2020 Draft Thread

Forge

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Saw something on another SF site that broke down the type of WRs that Kyle leans to. It was all about the quicks, but they need to have some RAC chops too. 

like, sub 7 (or low as possible at) on the 3 cone.. 4.3 or better on the short shuttle. 

We drafting Pittman Jr. from USC at #31 overall. It's already done. 

I am definitely a fan of Pittman, athletic and big WR, put up some great production at USC. Now, im just curious who we took at #13 if we went WR at #31.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to move back a little from #13 (17-22 range) and get back into the late second or early third to address multiple needs. If we can address 3 of the 4 (WR, CB, DT, O-line) in the first few rounds, it would be a major win.

1 hour ago, P_locniners said:

I am definitely a fan of Pittman, athletic and big WR, put up some great production at USC. Now, im just curious who we took at #13 if we went WR at #31.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to move back a little from #13 (17-22 range) and get back into the late second or early third to address multiple needs. If we can address 3 of the 4 (WR, CB, DT, O-line) in the first few rounds, it would be a major win.

Guess it depends on which if any OL drop to 13.. if they love one that falls.. and if we have intentions of replacing Joe soon with one of them.

(or moving McG over, which I am uncomfortable with)

Maybe they consider Spoon more of a roster bubble guy at this point, and it's not like Sherm can play forever. A guy like Henderson has to be appealing.  :/ 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I'm with DJ here. Actually not feeling that. 

Wilson has as much upside as anyone in the draft FWIW and he has been extremely durable. But he does need to refine his technique. I actually couldn't believe he was being valued as like a 4th rounder for a long time. I'm honestly not surprised about that.

23 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Wilson has as much upside as anyone in the draft FWIW and he has been extremely durable. But he does need to refine his technique. I actually couldn't believe he was being valued as like a 4th rounder for a long time. I'm honestly not surprised about that.

I have him between the third and the fourth. Mostly, he just isn’t the pass protector his competition is yet (as you said, because of improper technique). People think they can coach that at the NFL level - but the sin of hubris slides its way into all of our human endeavors. 

DJ's most recent mock. 

1. Cincinnati - Joe Burrow | QB |
2. Washington - Chase Young | EDGE |
3. Detroit - Jeff Okudah | CB |
4. NY Giants - Tristan Wirfs | OT |
5. Miami - Justin Herbert | QB |
6. LA Chargers - Tua Tagovailoa | QB |
7. Carolina - Derrick Brown | DT |
8. Arizona - Jedrick Wills | OT |
9. Jacksonville - Mekhi Becton | OT |
10. Cleveland - Isaiah Simmons | LB/S |
11. NY Jets - CeeDee Lamb | WR |
12. Las Vegas - Jerry Jeudy | WR |
13. San Francisco - Henry Ruggs | WR |
14. Tampa Bay - Andrew Thomas | OT |
15. Denver - Javon Kinlaw | DT |
16. Atlanta - CJ Henderson | CB |
17. Dallas - K'Lavon Chaisson | EDGE |
18. Miami - Yetur Gross-Matos | EDGE |
19. Las Vegas - AJ Terrell | CB |
20. Jacksonville - Justin Jefferson | WR |
21. Philadelphia - Kenneth Murray | LB |
22. Minnesota - Jaylon Johnson | CB |
23. New England - AJ Epenesa | EDGE |
24. New Orleans - Patrick Queen | LB |
25. Minnesota - Tee Higgins | WR |
26. Miami - Josh Jones | OT |
27. Seattle - Austin Jackson | OT |
28. Baltimore - Zack Baun | LB |
29. Tennessee - Brandon Aiyuk | WR |
30. Green Bay - Jordan Love | QB |
31. San Francisco - Ross Blacklock | DT |
32. Kansas City - Cesar Ruiz | IOL |

11 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Passing on Thomas for Ruggs is a bit of a tough one to swallow and honestly not in love with the Blacklock pick at 31. Not terrible because i like Ruggs and think he can be great in Shanahans offense. 

Agreed. 

If you're looking at it from a "best value" method, I think it has to be Thomas at 13 followed by receiver at 31 (or if you want to go DT / CB that's fine as well). But I don't know how you pass up on the tackle there, even if Thomas maybe isn't the best guy to consider as a possible guard his first year. 

Just now, Forge said:

Agreed. 

If you're looking at it from a "best value" method, I think it has to be Thomas at 13 followed by receiver at 31 (or if you want to go DT / CB that's fine as well). But I don't know how you pass up on the tackle there, even if Thomas maybe isn't the best guy to consider as a possible guard his first year. 

Thomas might be the most ready LT in this class and yeah he doesn't translate to guard as well as WIrfs but with that move you always have to wonder if thats the best way to go when you want them to replace Staley(if and when he retires). Say Wirfs is there and he plays out of his mind at RG do you still move him to LT or do you keep him and you are in the same situation.

• Like 1

Just now, Justone2 said:

Thomas might be the most ready LT in this class and yeah he doesn't translate to guard as well as WIrfs but with that move you always have to wonder if thats the best way to go when you want them to replace Staley(if and when he retires). Say Wirfs is there and he plays out of his mind at RG do you still move him to LT or do you keep him and you are in the same situation.

LOL it's funny you said this. So there is an unreleased podcast from a couple of weeks ago that is still going to come out, and I said the same exact thing about the guard playing out of his mind thing. Like, what do you do if you draft Wirfs and he's like an all-pro level, Quenton Nelson guard his first year?