2020 Draft Thread

Forge

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Fine by me. I even said if we want to take an IDL, that we can get someone like Elliot with our 2nd pick. 

Out of Elliott, Blacklock, Gallimore, Madubuike and Raekwon Davis, which one is the better fit?

Edited by NcFinest9erFan

On 8/2/2019 at 2:32 PM, rudyZ said:

Who can we get at the bottom of the first?

There are some intriguing OT [Jones, Jackson, etc.] and CB prospects [Fulton, Diggs, Terrell, etc.] that may fall in that range. Cesar Ruiz is an interesting C/G prospect who the 49ers could probably trade down into the 2nd and still get. There are some interesting WRs [Jefferson, Shenault, Aiyuk, Mims] who could be there if a WR isn't taken at #13. Lots of ways it could go, but my guess is that if they take somebody at #13, they'll be trading out of #31. Could see it being a pretty brisk market, especially if Jordan Love is still on the board.

19 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Out of Elliott, Blacklock, Gallimore, Madubuike and Raekwon Davis, which one is the better fit?

I haven't watched all of them but I like Elliot the most from the ones I've watched....Blocklock looks good as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Barrows did a mock draft:

He has us taking Lamb at 13 with Jeudy going a pick before.

He has us trading 31 and a fifth to Houston for 40 and 90 and selecting Jordan Elliott from Missouri.

Part of me thinks if we do want a WR and Jeudy goes before our pick, its going to be Ruggs over Lamb. Its just hard to gauge right now because Goodwin is still on the roster and that's what's throwing me for a loop. If Goodwin sticks around, they should want the best WR on the board, which would be Lamb. But part of me believes Shanny wants that dynamic playmaker who can terrioze teams vertically. That role used to go to Goodwin. And if he sticks around, the thinking is Shanny must have faith that he can put 2019 behind him and regain his 2017-2018 form. Benjamin is just back-up in my eyes. Any production we get out him will be a surprise. But if we were to move on from Goodwin, Ruggs makes a ton of sense. Or we could try to get a guy like Reagor@31. It just really depends who's available@13 and if they really want a OT or WR. 

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

That last part is what gets me. Sure the top three are Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs but this is such a deep WR class that it makes me wonder if they would trade down if their top targets are gone at 13.

Crazy thing is we could trade back from 13 trade back from 31 and be super aggressive In the 2nd, 3rd and 4th round. Because we don't need 10+ players from this draft.

• Like 1

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Crazy thing is we could trade back from 13 trade back from 31 and be super aggressive In the 2nd, 3rd and 4th round. Because we don't need 10+ players from this draft.

Let's say our top two WR targets are one of the Bama WRs. What if they both are gone and Lamb is there and a WR need team like Philly calls? We could net pick 21/53/future pick?

11 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

That last part is what gets me. Sure the top three are Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs but this is such a deep WR class that it makes me wonder if they would trade down if their top targets are gone at 13.

Shanny probably likes specific guys, and not others, and we'll never know exactly what his preferences are. There's always a scenario where you'll wanna trade out of the pick, if the value in the draft is not at a position you want/need.

Maybe Shanny loves Denzel Mims, or Brandon Aiyuk? Maybe he likes all of the top-3 guys, or maybe he has no intention of taking a WR at #13 under any circumstances? I recall Pettis seeming to come out of nowhere, while the team did tip its hand a bit that it liked Deebo last year. Haven't heard any scuttlebutt about who they like this year. My guess is that Shanny has them ordered Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs, and will take whichever of them falls to him, but we shall see.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Let's say our top two WR targets are one of the Bama WRs. What if they both are gone and Lamb is there and a WR need team like Philly calls? We could net pick 21/53/future pick?

I think it is more likely if one of the tackles Shanny really likes, then he moves down. I mean could be that or a WR he thinks is above the rest. 

But I'm not really sure I need multiple trade downs to accumulate draft picks. I mean it makes sense to get in the mid rounds so one trade down is fine, but this is a stacked roster with limited open roster spots. I'd even be fine with trading down from #13 and then trading #31 for 2021 1st rounder. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

Shanny probably likes specific guys, and not others, and we'll never know exactly what his preferences are. There's always a scenario where you'll wanna trade out of the pick, if the value in the draft is not at a position you want/need.

Maybe Shanny loves Denzel Mims, or Brandon Aiyuk? Maybe he likes all of the top-3 guys, or maybe he has no intention of taking a WR at #13 under any circumstances? I recall Pettis seeming to come out of nowhere, while the team did tip its hand a bit that it liked Deebo last year. Haven't heard any scuttlebutt about who they like this year. My guess is that Shanny has them ordered Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs, and will take whichever of them falls to him, but we shall see.

And Kyle did admit that us taking Deebo had a lot to do with the senior bowl

19 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah, the thing that gets me is how many 2nd-3rd round WR's have really shined the last few years. Yes, I am a big fan of Juedy and wouldn't be mad if we picked up Lamb either, BUT given how deep this draft is especially at WR and other positions that are particularly of need for the Niners, cant help but think we could really set this team up for the future if we trade back....if every pick pans out.

We could really stack some early round talent by trading back from #13 and trade back again from #31, we may only grab one first rounder this year, but we could pick up two 2nd rounders and and two 3rd rounders....leaving this draft with one pick in the first, two in the second and three in the 3rd, that leads to an influx of young talent.

31 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Part of me thinks if we do want a WR and Jeudy goes before our pick, its going to be Ruggs over Lamb. Its just hard to gauge right now because Goodwin is still on the roster and that's what's throwing me for a loop. If Goodwin sticks around, they should want the best WR on the board, which would be Lamb. But part of me believes Shanny wants that dynamic playmaker who can terrioze teams vertically. That role used to go to Goodwin. And if he sticks around, the thinking is Shanny must have faith that he can put 2019 behind him and regain his 2017-2018 form. Benjamin is just back-up in my eyes. Any production we get out him will be a surprise. But if we were to move on from Goodwin, Ruggs makes a ton of sense. Or we could try to get a guy like Reagor@31. It just really depends who's available@13 and if they really want a OT or WR. 

I would agree with this. I  have nothing to base this off of, just my own opinion, but I do believe that Shanny would like each of the Alabama guys over Lamb. 

• Like 1

A.J. Terrell
CB Clemson

Justin Madubuike
DT Texas A&M

Kyle Dugger
S Lenoir Rhyne

Brandon Aiyuk
WR Arizona State

Hunter Bryant
TE Washington

Larrell Murchison
DT NC State

Nick Harris
C Washington

James Smith-Williams
DE NC State

Juwan Johnson
WR Oregon

Michael Warren II
RB Cincinnati

D.J. Wonnum
DE South Carolina

2021 NO 2nd  
    2021 HOU 4th  
    2021 TB 4th  
    2021 NO 5th

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

A.J. Terrell
CB Clemson

Justin Madubuike
DT Texas A&M

Kyle Dugger
S Lenoir Rhyne

Brandon Aiyuk
WR Arizona State

Hunter Bryant
TE Washington

Larrell Murchison
DT NC State

Nick Harris
C Washington

James Smith-Williams
DE NC State

Juwan Johnson
WR Oregon

Michael Warren II
RB Cincinnati

D.J. Wonnum
DE South Carolina

2021 NO 2nd  
    2021 HOU 4th  
    2021 TB 4th  
    2021 NO 5th

Just those first 5 picks would make this draft a success, just wish we had a developmental OT in there. This draft sets us up, especially defensively, for the future.