Prospects to keep an eye on

indifference

On 10/15/2019 at 1:01 PM, ravishingone said:

Jordan Love from Utah State is going to be an interesting evaluation for the rest of the year.  His stats are not great so far, but keep in mind the team has 9 new starters on offense,  And remember he plays for Utah State, not exactly a college football power house.

He's my favorite non power conference prospect. Has Josh Allen potential...

• Like 1

Burrow does a good job throwing to a spot, throwing guys open, and throwing with anticipation.

Examples:

He was facing heavy pressure in the redzone. He threw the ball low to a WR running a deep curl before the WR even turned around. Should've been a TD but it was dropped. Burrow threw it earlier than he should have but the pressure was getting to him. It was the best read on the play.

Against zone, a WR was running an in route from the slot. Burrow threw it to the open spot just behind the LB as the WR was making his break. Throw was on time and lead to a big gain.

40 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I believe right now Tua and Herbert will be the first 2 QBs off the board.  I know Burrow has been pimped by Draft Network and has had a great year.  However, Tua and Herbert have been equally impressive.  

Would nt be disappointed if Burrow was the pick.  

I’m not big on Herbert. Others at halftime of LSU game were big on Burrow too but yes Draft Network was prob pounding their chest first.

Right now for me it’s Burrow, Tua, Hurts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I’m not big on Herbert. Others at halftime of LSU game were big on Burrow too but yes Draft Network was prob pounding their chest first.

Right now for me it’s Burrow, Tua, Hurts.

What s funny is I feel the same way about Hurts that you do about Herbert.  😎  The draft process is such an inexact science, hard to really determine who becomes elite.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

What s funny is I feel the same way about Hurts that you do about Herbert.  😎  The draft process is such an inexact science, hard to really determine who becomes elite.  

Haha good thing we aren’t making the decision. But regardless of who is drafted (hopefully someone is) we’ll cheer for them the same. Honestly all I care about is drafting a good enough QB that gets to a second contract and can win games. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

My current QBs I'm considering with a 1st or early 2nd rounder...

1. Tua Tagovaiola

2. Justin Herbert

3. Joe Burrows

4. Jacob Eason

5. Justin Love

I agree thats going to be the top of the Qb list with Hurts added.  I believe Tua will be drafted by either Miami or Cincy.  After that, it will probably get unpredictable because each prospect has questions.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

My ears always perk up when Ben Albright chimes in with Bucs insight.  He believes Eason could be in play 🤔  

We sent scouts to his game against Oregon. I'd be shocked if we don't visit with him at least two or three more times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We sent scouts to his game against Oregon. I'd be shocked if we don't visit with him at least two or three more times.

He meets all the physical requirements BA wants.  Eason is just raw from a playing standpoint.  I would be very surprised if he was a top 5 pick because the top of this draft has some real talent at other positions.  Personally, I like him a lot, but he is going to need time to develop.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

He meets all the physical requirements BA wants.  Eason is just raw from a playing standpoint.  I would be very surprised if he was a top 5 pick because the top of this draft has some real talent at other positions.  Personally, I like him a lot, but he is going to need time to develop.

BA splitting practice fields and making sure everyone gets like 500 snaps or whatever ridiculous number it is won't be an issue. If the guy can sling it and proves to not be an idiot during interviews, I can't imagine BA would shy away.

I, too, would be curious to see BA with his own handpicked QB.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

BA splitting practice fields and making sure everyone gets like 500 snaps or whatever ridiculous number it is won't be an issue. If the guy can sling it and proves to not be an idiot during interviews, I can't imagine BA would shy away.

I, too, would be curious to see BA with his own handpicked QB.

Arizona did draft Logan Thomas in the 4th round.  Big surprise, Thomas had an elite arm.  He really wants his QB to be able to drive the ball on those out cuts to the WRs over the CB sitting in the flat.  Every QB he has had could consistently make that throw,  

If the Bucs go QB, even if they want to burn significant draft capital to go get their guy, the reality it will be QB3 or QB4 drafted.  It doesn't mean he won t be the best QB.  I wonder how Bears fans feel today.

7 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Arizona did draft Logan Thomas in the 4th round.  Big surprise, Thomas had an elite arm.  He really wants his QB to be able to drive the ball on those out cuts to the WRs over the CB sitting in the flat.  Every QB he has had could consistently make that throw,  

If the Bucs go QB, even if they want to burn significant draft capital to go get their guy, the reality it will be QB3 or QB4 drafted.  It doesn't mean he won t be the best QB.  I wonder how Bears fans feel today.

Lamar Jackson was taken 32nd, the fifth QB taken. I can't imagine they're bummed about it.

If you've got a guy you like for your system, you take him.

• Like 2

I need a little help in believing Jalen Hurts is anything, but a meh prospect.  I was pleasantly surprised to see he was more accurate then I thought at Bama.  I 've read comparisons to Newton, I think he is more comparable to Deshaun Watson coming out of Clemson.  So why can he thrive in BA s offense because the OU offense won t be in Tampa next season.

• Like 1