Prospects to keep an eye on

indifference

ESPN's Todd McShay reports that Washington QB Jacob Eason's team interviews are "not going well" at the NFL Scouting Combine.

"[Eason] was too comfortable. He thought that he owned the room. He doesn’t understand the magnitude of all this," McShay said on NFL Live on Thursday, after checking in with "a couple of people I really trust with quarterbacks." 

19 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

ESPN's Todd McShay reports that Washington QB Jacob Eason's team interviews are "not going well" at the NFL Scouting Combine.

"[Eason] was too comfortable. He thought that he owned the room. He doesn’t understand the magnitude of all this," McShay said on NFL Live on Thursday, after checking in with "a couple of people I really trust with quarterbacks." 

Sounds like a cocky/confident thing. 

I'd be more worried if he was failing the whiteboard stuff.

26 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Definitely, but it's also an arrogance thing. Could lead teams to think he's not willing to be taught/learn...

I have not been impressed with Eason at the combine 

And I was really big on him ...

He didnt wow throwing deep and didnt do a good job of anticipating and leading the wideouts

Hurts looked better throwing 

Looks like I'm going to have to jump off that bandwagon

definitely not a 1st round option , probably not even rd 2 for me now

15 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I have not been impressed with Eason at the combine 

And I was really big on him ...

He didnt wow throwing deep and didnt do a good job of anticipating and leading the wideouts

Hurts looked better throwing 

Looks like I'm going to have to jump off that bandwagon

definitely not a 1st round option , probably not even rd 2 for me now

Because of a handful of throws at the combine? To guys he'd never thrown to before?

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Nothing has deterred me wanting the Bucs to draft Cole McDonald as the developmental Qb.  Franklin can fill the Taysom Hill role on the offense next season.

Based on meetings, it's either Stanley or Davidson from Princeton. I don't think QB is a position you can draft without first talking to the guy.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Because of a handful of throws at the combine? To guys he'd never thrown to before?

So the other qbs that looked better throwing than Eason threw to those guys before ? All the QBs were on the same playing field and I'm just saying Eason didnt really stand out 

I was in on him in the 2nd if he were to look good but imo he didnt do enough to impress . Theres plenty of QBs that go to the combine and throw really well but imo Eason was just average.

Now I'm more in on trying to go for Johnathan taylor round 2 because I think thatd be better value.

Maybe Eason in the 3rd 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Nothing has deterred me wanting the Bucs to draft Cole McDonald as the developmental Qb.  Franklin can fill the Taysom Hill role on the offense next season.

I like McDonald as well. His athleticism and accuracy are my favorite traits. He's going to struggle to make all the NFL throws though, as his arm strength is somewhat limited...

Wonder if that takes him off BA's board

38 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I like McDonald as well. His athleticism and accuracy are my favorite traits. He's going to struggle to make all the NFL throws though, as his arm strength is somewhat limited...

Wonder if that takes him off BA's board

Hard to say, I watched a bunch of Hawaii games when they played.  That offense threw up the seams, deep middle a lot and 9 routes.  He s a project no doubt, but whoever they draft will be rough around the edges.  So I guess it becomes which piece of clay do u want to mold.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Hard to say, I watched a bunch of Hawaii games when they played.  That offense threw up the seams, deep middle a lot and 9 routes.  He s a project no doubt, but whoever they draft will be rough around the edges.  So I guess it becomes which piece of clay do u want to mold.

Agreed. I'd have no issue with him. It's not like we're a team that will be playing in the cold weather a lot. Our climate is probably the most closely resembled to what he's used to in Hawaii. Lots of rain and mild to warmer temps...

I'd love to take a later round flier on him as a developmental guys. It's not like they pan out that often anyway...

• Like 1