honestly wonder if he has already told the team he is retiring. Then they asked him to not say anything so that we could draft a tackle and not have someone trade up in front of us. 

Staley was hurt all of last season. He even left the game in the Superbowl. He might already be done 

I wasn't aware of this until @y2lamanaki told me this yesterday (yep, subtle hint of what is coming)

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

I'm pretty sure the team already acknowledged that Staley is coming back this coming season I believe it was the combine.

I will say that if we prefer the tackle (over say the receivers or defensive linemen) no shot that we trade down from 13 if one makes it there. You can't take that chance with a tackle. Gamble on the receivers? I get that. No way with the tackle. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm pretty sure the team already acknowledged that Staley is coming back this coming season I believe it was the combine.

Lynch has said that he's confident Staley will be back, but there has not yet been any actual confirmation from Staley about it. 

• Like 2