Prospects to keep an eye on

indifference

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I'm liking the tape I've watched on WR Brandon Aiyuk. He's probably a late 2nd-early 3rd guy...

Good size at 6'0. Good speed with a quick twitch. High YAC guy. Can you up and get it. Not a body catcher. Great return guy as well...

Theres been talk of him going in the late first so I doubt hes there in the 2nd at our pick but even if he is IMO we dont need a 2nd round WR 

After doing some mocks on that site and seeing who is usually there in the 1st and 2nd at our picks I think our best combo is:

OL-DL-RB

OL-RB-OL

OL-OL-RB

DL-OL-RB

DL-RB-OL

41 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Theres been talk of him going in the late first so I doubt hes there in the 2nd at our pick but even if he is IMO we dont need a 2nd round WR 

After doing some mocks on that site and seeing who is usually there in the 1st and 2nd at our picks I think our best combo is:

OL-DL-RB

OL-RB-OL

OL-OL-RB

DL-OL-RB

DL-RB-OL

Aiyuk is one of those fringe guys that could go anywhere between late 1st to early 3rd. Definitely has a shot to be there with our 2nd.This WR class is stacked, so guys are gonna get pushed down the board...

And the mock site is fun and all, but not. Very realistic most likely. It's just going off the media and their site grades...

21 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

And the mock site is fun and all, but not. Very realistic most likely. It's just going off the media and their site grades...

They're adjusting things the closer we get to the draft. Eason was never available in the second round a month ago. Now he's falling to the third.

No mock draft simulator is perfect. We don't know team boards. But I think it's probably pretty close. Or at least as close as you can get.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Aiyuk is one of those fringe guys that could go anywhere between late 1st to early 3rd. Definitely has a shot to be there with our 2nd.This WR class is stacked, so guys are gonna get pushed down the board...

I just dont want to spend a high pick on a WR

We dont need one

Unless its BPA and Aiyuk is there in the 3rd then I wouldn't mind I guess but I dont really see it happening 

And yeah i know the mock is all in good fun but I still think based on the prospect rankings from the "gurus" that those were our best combinations to get value in the first 3 rounds

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I just dont want to spend a high pick on a WR

We dont need one

Unless its BPA and Aiyuk is there in the 3rd then I wouldn't mind I guess but I dont really see it happening 

And yeah i know the mock is all in good fun but I still think based on the prospect rankings from the "gurus" that those were our best combinations to get value in the first 3 rounds

If we invest in a WR early, it might mean the end of Mike Evans' Bucs career. Probably not immediately. But in a year or two.

And I would be extremely upset.

36 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If we invest in a WR early, it might mean the end of Mike Evans' Bucs career. Probably not immediately. But in a year or two.

And I would be extremely upset.

Could mean there preparing for life after Godwin. He's in last year of his deal and then you're probably looking at 1 franchise tag...

If he's willing to sign an extension before hitting the market, he's going to command top if the market money, which is probably $20+ million AAV in another year or so. That's a lot of cash for a position where production can wane from year to year...

Edited by kgarrett12486
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Could mean there preparing for life after Godwin. He's in last year of his deal and then you're probably looking at 1 franchise tag...

He's going to command top if the market money, which is probably $20+ million AAV in another year or so...

Maybe.

Godwin plays what seems to be the more important position in this offense though.

• Like 1