2020 Draft Thread

Forge

13 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

The thing with Jones is he's a much better run blocker than pass protector at this point. Kind of like McG was regarded as a prospect. If he were more stout in pass pro, I would be more inclined to reach. But taking him@13 you have to believe he will get there in terms of being a pass protector. Its a gamble. 

To me he is just fine as a pass blocker and from what I've seen, is better there than as a run blocker. His run blocking was very impressive from what I seen but apparently he wasn't nearly as good at it the prior two years. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's also insanely sloppy. Feet, hands...just all over the place. That's a bit of a concern given his experience..it either speaks to him, or to his coaching. I can't really say which, to be honest. Jones is a guy I would feel better about if I were there in his interviews and the like. 

Not saying I'm an expert at scouting OL or anything, but yeah I wasn't seeing what you're seeing. But hey, I may be completely wrong here and he would be a huge reach at #13.

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's also insanely sloppy. Feet, hands...just all over the place. That's a bit of a concern given his experience..it either speaks to him, or to his coaching. I can't really say which, to be honest. Jones is a guy I would feel better about if I were there in his interviews and the like. 

I agree. And its one of the reasons why I think he was slotted as 2nd day guy. But he was impressive at the Senior Bowl. That really changed my stance on him. So if you believe what you saw there, will only get better with pro tutelage, I can see why alot teams suddenly have him climbing up their boards. But I agree, 13 would be a little too rich for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Dude is 6'8. Even if he were playing@389, I dont believe it would hinder him like at all. How light he is on his feet is extrodinary for a guy his size. You really have to dig into his film to really get an appreciation of how effortlessly he moves and mirrors and with the casual power he plays with. He's just tossing DTs like he's pushing a grocery cart...no real effort involved. Physically he has what none of the other OTs posses.

My concern isn't about his movement which for a guy his size is exceptional and even if he where lighter would be great. Just physically that much weight pushing down our your knees and ankles hightens the injury risk and overall longevity. Besides that i just like the other three better. And with Jones i think they are really at a comparable level.

Edited by Justone2

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

My concern isn't about his movement which for a guy his size is exceptional and even if he where lighter would be great. Just physically that much weight pushing down our your knees and ankles hightens the injury risk and overall longevity. Besides that i just like the other three better. And with Jones i think they are really at a comparable level.

If he were playing basketball, I could see your point. I understand him managing his weight could be a concern for some...but not me. I think he'll be fine. Showed up overweight as a incoming freshman, corrected it and it was a non-issue his next two years in college. Once he's able to afford his own personal nutritionist and chef to keep him on course, I dont think its anything that would cause concern down the road. 

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

I would too, honestly. I like both, but I like Terrell more. He just seems like he's more polished and has been the #1 on a top team for like 3 years now.

Terrell isn't bad but I don't think he's better than Fulton. Both can be late 1st round targets though. 

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Shanahan gonna take another runningback?

Kyle will prob add another RB either 7th rd or UDFA. With our needs and the production he gets from late rd guys I don't see a day 1 or 2 RB for us.

• Like 1

Depends on how the draft falls WR, OG, DT and CB will be our top 4 picks. I can see a trade back once to add a day 2 pick. Then we can fill 3 of the 4 spots with some good talent. If we stick with both 13 and 31 my guess would be one offense and the other defense. Don't see them double dip on either side of the ball. 

11 minutes ago, sherm said:

Kyle will prob add another RB either 7th rd or UDFA. With our needs and the production he gets from late rd guys I don't see a day 1 or 2 RB for us.

I think he might be tired of not having a RB who can't catch passes. None of our guys are threats there 

We have spent a lot of money at the position and we also drafted Joe Williams in the third. That's a fair amount of asset allocation. 

I have been asking for a top flight running back since the night of the Superbowl. Let's get an absolute stud there and take our run game to another level. 

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Shanahan gonna take another runningback?

I LOVE CEH 

he's #1 on my wish list this year at RB. Dude had the best feet I've ever seen. I just don't see a way we get him though, he's gonna get drafted in the top 45 picks I think. We aren't going to have 3 picks in the top 45 I don't think. You just know some team out there will fall in love with him 

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

I think he might be tired of not having a RB who can't catch passes. None of our guys are threats there 

I'm assuming that you are excluding Jet because of the injury? Because obviously Jet is a threat in that manner. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm assuming that you are excluding Jet because of the injury? Because obviously Jet is a threat in that manner. 

Pretty much, yes. The guy hasn't played football in 2 years and his skills were predicated on his physical ability. If he's the only receiving RB we "add" this off-season I will be very surprised.

We got burned on that one that last two years. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times?? Hope not 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Darrynton Evans is the guy that I Had pegged as a Shanny favorite in this draft in the middle late rounds if we wanted to go running back. The versatility as a kick returner is nice. 

Evans is my guy. Thanks to @jrry32 for telling me to look at him. Evans is the real deal. Would be pumped. Moss looked like a viable option as well 

Evans didn't catch a lot of passes because his QB never looked at him but there were plenty of times he was open. I think he has the skills to be great in that department.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Pretty much, yes. The guy hasn't played football in 2 years and his skills were predicated on his physical ability. If he's the only receiving RB we "add" this off-season I will be very surprised.

We got burned on that one that last two years. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times?? Hope not 

Evans is my guy. Thanks to @jrry32 for telling me to look at him. Evans is the real deal. Would be pumped. Moss looked like a viable option as well 

Evans didn't catch a lot of passes because his QB never looked at him but there were plenty of times he was open. I think he has the skills to be great in that department.

Evans looked good catching the ball when I watched him.

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Perfect fit for shanny